PDA

View Full Version : Bills Presser @ Noon

blln4lyf
01-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Just got the text.

superbills
01-01-2013, 08:21 AM
I suppose there's no word as to who's attending (Brandon, Wilson, NIX???)

swiper
01-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Ditto. Will be interesting to see who steps up to the podium.

billsfanryan
01-01-2013, 08:22 AM
From twitter...

@buffalobills: #Bills SVP/Comm. S. Berchtold: “Press Conference from OBD at Noon today. Media be advised.”

jpdex12
01-01-2013, 08:25 AM
From twitter...

@buffalobills: #Bills SVP/Comm. S. Berchtold: “Press Conference from OBD at Noon today. Media be advised.”
Nix's obituary reading with the Bills...

DBrown77
01-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Do you think they would call a pressed abut firing the gm? I think this is something else. Sale of the team?

IAG
01-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Hopefully the announce more Toronto games...just kidding.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Do you think they would call a pressed abut firing the gm? I think this is something else. Sale of the team?
Yes, they would hold a presser especially if they are ready to announce Whaley as new gm

GingerP
01-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Albert Breer of NFL Network says Nix is staying.

YardRat
01-01-2013, 08:38 AM
GR is teasing HUGE news...Howard Simon to give some details at 10AM.

Typ0
01-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Nix isn't going anywhere that has been pretty clear. He was willing to fire Gailey so he stays..,,

Night Train
01-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Maybe they'll hand the whole organization..to Lovie ! He's a nice guy !

Mr. Pink
01-01-2013, 08:41 AM

If Nix is staying, then maybe Brandon resigned and that's why he was in Detroit?

They couldn't have hired a coach yet and I'm doubting an announcement on the sale of the team.

billsfanryan
@alexmarvez: #Bills news conference going 2 announce Russ Brandon overseeing football operations, source told @FOXSports.com. Buddy Nix will report 2 him

Typ0
This will probably be about the coaching search. They are ready to spend big $$$ on a quality coach. Sorry it didn't work out with Chan think he's a great coach but we needed a change. Talented ball club thanks Buddy Nix. Sorry Wilson couldn't come but he thinks it's Friday and we can't stand to hear him embarrass himself with bad jokes that make no sense....

Mr. Pink
01-01-2013, 08:42 AM
@alexmarvez: #Bills news conference going 2 announce Russ Brandon overseeing football operations, source told @FOXSports.com. Buddy Nix will report 2 him

LOL or Russ Brandon is back to being the GM!

GingerP
So Brandon is now in charge of football operations?

They put a bean counter in charge... and just when it couldn't get worse.

Typ0

Oh **** we are doomed!!!

Typ0
01-01-2013, 08:44 AM
"Big big news" Bulldog just said. "stay tuned like you have never been tuned in before your mind will be unblown".

Night Train
01-01-2013, 08:44 AM

He's been team president for the last couple years. That's not news.

Albany,n.y.
01-01-2013, 08:45 AM

Bulldog is saying Simon's news will blow our minds

YardRat
01-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Bulldog is really hyping the lead up to Simon...'Blow your mind like it's never been blown....'

I'm intrigued...

GingerP
01-01-2013, 08:47 AM
He's been team president for the last couple years. That's not news.

Putting him in charge of football operations is. They basically are putting him in charge like Parcells was with the Dolphins or Mike Holmgren was with Cleveland. He is the proxy for the owner. Only... he has no experience as a football guy, he is an accountant.

scartown
01-01-2013, 08:47 AM
<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora)
Bills press conference at noon will announce CEO Russ Brandon is now team president. Will essentially be acting as owner for Ralph Wilson...

YardRat
01-01-2013, 08:50 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/about-us/front-office.html

<tbody>
Ralph C. Wilson, Jr.
President

Jeffrey C. Littmann
Chief Financial Officer

Russ Brandon
Chief Executive Officer

Buddy Nix (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/Buddy-Nix/8c210bdd-5c03-4698-9e8a-b287b9fcbc72)
Executive Vice President/General Manager

</tbody>

YardRat
01-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Brandon has complete control of the franchise, Nix stays on for 'short term', Whaley will take over as GM somewhere down the road...

Typ0
Buddy Nix staying as GM. Russ Brandon is being named team president. Keep title of CEO.

Ralph is turning over the franchise to Russ Brandon.

Brandon will have total control of the franchise and Wilson is removing himself from the day to day football operations of the franchise.

They are grooming Whaley to take over and he will be taking over.

Whaley, Brandon, Nix will solely conduct the coaching search and do not have to have approval from anyone else.

***all reported by Howard Simon from OBD on WGR550

historypete
According to WGR: Ralph has handed over all command and control to Russ Brandon. Brandon was CEO not President before this. Also said that Nix is still here for the short term.

YardRat
I hope the first thing Brandon does is tell Littman to **** off.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Breaking News: Tom Donahoe is going to be named our GM, Harvey Johnson to be named HC, Dave Wandstat to be named DC, and Vince Feragamo is to be named QB. Also, it has been announced that we are pursuing a CB from Ohio State.

