• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD: Bills Announce Culture Change

In case you’ve been living under a rock for the last few days here is the quick update on what has happened. The Bills first fired Chan Gailey on Monday, his record with this team and an unwillingness to utilize our personnel properly was his undoing. The Bills also fired all the coaches along with Gailey leaving this team with a clean slate to start over with.
    Many will disagree which is fine.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: BBD: Bills Announce Culturel Change

Disagree? No kidding.

the only thing that's new is Chan Gailey and his staff were fired and Wailey will be assuming GM duties at some point over next year.

Big deal.

Comment

• Mski
      • Mar 2006

Re: BBD: Bills Announce Culture Change

I some what agree... but i'm also gonna hold judgement until i see some real change... Brandon came on WGR after the presser, and kinda implied that Ralph was sticking his nose in too much in the past and not allowing Brandon to do things completely his way
      RIP Tommy D!
      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

DB, what are your thoughts on RB as leader/face for the franchise?

Comment

• cookie G
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
          Christina Pagniacci was officially given the keys to the kingdom.

Why the hell do you think my father put me in charge you bullheaded moron!?

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Talk is cheap. Show me real change. Ken Wisenhunt being your first interview is not a good start!

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Brandon is a moron.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Comment

• BLeonard
                BoB Sabermetrician
                • Jan 2003

The Buffalo Bills on Tuesday promoted Russ Brandon to the position of president and CEO with full authority over the team's operations.

Owner Ralph Wilson, 94, relinquished his title as team president to Brandon, who already held the title of CEO. In his new role, Brandon will report directly to Wilson.
                Besides getting the title of "President," what exactly has changed again? Brandon is still reporting to Wilson, so really, nothing has changed.

-Bill

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...m-russ-brandon

Besides getting the title of "President," what exactly has changed again? Brandon is still reporting to Wilson, so really, nothing has changed.

-Bill
                  Wilson is no longer needed for any kind of final approval. How are people not understanding how big of a change this is?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                  I think you have a young, smart, and passionate guy leading this team now. Brandon is well regarded around the NFL and he wants nothing more than to keep this team in Buffalo and for it become a winner again. You can't ask for much more than that right now.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• bf1
                    • Oct 2010

I'll believe it when I see it. There is zero reason for me to believe that there will be any culture change.

Comment

• BLeonard
                      BoB Sabermetrician
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      Wilson is no longer needed for any kind of final approval. How are people not understanding how big of a change this is?
                      Right... And Brandon doesn't have anything to do with the "football" side of things, either. Remember when they tried to shovel that **** on when Nix was hired? Sorry, I don't buy any of it.

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      I think you have a young, smart, and passionate guy leading this team now. Brandon is well regarded around the NFL and he wants nothing more than to keep this team in Buffalo and for it become a winner again. You can't ask for much more than that right now.
                      I don't recall anyone in the NFL ever saying that Brandon was "well regarded." If he's so interested in keeping the Bills in Buffalo, why did he start selling games off to Toronto, when it's quite obvious that nobody (fans and players) likes it at all? The only person that benefitted from the entire Series was Ralph Wilson, by pocketing $78 million. It didn't "regionalize" the team at all... Hell, there were more fans of other teams in the SkyDome than there were Bills fans. Yet, after 5 years of it failing, Brandon will likley double down on it and extend the Series.

Thus far, the only positive I see out of this is that Brandon could be the next out the door if he doesn't produce results on the football field.

By the way, your article is wrong... The relocation fee is $400 million, not $500 million.

-Bill

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                        Right... And Brandon doesn't have anything to do with the "football" side of things, either. Remember when they tried to shovel that **** on when Nix was hired? Sorry, I don't buy any of it.
                        Name one decision you can prove Brandon had to do with since Nix has been named GM? Ill wait.

I don't recall anyone in the NFL ever saying that Brandon was "well regarded." If he's so interested in keeping the Bills in Buffalo, why did he start selling games off to Toronto, when it's quite obvious that nobody (fans and players) likes it at all? The only person that benefitted from the entire Series was Ralph Wilson, by pocketing $78 million. It didn't "regionalize" the team at all... Hell, there were more fans of other teams in the SkyDome than there were Bills fans. Yet, after 5 years of it failing, Brandon will likley double down on it and extend the Series.

Thus far, the only positive I see out of this is that Brandon could be the next out the door if he doesn't produce results on the football field.
                        Because he understands business and that regionalization is the only way to keep the team viable given its current disaster. That move has netted the Bills millions, its one of the most successful business moves any NFL team has made. We should double down on the series, are you kidding me. Its 75-100 million for the team, especially if you expect Ralph to even consider financing part of a new stadium.

The fee is $500 million, 400 to Erie County and 100 to NFL.

By the way, your article is wrong... The relocation fee is $400 million, not $500 million.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Here's a culture that won't change next year... missing the playoffs.

Comment

• Wolffman
                            • Jul 2004

For the naysayers:

What exactly, up to this point, should they have done to show a "real culture change"?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                              Here's a culture that won't change next year... missing the playoffs.
                              Short sighted views are what have hurt this team the most.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X