PDA

View Full Version : Wisenhunt Just might be the guy if Whaley Takes Over

ghz in pittsburgh
12-31-2012, 12:10 PM
He is an offensive guy but is able to get good defense. And when he has a QB like Warner, they are in the superbowl.

Now he did have several bad judgements on QB acquisition. A strong GM with Wisenhunt may get the job done.

Some have speculated that the Bills may want to kick Nix upstairs to be a special advisor while allowing Whaley to take over. Not sure Nix is receptive to that though.

The Jokeman
12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Or maybe Whaley brings in Wisenhunt to be OC incase chose to go on the D-side for headman.

Don't Panic
12-31-2012, 12:21 PM
How about Whaley as GM, Cowher as HC and Wisenhunt as OC... do you think that would work?

ghz in pittsburgh
12-31-2012, 12:33 PM
My opinion is that Cowher is out too long. I want someone who is capable, current (or maybe a year off) and still hungry. Cowher does not fit 2 of the 3. Wisenhunt, like all the guys out there, is not really proven to be capable until he wins one. But he's close - get to the big game once already.

On a side note, Wisenhunt is a fairly smart guy, turned down Raiders' HC offer a few years ago. He's not going to just take OC job. I bet he gets another HC gig. And if he's learning anything from he's stint in Arizona, he may want to go a place where they have a QB or in position to get a QB.

cookie G
12-31-2012, 12:49 PM
He is an offensive guy but is able to get good defense. And when he has a QB like Warner, they are in the superbowl.

Now he did have several bad judgements on QB acquisition. A strong GM with Wisenhunt may get the job done.

Some have speculated that the Bills may want to kick Nix upstairs to be a special advisor while allowing Whaley to take over. Not sure Nix is receptive to that though.

Any idea how he gets along with Whaley? I know they worked together, but that doesn't mean they like each other.

With that said, I respect anyone who can take the Cards to the SB. Hell, I respect anyone that can get 2 winning seasons out of the Cards.

Think he can get Warner out of retirement?

cookie G
12-31-2012, 12:51 PM
How about Whaley as GM, Cowher as HC and Wisenhunt as OC... do you think that would work?

Ok, Cowher comes in, names Whisenhunt his OC and steals Lebeau back as his DC.

stevesy
12-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Is there a reason everyone is still on the Cowher pipedream?

Anything other than wishful thinking?

Jeff1220
12-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Is there a reason everyone is still on the Cowher pipedream?

Anything other than wishful thinking?

Nope. No reason. Just wishful thinking.

IAG
12-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Whisenhunt would be nice option. I love the idea of Lovie Smith.

Don't Panic
12-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Ok, Cowher comes in, names Whisenhunt his OC and steals Lebeau back as his DC.

Even better... we should definitely go with that. Let's double the number of cheerleaders while we're at it... and just build a dome over the Ralph, but an open air dome so the people still freeze their cajones off.