GingerP
01-01-2013, 08:54 AM
So... the same twits who are responsible for the terrible teams of the last 13 years are now fully in charge and not accountable to anyone else.

This should go well.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Yepper.... Same ol same ol.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2013, 08:55 AM
I hope the first thing Brandon does is tell Littman to **** off.

This is kind of surprising the news today...I thought Littman was Ralph's go to guy and most trusted person within the organization. And basically Littman was the guy who was here til the day Ralph died to eventually take over and transition the control of the franchise to a new eventual owner...

Apparently Brandon is that guy and not Littman.

Maybe we can be rid of Littman now.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-01-2013, 08:56 AM
The key is that they need no approval from Ralph for any decisions, no Littman.

Let's see the generation difference between Ralph and Russ is all that different.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2013, 08:56 AM
I honestly see this news as good. As long as Brandon stays out of the way on the football decisions we no longer have the Ralph meddling specter hanging over the head of this franchise anymore.

Typ0
01-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Simon is making a good point that this move is to widen the scope of candidates for coaches because they no longer will have to deal with Wilson. And now Brandon and Nix can relinquish a lot of stuff on the coach that they will feel more comfortable in the position having control of those things...

SquishDaFish
01-01-2013, 08:58 AM
No more meddlig from ralph might be a good thing

GingerP
I'd feel a lot better if they put someone with a track record of football success in charge. Like Polian or something.

This is terrible.

Historian
train wreck

ghz in pittsburgh
01-01-2013, 09:00 AM
As far as the coach is concerned, we know what Nix like as a coach, mentality wise. We'll see what Brandon like now. Maybe the Syracuse guy is making more sense now.

Typ0
train wreck

maybe not...

venis2k1
Really????

Seriously?

Mr. Pink
01-01-2013, 09:01 AM
I'd feel a lot better if they put someone with a track record of football success in charge. Like Polian or something.

This is terrible.

As long as Brandon doesn't make the football decisions it's not a bad thing. Nix and Whaley should control the football decisions and if you bring in a coach who wants more control, well then that coach would take some away from Nix and Whaley.

Not terrible in my opinion.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-01-2013, 09:01 AM
No more meddlig from ralph might be a good thing
I still don't. I want to go the new and young upcoming ways. Not the has-been ones.

Nix's day is limited.

GingerP
01-01-2013, 09:02 AM
train wreck

I think we are beyond the train wreck stage. It was a train wreck before, now it is a train wreck that dumped radioactive waste everywhere and nobody will be able to live within 100 miles for the next 100 years. This is Chernobyl.

What has Russ Brandon ever done that makes him qualified to be in charge of a professional football team? His job in sales and marketing, he is not in any way qualified to run football operations.

THRILLHO
01-01-2013, 09:05 AM
I am glad that I am not the only one to see this as potentially being good news. Everyone complains about Ralph "holding us back" and how he needs to sell the team. Isn't this the next best thing? Lets see what Russ Brandon can do for us now that he has control. He might be a little more willing to spend money that isn't his now that he doesn't need "approval."

Typ0
01-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Wilson is doing what he thinks he needs to do to win. I have gained a lot of respect for him as a man in the last two weeks. This is great news.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2013, 09:08 AM
I think we are beyond the train wreck stage. It was a train wreck before, now it is a train wreck that dumped radioactive waste everywhere and nobody will be able to live within 100 miles for the next 100 years. This is Chernobyl.

What has Russ Brandon ever done that makes him qualified to be in charge of a professional football team? His job in sales and marketing, he is not in any way qualified to run football operations.

Brandon is the money guy. He's the one who brings the dollars in and will be responsible on the decisions for sending dollars out. I'm sure he'll set a budget for the football guys to acquire talent and now coaching.

That doesn't make sense to you?

Typ0
01-01-2013, 09:08 AM

Don't be silly. He can be trusted with the franchise and the business end won't fall apart. He will empower the football people to do the football thing. And they do need a system of checks and balances and an outside mind to help them see things they may miss because they are engulfed in everything. If the structure and process works right it's effective. This is an awesome day!!!!

GingerP
01-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Brandon is the money guy. He's the one who brings the dollars in and will be responsible on the decisions for sending dollars out. I'm sure he'll set a budget for the football guys to acquire talent and now coaching.

That doesn't make sense to you?

It would makes sense if a football guy was put in charge of Operations. It it was a Polian-type it would be all good. It isn't. It is a guy who has no experience in any aspect of running football opertions.

This guy is going to oversee what Nix is responsible for, but he doesn't know what that entails. This is beyond terrible. The Bills actually are a lot worse off, and I didn't think it possible.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-01-2013, 09:12 AM
train wreck

No, its more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmWBY283o5s

Fortunately we're bills fans so we should tell ourselves that its just a game and we should really just relax

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-01-2013, 09:17 AM
I was hoping nix would be gone... I have no love for his ability to build a team. Sure we may have better talent then when he started, but fer cryin out loud that is not saying much

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-01-2013, 09:19 AM
WhaT the hells the point of having a presser if everyone knows what is happening 2 hours before the presser?

