PDA

View Full Version : If we get Gruden (We are trying)

acehole
12-31-2012, 10:13 AM
His # 1 Qb request will be...

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Where-will-Alex-Smith-land-next-year-4133430.php

No RG3 in this draft...this team is ready to compete now not in 2-3 years.

Pull the trigger on both.

I would give San Fran our #1 next year and call it a day.

We have been dicking around too long...

This guy was one play away from the big game...

That play was not his fault.

He is perfect.

Mr. Miyagi
12-31-2012, 10:16 AM

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Where-will-Alex-Smith-land-next-year-4133430.php

You know this because.....? Is it from a "reliable source"? Should we "stay tuned"?

Don't Panic
12-31-2012, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to him, but no way on a 1st. I wouldn't even give up a 2nd this year... possibly next year. I do agree that he would be solid if we were able to land Gruden (which is still fantasy IMO). We would be an impact LB away from competing for that elusive playoff spot.

psubills62
12-31-2012, 10:17 AM
A number 1 pick for Alex Smith? Oh goodness.

Which Gruden?

acehole
12-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Yes on Gruden...the bug a boo is control ...speculation on Alex. He can run gruden offence and does not have to have his hand held. He can start day one. We could still draft a groom qb... but we are ready to win now.

Stay tuned if you want...my info is solid.

You know this because.....? Is it from a "reliable source"? Should we "stay tuned"?

- - - Updated - - -

John.

Which Gruden?

acehole
12-31-2012, 10:33 AM
In 2014 not 2013. ...and yes I think it is worth it.

X-Era
12-31-2012, 10:36 AM
So you are saying you have a source telling you we are after Gruden?

Mr. Miyagi
12-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Stay tuned if you want...my info is solid.

John.
Did you solid info also tell you that the guy's name is Jon instead?

I don't mean to be a dick, but history shows that your "solid" info has never been close to solid, or even plasma. It's been nothing but a bunch of hot air. So excuse me for not trusting an ounce from you.

better days
12-31-2012, 10:42 AM
In 2014 not 2013. ...and yes I think it is worth it.

He is not worth a #1. The 49ers can not keep him on the roster April 1st or they will be on the hook for too much money for a back up. Lucky if they get a 3rd for him. I think teams will wait for him to get cut, he is just not that good or he would still be starting for the 49ers.

justasportsfan
12-31-2012, 10:45 AM
He's another game manager qb. Game managers are not worth a no.1 . Game changing qb's are worth a top 10 pick.

acehole
12-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Did you solid info also tell you that the guy's name is Jon instead?

I don't mean to be a dick, but history shows that your "solid" info has never been close to solid, or even plasma. It's been nothing but a bunch of hot air. So excuse me for not trusting an ounce from you.

Miagoson. I am right more then wrong. I have been wrong...but it does not mean the info is not solid.

History is with me more than you are saying.

The bigger question is why does it bother you so much.

Just trying to share whay I hear.

Besides you have not said a thing about alex smith or Gruden.

acehole
12-31-2012, 11:11 AM
He's another game manager qb. Game managers are not worth a no.1 . Game changing qb's are worth a top 10 pick.

He got within a wispering eye...he is nfl ready. He has got a good arm. He is better then the qb's coming out. Gruden will not want to come back on a hope that he can develop a guy and blow his last shot at coaching.

We could and probably will do a lot worse.

X-Era
12-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Miagoson. I am right more then wrong. I have been wrong...but it does not mean the info is not solid.

History is with me more than you are saying.

The bigger question is why does it bother you so much.

Just trying to share whay I hear.

Besides you have not said a thing about alex smith or Grunden.Are you saying we are after Gruden?

acehole
12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
There are teams hot for him.

They will get better then third.

Possibly less then first.

He is not worth a #1. The 49ers can not keep him on the roster April 1st or they will be on the hook for too much money for a back up. Lucky if they get a 3rd for him. I think teams will wait for him to get cut, he is just not that good or he would still be starting for the 49ers.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying we are after Gruden?

Yes.

X-Era
12-31-2012, 11:14 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.
I hope you're right... I'd love to land Gruden

better days
12-31-2012, 11:26 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.

The question is how hot teams are for Smith. I think a few teams would like to sign him as a FA, but why give up anything for him when you know the 49ers have to cut him if they can't work out a trade? I think a 3rd is the BEST they can do.

