PDA

View Full Version : I Am Totally On Board.

Typ0
01-01-2013, 12:06 PM
That's all I'm going to say. I have been a staunch critic of this organization for years. I am seeing and feeling something big happening here. I can't say we are going to get the right coach, right QB or anything that is going to thrust us into a Super Bowl. What I can say is this is big. Huge big. This is the change we have been waiting for. I am ready to completely start over. No longer frustrated with the years of mediocrity. Because now I see vision of the future for this organization. This is not a load of crap being sold to us. This is what we have been waiting for. You watch and see where we are in 20 years ... the team will be in Western New York and we will have spent years competitive instead of in the basement. The telling tale to this is the organization has been crippled with Wilson and he is still adept enough to know what he has to do now to give it a chance to work while he's still alive.

jamze132
01-01-2013, 12:09 PM
I hope you're correct but I still have me reservations until I see where the HC search takes us.

Mr. Miyagi
01-01-2013, 12:16 PM
The telling tale to this is the organization has been crippled with Wilson and he is still adept enough to know what he has to do now to give it a chance to work while he's still alive.
I agree with all that you said, I'm very hopeful as well. I just wish he had seen the light years ago instead waiting until he's one foot in the grave.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Until Ralph sells, you can't be certain.

What I learned is that people decide everything. Let's see what Russ is up to, compared to Ralph.

OpIv37
01-01-2013, 12:23 PM
I don't like Brandon having football authority. He's great at marketing the team and does a good job with regionalizing but his stint as GM was a disaster. Hopefully he'll be smart enough to just rubber stamp whatever the GM wants.

Don't Panic
01-01-2013, 12:29 PM
The thing I like is that the way many of us said this should evolve (fire Gailey, succession for Nix, address ownership issue), it has evolved. Its not like some of the past drafts where we all knew that the Bill should take, Ngata, Orakpo, Gronk, et al only to see them do something different and then spend the next few months trying to make it ok in our heads. Form follows function... finally seem to be getting it right.

DynaPaul
01-01-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm just concerned about a marketing guy making football decisions. That's the biggest negative I see here.

Typ0
01-01-2013, 02:41 PM
where does anyone say the marketing guy is going to make football decisions though? He said he is going to empower people. Do you know what that means? It actually means the football guys are going to get more power in decision making not less...because they don't have RW meddling in their activities any more.

psubills62
01-01-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm very intrigued to see where this goes. My first instinct is that I like it.

psubills62
01-01-2013, 02:48 PM
I don't like Brandon having football authority. He's great at marketing the team and does a good job with regionalizing but his stint as GM was a disaster. Hopefully he'll be smart enough to just rubber stamp whatever the GM wants.
I have some of your reservations. The key is if Brandon truly understands his limitations.

I saw reports that both Polian and another former GM have been contacted about consultation for GM and HC candidates. If Brandon is willing to both delegate, or at least reach out and get help, I think this could be a very good thing. If not, well, we'll see how much change this might end up being, if at all.

Night Train
01-01-2013, 06:24 PM
It's Ralph handing off the team to someone he knows/trusts as his physical/mental health starts to slip away at 94.

Like I said before in another post, It's Brandon basically watching over the Ralph Wilson Trust as a game changing coach is being sought.