X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • Jan 2009

NFL Network sayiing the Bills are rumored to be Lovie Smiths top choice

Basically due to the talent on the roster. That is a drastic change from 3 years ago and its all due to the job Buddy Nix has done with the roster.

Heres an article saying he would be the best fit for the Bills http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ch-gm-openings
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: NFL Network sayiing the Bills are rumored to be Lovie Smiths top choice

Abba wears kittie cat dresses.

Comment

• zone
      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
      • Oct 2003

This would be the best New Years ever if that happened.
      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Pass

Comment

• Raptor
          • Jan 2009

Lovie Smith never managed to get the Chicago Bears over the hump in his nine seasons with the team, but it's not often that a coach loses his job following a double-digit win season.It stands to reason that Smith's résumé will make him an attractive candidate on the open market.NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that Smith plans to coach in 2013 and is very interested in vacancies in Arizona and Buffalo. Both the Cardinals and Bills have legitimate defensive talent already in place, making them a natural fit with Smith's sensibilities.It's a match on paper, though it remains to be seen if the teams have a mutual interest.

Lovie Smith was fired by the Chicago Bears on Monday, but he's looking to stay in the game. Of the possibilities around the NFL, Smith particularly is interested in openings in Arizona and Buffalo.

Comment

• Mr Bills
            • Jan 2010

Lovie is also good friends with Gil Byrd who he hired on two different occasions. If he gets hired, theirs a good chance Gil Byrd will be hired as well for secondary coach... or even DC?

Comment

• Gibby
              • Jun 2006

Lovie for Defensive Coordinator and HC, but the OC has to be his own boss and a good qb is a must. Yes, Lovie took the Bears to a sb with a lousy qb and a conference title game and several playoffs with another but he should not have any say over offense.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Kept changing coordinators to save himself. Seems like a figurehead coach and hasn't a clue about offense.

Don't see the attraction at all.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

I'll take him if he comes with Norv Turner running the offense. That's a pipedream though.

Actually, I'd take him either way.. but preferably with someone who can run an offense.
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• billsfanryan
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                    I'll take him if he comes with Norv Turner running the offense. That's a pipedream though.

Actually, I'd take him either way.. but preferably with someone who can run an offense.

That's a pipedream but man would it be awesome..

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                      Basically due to the talent on the roster. That is a drastic change from 3 years ago and its all due to the job Buddy Nix has done with the roster. Heres an article saying he would be the best fit for the Bills http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ch-gm-openings
                      My cousin, and someone I follow on twitter who are both Bears fans have heard similar rumors about Lovie Smith and the Bills. He apparently wants a team with a good core of defensive players. He's a defensive minded coach which is why Arizona and Buffalo top his list from what I've been told. Cardinals are said to be bringing in Andy Reid and Mike McCoy for interviews. It will be an interesting couple of weeks around here. lol
                      Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 12-31-2012, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                        • Feb 2005

Dude gets canned and he has a list? No thanks on someone who just got canned.
                        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
                          The Bills have 1 winning season in 8 years. Lovie Smith is looking pretty good right now in my opinion. If the rumor is even half true, it's not a bad thing. At least someone is rumored to even be interested in this job. I'll take it.

Comment

• Gibby
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
                            Superbowl appearance with Ress Gross man, and a couple other trips to the NFC title game and several playoff berths? ****, he'd be the most complete coach this team has had since at least Wade Philips.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Smith would be a good choice. I think our defensive personnel would do well in his defense. Actually I think Aaron Williams would thrive as a CB in his scheme not to mention Gilmore and Byrd and our 4 DL who would be perfect fits.

Only thing he would need is a MLB with range and instincts.

Comment

Working...
                              X