Efing analytics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Efing analytics

Fancy buzz word for cheap bastard.
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Efing analytics

... Ok.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Good to see a stress on analytics, but it can be like anything else... if you don't use it properly then you won't be making good decisions.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          • Feb 2005

Are you listen to the presser?
          brandon keeps talking about analytics.. And that's Moneyball.... Gets wins but no championships
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

This team can suck my ass.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
              Are you listen to the presser?
              brandon keeps talking about analytics.. And that's Moneyball.... Gets wins but no championships
              I'm not seeing it. Give me more details on why you're so against it.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                Legendary Zoner
                • May 2009

Will somebody tell me why that giganticly long faced hillbilly is still employed?

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                  Will somebody tell me why that giganticly long faced hillbilly is still employed?
                  A better roster. Good drafting. Keeping our own. Signing the biggest FA contract in Bills history.

He has made mistakes. But he's getting a pass for now. I think they see him as doing more good than bad.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

As a pretty big baseball fan, and a Mets fan, people throw the moneyball term around much too loosely. Moneyball is market exploitation, it's arbitrage. Find what other teams are doing wrong and exploit it to your advantage, take advantage of mispriced assets. Overall, "moneyball" is a constant evaluation of your "system" and the way you run your ball club. The Red Sox and Yankees used moneyball, your market size doesn't matter, it's the way you evaluate your entire operation and the way you approach the market for players ie assets.

Brandon's an idiot, wouldn't take anything he says seriously, but moneyball would actually be a positive for this ball club. People in charge are too dumb to put a good system in place to exploit what other teams are missing. They wouldnt have extended Fitz, and passed up on QBs in the 3rd round (a cheap controllable asset), if they used moneyball/analytics.

Dude is just pitching the latest trend. Khan down in Jax is preaching the same thing, and he has his son doing it. They're probably more serious about it. Brandon's just jumping on the wagon.
                    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 01-01-2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                      As a pretty big baseball fan, and a Mets fan, people throw the moneyball term around much too loosely. Moneyball is market exploitation, it's arbitrage. Find what other teams are doing wrong and exploit it to your advantage, take advantage of mispriced assets. Overall, "moneyball" is a constant evaluation of your "system" and the way you run your ball club. The Red Sox and Yankees used moneyball, your market size doesn't matter, it's the way you evaluate your entire operation and the way you approach the market for players ie assets.
                      Can you tell me more. I really know nothing about it.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post

Brandon's an idiot, wouldn't take anything he says seriously, but moneyball would actually be a positive for this ball club. People in charge are too dumb to put a good system in place to exploit what other teams are missing. They wouldnt have extended Fitz, and passed up on QBs in the 3rd round (a cheap controllable asset), if they used moneyball/analytics.

Dude is just pitching the latest trend. Khan down in Jax is preaching the same thing, and he has his son doing it. They're probably more serious about it. Brandon's just jumping on the wagon.
                        kj said it all

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Russ:

"How we put the cap together middle and long term"

Said absolutely it's Moneyball

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Read between the lines..."Levitre is gone."
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Analytics and Moneyball are not one in the same. Analytics are simply a part of Moneyball.

A Dept of Analytics will be very good for the football team.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X