PDA

View Full Version : Forget about Mike Glennon

HAMMER
12-31-2012, 12:50 PM
He is horrible, has thrown three picks and the game is barely past halftime. Poor decision making, horrible with throws over 15 yards.

SpikedLemonade
12-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah.

I am watching and just don't see his upside.

venis2k1
12-31-2012, 01:15 PM
First QB taken!!! what a joke.

ServoBillieves
12-31-2012, 01:24 PM
BUT WE SHOULD DRAFT GLENNON! HE SOLVES ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS!!!!

DraftBoy
12-31-2012, 01:27 PM
:whistle:

coastal
12-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Do I hear 14 years?

YardRat
12-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Still like Murray better.

BidsJr
12-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Glennon made a few poor throws, but otherwise showed all the tools. Was very accurate, very strong arm, moved very well inside the pocket. Looked like a better prospect to me than Ponder who went 12th overall.

ServoBillieves
12-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Glennon made a few poor throws, but otherwise showed all the tools. Was very accurate, very strong arm, moved very well inside the pocket. Looked like a better prospect to me than Ponder who went 12th overall.

He does slightly better than 6 yards per pass? OH WOW! Phenom in the making!

Night Train
12-31-2012, 02:58 PM
He has a good skill set to develop but lacks the mobility I wish to see.

BidsJr
12-31-2012, 03:00 PM
He does slightly better than 6 yards per pass? OH WOW! Phenom in the making!

Wow you are brilliant at reading between the lines because that is exactly what was written there!

BidsJr
12-31-2012, 03:01 PM
He has a good skill set to develop but lacks the mobility I wish to see.

He has excellent mobility imo, not RG3 mobility, but Brady/Manning inner pocket mobility.

kingJofNYC
12-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Tyler Wilson is the only guy I would touch in the first, and only if we trade back.

lightningbolt444
12-31-2012, 03:06 PM
This is Glennon in a nutshell makes good throws then has 4-5 a game you go wtf a pop Warner qb could have made that read. Don't know why so many want him especially at 8. He would be a good pick 3rd round and after not before that. Major project

CoolBreeze
12-31-2012, 03:40 PM
I remember Tom Brady at Michigan.... "Didn't have the tools", was very average and was a 6th rd pick for a reason. What changed after he was drafted? There are too many dynamics that go on at the college level. Much of the time college doesn't translate to professional. Look at the successful college players that were busts,(Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, David Klingler, Akili Smith etc. ) Then there are those who were average or a little above average in college who are great now. Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Eli Manning or Russell Wilson never led a college team to a national title. Many never won a conference title. The fact is WE don't know the intangibles, intelligence or heart that these guys have in them. I won't claim to know a lot about Glennon. I have seen him hit T.J Graham in stride, unlike the current QB of the Bills.

CoolBreeze
12-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Tyler Wilson is the only guy I would touch in the first, and only if we trade back.
Wilson is a very good QB on a very bad team. When he took over for Ryan Mallet a couple years ago when Mallet got hurt, Wilson was awesome.

lightningbolt444
12-31-2012, 04:11 PM
I remember Tom Brady at Michigan.... "Didn't have the tools", was very average and was a 6th rd pick for a reason. What changed after he was drafted? There are too many dynamics that go on at the college level. Much of the time college doesn't translate to professional. Look at the successful college players that were busts,(Ryan Leaf, Andre Ware, David Klingler, Akili Smith etc. ) Then there are those who were average or a little above average in college who are great now. Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Eli Manning or Russell Wilson never led a college team to a national title. Many never won a conference title. The fact is WE don't know the intangibles, intelligence or heart that these guys have in them. I won't claim to know a lot about Glennon. I have seen him hit T.J Graham in stride, unlike the current QB of the Bills.

All those guys you listed were good to great college qbs. Brady had great numbers at Michigan, Rodgers lead cal to a 10-1 season and also set a bunch of school records Roethlisberger was a great player on a bad team and recently had his jersey retired. Eli Manning won the Maxwell award among other things, Russell Wilson set the FBS record for passing efficiency.

So while those guys may not have lead their teams to a national championship each individually excelled as a QB. Tom Brady was nicked hard because of his measurables. He tested/ probably still tests out as some of the worst all time in certain combine drills. The guy produced at Michigan. Holding the team record for most completions. Wilson another guy if he was 4 inches taller he would have been in the conversation with RGIII and Luck and he may have gone before RGIII.

What this should show you is these guys were not just magically discovered they all had some measurable about them that nicked them a bit (maybe besides eli) but as far as on the field production they were fantastic. The NFL values measurables far to much instead of production on the field.

TacklingDummy
12-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Barkley is the only choice at 8. Way more potential than these other scrubs.