I just don't see a bidding war over Alex Smith.

acehole
12-31-2012, 11:32 AM
You have larry fitgerald over in AZ in the prime of his life....he just needs a guy to get him the ball....they will pay.

The question is how hot teams are for Smith. I think a few teams would like to sign him as a FA, but why give up anything for him when you know the 49ers have to cut him if they can't work out a trade? I think a 3rd is the BEST they can do.

I just don't see a bidding war over Alex Smith.

wozrob11
12-31-2012, 11:32 AM
pull the trigger and give San Fran a #1 for Alex Smith????? In the words of Johney McEnroe " YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS"!!!! Alex Smith is a ass clown

better days
12-31-2012, 11:37 AM
You have larry fitgerald over in AZ in the prime of his life....he just needs a guy to get him the ball....they will pay.

Smith does not have the arm to get a guy with Fitzgeralds speed the ball downfield where a GOOD QB could.

venis2k1
12-31-2012, 11:44 AM
Wasnt Alex Smith sitting out there in free agency for like a month last year while San Fran flirted with Payton Manning. No team even called him so the niners took him back. We could have had him for a phone call 10 months ago, now you want to give up a first round pick?

I like Alex Smith alot, more than most. And would love him to come here, but a first round Pick? Not even close. He is a 29 year old QB with a W/L record around .500 and Zero Pro Bowls on his resume.

starrymessenger
12-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Jon Gruden was reported to be in Buff about 10 days ago. In Oakland before that. Rumours about Philly to.
But who wants him anyway. The next great HC who has not yet made a name for himself out there is the guy you want. Like Marv Maybe Jay, maybe Zimmer, who knows. Jon is a prima donna and a divisive personality. IMO we should avoid the "big name" guys like Jon G, Reid, Martz, Smith etc...

don137
12-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Wasn't Smith an unrestricted free agent last year and really got no major interest? Not sure why teams would trade a very high pick for him when they could of signed him for nothing last year.

SABURZFAN
12-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Miagoson. I am right more then wrong.

:roflmao:

kishoph
12-31-2012, 06:56 PM

Which Gruden?

Must be Sam Gruden (cashier at the Quicky Mart), because I can't believe that Jon Gruden would be that foolish.

psubills62
12-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Must be Sam Gruden (cashier at the Quicky Mart), because I can't believe that Jon Gruden would be that foolish.
I was just making sure the ambiguity was removed so if Buffalo hired Jay, he couldn't come back and claim he was spot-on.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-31-2012, 07:18 PM
We have enough retread QBs, thank you.

BillsFever21
01-01-2013, 12:21 PM

He is perfect.

You would give up our #1 pick in the draft for Alex Smith? You must be crazy lol.

He was horrible up until Jim Harbaugh came around and salvaged 1.5 average seasons out of him before he made the switch to Kapernick. There isn't a chance in hell anybody would give up a #1 pick for him.

acehole
01-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Would you give a # 1 pick for the qb's coming out in 2013?

Same thing at least we know he can play.

You would give up our #1 pick in the draft for Alex Smith? You must be crazy lol.

He was horrible up until Jim Harbaugh came around and salvaged 1.5 average seasons out of him before he made the switch to Kapernick. There isn't a chance in hell anybody would give up a #1 pick for him.

better days
01-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Would you give a # 1 pick for the qb's coming out in 2013?

Same thing at least we know he can play.

We also know he was not good enough to keep his job in S.F. He is NOT worth a 1st by any sense of the imagination.

YardRat
01-01-2013, 02:31 PM
He got within a wispering eye...he is nfl ready. He has got a good arm. He is better then the qb's coming out. Gruden will not want to come back on a hope that he can develop a guy and blow his last shot at coaching.

We could and probably will do a lot worse.

Well, if we 'probably will' than that kind of shoots down the whole thing of getting Gruden and Smith, doesn't it?

acehole
01-01-2013, 03:00 PM
My point is most are saying no, he sucks..this is dumb. By default that means keeping fitz or going with draft pic. What I was hearing was on Gruden...what I was speculating is that him or any coach for that mater would not want to squander what could be their last coaching gig or first on a 2013 draft pick qb. If we went with Gruden.. Smith seem logical based on experience with west coast offense ..got within one game of big game and can be had. Gruden would be good fit for smith and smith for gruden if we went that way. Gruden would be Good fit for buffalo as he is a bit of a hard ass as gailey was players coach.

