• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Aaron Murray

Anyone watching the Capital One Bowl?

The more I see of Murray the more I really like this kid. I thought he did well against Bama too despite the out come.
    He has done a lot to improve his draft rating the last two games.
    Especially the way Nassib, Geno, and Glennon recently played.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Aaron Murray

Hope he comes out this year.

Comment

• nolimit
      Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
      • Aug 2003

As do i

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Me too, UGA will move on and some poor team will overdraft him.

Great college QB, very little pro traits I like.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• cookie G
          • Mar 2003

Georgia should have had that game put away by the 2nd Q. He threw 2 horrendous INT's in the 1st Q.

Redeemed himself pretty well. But remember, a lot of those throws were to a wide open WR.

Comment

• ct bills fan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            Me too, UGA will move on and some poor team will overdraft him.

Great college QB, very little pro traits I like.
            To me I see a quick release, very strong arm, tough, good deep ball, accurate, plays in the best conference in college football. He just put up big numbers against the top pass D in college. Height and weight not ideal (6'1", 211) but that's bigger than Brees and a hell of a lot bigger than Wilson. Doesn't run but manuevers around the pocket well. What don't you like about him? I know you do a lot of research and I am interested. I look at all the other qbs in this class and he stands out to me, granted, it may be the weakest class I've seen in a while. Where do you think he goes, if he declares? My guess is #8 is too early for him but he'd be gone by our 2nd pick (unless we moved up).

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I like Murray a lot...he's a gamer. If he was smart, he wouldn't come out though. Take one last shot at a title.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Regardless, he put over 400 yards in the air against the number 1 rated pass D in the country. The two picks are forgiveable. From what I saw he was threading the ball and making some pro like plays all year. Definitely has a strong arm but there are some highly opinionated questions concerning his overall accuracy.

His obvious downside is his size.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ct bills fan View Post
                  To me I see a quick release, very strong arm, tough, good deep ball, accurate, plays in the best conference in college football. He just put up big numbers against the top pass D in college. Height and weight not ideal (6'1", 211) but that's bigger than Brees and a hell of a lot bigger than Wilson. Doesn't run but manuevers around the pocket well. What don't you like about him? I know you do a lot of research and I am interested. I look at all the other qbs in this class and he stands out to me, granted, it may be the weakest class I've seen in a while. Where do you think he goes, if he declares? My guess is #8 is too early for him but he'd be gone by our 2nd pick (unless we moved up).
                  His deep ball is one of the most inconsistent things he does. He doesn't read the defense well and really struggles with pressure when it comes from the inside. He's got a strong arm, he's fiery, tough, and a leader, but I dont think he's the next Russell Wilson which is where everybody goes.

If he declares I see him in the 2nd-3rd Round area.

He's not 6'1, I've been told he may not even be 6'0.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                  Regardless, he put over 400 yards in the air against the number 1 rated pass D in the country. The two picks are forgiveable. From what I saw he was threading the ball and making some pro like plays all year. Definitely has a strong arm but there are some highly opinionated questions concerning his overall accuracy.

His obvious downside is his size.
                  Did you see the two picks? They were horrendous decisions, they are in no way forgiveable.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

He made several good throws under pressure today, much to my dismay. He read the blitz well and made Nebraska pay on a couple of long 3rd downs.

Comment

• IAG
                      • Jan 2005

If he is that good then KC drafts him

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

His deep ball is one of the most inconsistent things he does. He doesn't read the defense well and really struggles with pressure when it comes from the inside. He's got a strong arm, he's fiery, tough, and a leader, but I dont think he's the next Russell Wilson which is where everybody goes.

If he declares I see him in the 2nd-3rd Round area.

He's not 6'1, I've been told he may not even be 6'0.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the two picks? They were horrendous decisions, they are in no way forgiveable.
                        Did you see the other 18 throws - 5 for TDs and a 6th dropped in the end zone by the reciever against what is said to be the best pass D in college football this year? INTs happen to the best of them and he recovered well from a few mistakes early on.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Boyd of Clemson looked far better last night.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                            Did you see the other 18 throws - 5 for TDs and a 6th dropped in the end zone by the reciever against what is said to be the best pass D in college football this year? INTs happen to the best of them and he recovered well from a few mistakes early on.
                            Yes...and did you see how many were to WR's who had beaten bad coverage? Over half the throws is the answer. Some of the throws were great, the bucket ball to Conley specifically but let's not act like he had some incredible game. Its a typical Aaron Murray game. Multiple turnovers and good stats. In college you get away with that in the NFL you lose those games.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Yes...and did you see how many were to WR's who had beaten bad coverage? Over half the throws is the answer. Some of the throws were great, the bucket ball to Conley specifically but let's not act like he had some incredible game. Its a typical Aaron Murray game. Multiple turnovers and good stats. In college you get away with that in the NFL you lose those games.
                              Couldn't disagree more. But you know what they say about opinions...

Comment

Working...
                              X