PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Murray

RedEyE
01-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Anyone watching the Capital One Bowl?

The more I see of Murray the more I really like this kid. I thought he did well against Bama too despite the out come.
He has done a lot to improve his draft rating the last two games.
Especially the way Nassib, Geno, and Glennon recently played.

RedEyE
01-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Hope he comes out this year.

nolimit
01-01-2013, 03:18 PM
As do i

DraftBoy
01-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Me too, UGA will move on and some poor team will overdraft him.

Great college QB, very little pro traits I like.

cookie G
01-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Georgia should have had that game put away by the 2nd Q. He threw 2 horrendous INT's in the 1st Q.

Redeemed himself pretty well. But remember, a lot of those throws were to a wide open WR.

ct bills fan
01-01-2013, 03:37 PM

To me I see a quick release, very strong arm, tough, good deep ball, accurate, plays in the best conference in college football. He just put up big numbers against the top pass D in college. Height and weight not ideal (6'1", 211) but that's bigger than Brees and a hell of a lot bigger than Wilson. Doesn't run but manuevers around the pocket well. What don't you like about him? I know you do a lot of research and I am interested. I look at all the other qbs in this class and he stands out to me, granted, it may be the weakest class I've seen in a while. Where do you think he goes, if he declares? My guess is #8 is too early for him but he'd be gone by our 2nd pick (unless we moved up).

YardRat
01-01-2013, 03:41 PM
I like Murray a lot...he's a gamer. If he was smart, he wouldn't come out though. Take one last shot at a title.

RedEyE
01-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Regardless, he put over 400 yards in the air against the number 1 rated pass D in the country. The two picks are forgiveable. From what I saw he was threading the ball and making some pro like plays all year. Definitely has a strong arm but there are some highly opinionated questions concerning his overall accuracy.

His obvious downside is his size.

DraftBoy
01-01-2013, 04:38 PM
To me I see a quick release, very strong arm, tough, good deep ball, accurate, plays in the best conference in college football. He just put up big numbers against the top pass D in college. Height and weight not ideal (6'1", 211) but that's bigger than Brees and a hell of a lot bigger than Wilson. Doesn't run but manuevers around the pocket well. What don't you like about him? I know you do a lot of research and I am interested. I look at all the other qbs in this class and he stands out to me, granted, it may be the weakest class I've seen in a while. Where do you think he goes, if he declares? My guess is #8 is too early for him but he'd be gone by our 2nd pick (unless we moved up).

His deep ball is one of the most inconsistent things he does. He doesn't read the defense well and really struggles with pressure when it comes from the inside. He's got a strong arm, he's fiery, tough, and a leader, but I dont think he's the next Russell Wilson which is where everybody goes.

If he declares I see him in the 2nd-3rd Round area.

He's not 6'1, I've been told he may not even be 6'0.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless, he put over 400 yards in the air against the number 1 rated pass D in the country. The two picks are forgiveable. From what I saw he was threading the ball and making some pro like plays all year. Definitely has a strong arm but there are some highly opinionated questions concerning his overall accuracy.

His obvious downside is his size.

Did you see the two picks? They were horrendous decisions, they are in no way forgiveable.

ParanoidAndroid
01-01-2013, 05:05 PM
He made several good throws under pressure today, much to my dismay. He read the blitz well and made Nebraska pay on a couple of long 3rd downs.

IAG
01-01-2013, 05:10 PM
If he is that good then KC drafts him

RedEyE
01-01-2013, 05:20 PM
His deep ball is one of the most inconsistent things he does. He doesn't read the defense well and really struggles with pressure when it comes from the inside. He's got a strong arm, he's fiery, tough, and a leader, but I dont think he's the next Russell Wilson which is where everybody goes.

If he declares I see him in the 2nd-3rd Round area.

He's not 6'1, I've been told he may not even be 6'0.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the two picks? They were horrendous decisions, they are in no way forgiveable.

Did you see the other 18 throws - 5 for TDs and a 6th dropped in the end zone by the reciever against what is said to be the best pass D in college football this year? INTs happen to the best of them and he recovered well from a few mistakes early on.

Night Train
01-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Boyd of Clemson looked far better last night.

DraftBoy
01-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Did you see the other 18 throws - 5 for TDs and a 6th dropped in the end zone by the reciever against what is said to be the best pass D in college football this year? INTs happen to the best of them and he recovered well from a few mistakes early on.

Yes...and did you see how many were to WR's who had beaten bad coverage? Over half the throws is the answer. Some of the throws were great, the bucket ball to Conley specifically but let's not act like he had some incredible game. Its a typical Aaron Murray game. Multiple turnovers and good stats. In college you get away with that in the NFL you lose those games.

RedEyE
01-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Yes...and did you see how many were to WR's who had beaten bad coverage? Over half the throws is the answer. Some of the throws were great, the bucket ball to Conley specifically but let's not act like he had some incredible game. Its a typical Aaron Murray game. Multiple turnovers and good stats. In college you get away with that in the NFL you lose those games.
Couldn't disagree more. But you know what they say about opinions...

DraftBoy
01-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Couldn't disagree more. But you know what they say about opinions...

Yup.

Bert102176
01-01-2013, 06:41 PM
His play kinda reminds me of a smaller big ben they way he avoids tacklers and his arm strength, and a mike Vick with the turnovers

RedEyE
01-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Boyd of Clemson looked far better last night.
I like Boyd as well. I wouldn't go as far as saying he looked better than Murray this week, but he has probably had just as good a year.

And they're both really quite comparable in size.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2013, 07:06 PM
If he declares, he'll be the 2nd or 3rd QB taken.

YardRat
01-01-2013, 07:45 PM
I'd take him over Smith or Barkley right now.

DraftBoy
01-01-2013, 07:58 PM
If he declares, he'll be the 2nd or 3rd QB taken.

Id be even more shocked than the idea that Wilson falls to the 2nd Round.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Id be even more shocked than the idea that Wilson falls to the 2nd Round.

I think you're overvaluing this QB class tbh.

I know teams reach and over draft guys but there's no way 4 will go in round 1.

Glennon has the measurables teams love. Murray has an arm. Geno is regarded as the best QB in the class. They'll all go round 1. After that it'll take a team trading back in to the 1st from the 2nd for another QB to get selected.

And I will still contend that Barkley will be lucky to go in round 2.

Yeah there are teams that "need" QBs. Alex Smith, Michael Vick and Tim Tebow are gonna take care of 3 of those teams.

Bill Cody
01-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Pluses: great kid, good arm, played against good teams
minuses: small, can be streaky, had trouble against better teams, would benefit from staying in school for his senior year
In the end I think he surprises a lot of people and stays at Ga. If he comes out he rates to me as a 2nd rounder

NOT THE DUDE...
01-02-2013, 02:42 AM
1- barkley
2- geno
3- wilson
4- murray
5- jones
6- nassib
7- glennon

we should be able to get one of those guys in rd 2...

sign alex smith, draft teo, and then pick a decent prospect to groom in rd 2

tampabay25690
01-02-2013, 10:02 AM

Couldn't agree with you more

RedEyE
01-06-2013, 08:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8819392/georgia-bulldogs-aaron-murray-return-senior-season

Murray tweeted he is staying with the Dawgs. A good choice on his part but another QB out of the draft.