Don't Panic
01-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Transition Nix to Whaley now, and set the stage for a transition from Ralph to the future owners later, using Brandon as the agent of transition. Makes great sense to me...

justasportsfan
01-01-2013, 09:36 AM
It would makes sense if a football guy was put in charge of Operations. It it was a Polian-type it would be all good. It isn't. It is a guy who has no experience in any aspect of running football opertions.

This guy is going to oversee what Nix is responsible for, but he doesn't know what that entails. This is beyond terrible. The Bills actually are a lot worse off, and I didn't think it possible.

Brandon is an awesome marketing guy but it doesn't take a genius to know that the best way to market the team is to win. If Ralph thought that way , he would have never fired Polian to begin with or make bonehead decisions like benching Flutie for Robosack. This could be a great thing if Russ is committed to winning .

GingerP
01-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Brandon is an awesome marketing guy but it doesn't take a genius to know that the best way to market the team is to win. If Ralph thought that way , he would have never fired Polian to begin with. This could be a great thing if Russ is committed to winning at all cost.

Yeah, but he doesn't know what he is doing. If they brought in Polian to do this, it would make sense. Instead, they put a marketing guy in charge of operations. It makes no sense.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-01-2013, 09:45 AM
I think more accurately, that Brandon will be in charge of $ and Nix/Whaley in charge of football personnel and philosophy.... But the same wing nuts are still in charge of the football decisions, and basically, other then Ralph supposedly keeping his piehole shut (I bet 50$ that this will not actually happen), nothing is changing.

justasportsfan
01-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Yeah, but he doesn't know what he is doing. If they brought in Polian to do this, it would make sense. Instead, they put a marketing guy in charge of operations. It makes no sense.

he doesn't know what he's doing in terms of what Marketing? HE's a genius. Again all they need to do is win and the way to win is to let the football guys make the decisions without Ralph getting in the way.

GingerP
01-01-2013, 09:52 AM
he doesn't know what he's doing in terms of what Marketing? HE's a genius. Again all they need to do is win and the way to win is to let the football guys make the decisions without Ralph getting in the way.

He doesn't know what he is going in terms of running a football operation. That has nothing to do with marketing. It is a real job, there is more to it than you think.

We will see how it plays out. I don't see this ending well at all.

justasportsfan
01-01-2013, 09:59 AM
He doesn't know what he is going in terms of running a football operation. That has nothing to do with marketing. It is a real job, there is more to it than you think.

most owners don't know what they're doing either so they go to football guys like what Brandon is doing with Whaley. I don't know if it will pan out but not having a meddling owner who has proven to screw up this operation with football decisions may not be a bad thing either. Ralph didn't have to care or answer to anyone if he screwed up since this was his team. Russ' head will be on a served on a platter.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Really Brandon is in the role of Art Rooney II like in Pittsburgh. They still have a GM and HC. Unlike Donahoe years ago in Buffalo where he is the president and GM

Saratoga Slim
01-01-2013, 10:24 AM

How could it be worse than it was?

Previously we had Brandon mostly running things, with Ralph involving himself to some degree.

Now we have Brandon running things on his own.

So if you're arguing that this is a worse situation, logically you must think we were better off with Ralph involved. I have a hard time believing that.

mrbojanglezs
01-01-2013, 10:27 AM
anyone have a live video link?

DieHrdBillsFan23
01-01-2013, 10:52 AM
anyone know if they are showing the press conference live anywhere, not just listening to it on WGR??

YardRat
01-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Brandon is only going to have final authority 'in say', but he emphasizes that he will hire world class people and empower them to do their jobs, especially on the football side of the organization. Buddy will run the football operation.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-01-2013, 11:01 AM
More of the same tripe.

YardRat
01-01-2013, 11:02 AM
"It starts and stops with me."

TacklingDummy
01-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Im thinking Nix is not getting fired but he is going to retire.

BigZ
01-01-2013, 11:39 AM
He said he liked this time of year......me thinks he drops down to consultant after the draft.

YardRat
01-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Brandon getting on a plane this afternoon, won't say where, but when questioned about Arizona chuckled and said something like 'It's a nice spot'...

GingerP
01-01-2013, 11:50 AM
How could it be worse than it was?

I didn't say it would be worse. It is a continuation of the same crap, and how can you like that? The Bills still lack a person in charge who knows what they are doing. They are a rudderless ship, adrift like they have been for a long time.

If Ralph was going to step back, he should have taken the chance to clean house and bring in someone who knows how a winning football organization is run. He didn't do that, he left the same bags-of-crap in place that had no clue what they were doing before. What has changed? Nothing. They are lost.