I am saying that we will probably lose out on both in the end and do worse. I was not predicting he would be head coach just that we where talking to him.

Savey?

Well, if we 'probably will' than that kind of shoots down the whole thing of getting Gruden and Smith, doesn't it?

acehole
01-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Being benched does not mean you are not good enough.

See court vs Flutie/Johnson.

We also know he was not good enough to keep his job in S.F. He is NOT worth a 1st by any sense of the imagination.

SABURZFAN
01-04-2013, 03:22 PM

your knowledge on QBs (or should I say LACK OF knowledge) is well documented. you reached an all-time low with this example.

acehole
01-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Says the president of the Trend Edwards fan club.

:bullseye:

your knowledge on QBs (or should I say LACK OF knowledge) is well documented. you reached an all-time low with this example.

SABURZFAN
01-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Says the president of the Trend Edwards fan club.

:bullseye:

WRONG AGAIN!!!!! why am I not surprised?

acehole
01-04-2013, 04:23 PM
I am right and you are a stalker back on ignore for you fatty.

I am sure you still have Trend Edawrd poster hanging in your moms basement.

Bye for now..you are allready boring.

:coocoo:
WRONG AGAIN!!!!! why am I not surprised?

acehole
01-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Also See River VS Breeze.

Million other examples.

JoeMama
01-04-2013, 04:33 PM

He is perfect.

It's a good thing you'd call it a day because it would be your last day working in an NFL front office.

A first round pick for Alex Smith?

That's completely nuts.

acehole
01-04-2013, 04:35 PM
As I said in another post conditional 2014.

And yes as high as #1.

Would you draft one at 8? and who would that be?

See the dilemma?

It's a good thing you'd call it a day because it would be your last day working in an NFL front office.

A first round pick for Alex Smith?

That's completely nuts.

SquishDaFish
01-04-2013, 04:39 PM
I wouldnt give a first for Smith and I like Smith. MAYBE a 2nd but more like a 3rd or 4th. Or even let him be released and then sign him

Mr. Pink
01-04-2013, 04:41 PM
I'd give a 3rd for Alex Smith.

JoeMama
01-04-2013, 05:39 PM
As I said in another post conditional 2014.

And yes as high as #1.

Would you draft one at 8? and who would that be?

See the dilemma?

No, I don't.

The 2013 QB class may suck but there's still hope that one of those guys will exceed expectations. It happens every year.

Alex Smith is a garbage dump retread who at his absolute best is a game manager who plays not to lose. If it weren't for the brilliance of John Harbaugh that kid would be out of the NFL by now.

And you're talking about coughing up a first round pick for him.

It boggles the mind.

Way to shoot for the stars, ace!

Bert102176
01-04-2013, 08:11 PM
I would love Gruden coaching the Bills but be realistic a coach of his caliber would never coach a team like the Bills unless maybe it was owned by a person not on their death bed

acehole
01-04-2013, 08:35 PM
OK well blow a pic on a gamble instead.

Same difference .

Conditional pick is conditional.

If he gets us in playoffs or top 5... I would do it.

We play that kind of ball anyway...we are suppose to be built on a running game and a defense anyway.

We were never suppose to be pass happy gunslinger throw the bomb kind of team.

Who cares why he improved....HE IMPROVED.

His game the last two years has been way above average.

The front office has a boner for him ever since he ***** slapped us like sabs mom in a horse track mens room.

The other half of the coin is development.

We have to much invested in current roster to had the franchise to a rookie qb...in this class especially.

So if we cant get vick or flacco ...Alex Smith is very logical.

Fitz should stay as back up. Draft pick yes.

But we need a known quantity now.

IF he sucks fine their goes our 4th rounder.

If he lead the nfl like he did last year...you wont care about that pick when we are in the playoffs.

No, I don't.

The 2013 QB class may suck but there's still hope that one of those guys will exceed expectations. It happens every year.

Alex Smith is a garbage dump retread who at his absolute best is a game manager who plays not to lose. If it weren't for the brilliance of John Harbaugh that kid would be out of the NFL by now.

And you're talking about coughing up a first round pick for him.

It boggles the mind.

Way to shoot for the stars, ace!