Night Train
12-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Barkley is the only choice at 8. Way more potential than these other scrubs.

6-1, tiny hands, injury prone. Not that mobile. Looks like a warm weather, dome guy at best.

USC QB's have never done much, outside of so-so Carson Palmer.

Ingtar33
12-31-2012, 07:18 PM

wow... oh wow.

Dude you don't know what you're talking about. stop now. please. Big Ben was a phenom in college. Anyone who watched him his freshman year knew he'd be huge. He only got better as time went on too. Easy top of the first round selection. Eli Manning was an outstanding college QB who took an average SEC team into elite status. While you're at it you probably should call out Payton Manning, he never won anything in college either. So he must have come out of left field. :rolleyes:
Russel Wilson was a great college QB, as was Rodgers, and Brady kept the highly touted and overvalued Drew Henson tied to the bench... he only went in round 6 because he was forced to split time with the highly recruited Henson, and had mediocre measurables (still does)

wow... speechless. hope you were trying to be sarcastic.

Michael82
12-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Now I'm even more pissed at Buddy Nix for not drafting a QB in the last 3 years. The draft class in 2013 looks horrid! :ill:

TacklingDummy
12-31-2012, 09:42 PM
6-1, tiny hands, injury prone. Not that mobile. Looks like a warm weather, dome guy at best.

USC QB's have never done much, outside of so-so Carson Palmer.
And yet he's the only one with potential. All others will be busts, maybe Barkley too.

CoolBreeze
12-31-2012, 10:45 PM
All those guys you listed were good to great college qbs. Brady had great numbers at Michigan, Rodgers lead cal to a 10-1 season and also set a bunch of school records Roethlisberger was a great player on a bad team and recently had his jersey retired. Eli Manning won the Maxwell award among other things, Russell Wilson set the FBS record for passing efficiency.

So while those guys may not have lead their teams to a national championship each individually excelled as a QB. Tom Brady was nicked hard because of his measurables. He tested/ probably still tests out as some of the worst all time in certain combine drills. The guy produced at Michigan. Holding the team record for most completions. Wilson another guy if he was 4 inches taller he would have been in the conversation with RGIII and Luck and he may have gone before RGIII.

What this should show you is these guys were not just magically discovered they all had some measurable about them that nicked them a bit (maybe besides eli) but as far as on the field production they were fantastic. The NFL values measurables far to much instead of production on the field.
Brady 6th round pick, Wilson 3rd round pick, Rodgers falls to bottom of 1st round. Yes, Roethlisberger went high, but there was a risk, because of where he came from and the competition he played against. My point is, who's to say the current crop of qb's coming out can't achieve the same thing? Why is it assumed that Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon or Geno Smith aren't worth a higher pick? If we solely talk about production on the field, then what happened to Leaf, Andre Ware, David Klingler, David Carr, Leinart, Geno Toretta, or Akili Smith. All were very productive, some had great measurables. There is more to it all, to assume the current group coming out will all suck.

RedEyE
12-31-2012, 11:01 PM
I like the idea of EJ Manuel.

I'd also like to see Jordan Rodgers in with a late round pick.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-31-2012, 11:47 PM
barkley, smith, wilson, murray, and maybe jones in rd 2...

im sure there are a couple others like boyd that will emerge.

we can get 1 of these guys to sit and learn along with getting alex smith

kishoph
01-01-2013, 04:11 AM
Brady 6th round pick, Wilson 3rd round pick, Rodgers falls to bottom of 1st round. Yes, Roethlisberger went high, but there was a risk, because of where he came from and the competition he played against. My point is, who's to say the current crop of qb's coming out can't achieve the same thing? Why is it assumed that Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon or Geno Smith aren't worth a higher pick? If we solely talk about production on the field, then what happened to Leaf, Andre Ware, David Klingler, David Carr, Leinart, Geno Toretta, or Akili Smith. All were very productive, some had great measurables. There is more to it all, to assume the current group coming out will all suck.

The draftniks guess more than anything, there's no such thing as a sure fire hit, there may be high probabilities, but you never know what will happen once they reach the NFL. Every draft can have a Russell, be it Russell Wilson or JaMarcus Russell, you don't know. What I want is a QB that has a strong arm, is accurate, is tough, a leader and can think. It's up to the coaches in the NFL to find a system that is suited for him to succeed and not try to force him into a system. For me it's Tyler Wilson, but I don't think he'll be there at #8. As far as Glennon goes, he's big with good arm strength, I haven't really seen him, but I'm not going to judge him on one game. He only has 2 years of starting experience since he was the back up to Russell Wilson. I do want the Bills to draft 2 QB's within the first 4 rounds, like the Redskins did last draft.