PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Choose?

BillsWin
01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but here is the list of confirmed coaches we have requested for interviews or have set up interviews with...

Ken Whisenhunt
Doug Marrone
Russ Grimm
Ray Horton
Hue Jackson
Chip Kelly
Mike McCoy

I have left off Lovie Smith because the only reports I have seen are interest on his side, not the Bills.

If this list is accurate and the head coaching search ended today who would be your top three choices from this list and why?

Just for fun.

TrEd FTW
01-01-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm good with everyone on there except Whisenhunt and Grimm.

ublinkwescore
01-01-2013, 08:34 PM
I think we would be dumb to not give Lovie Smith a go here - the guy has been to the big game, and appeared in two additional NFC title games... get your head out of your ass Ralph.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2013, 08:42 PM
I'll just go with the no's and why...

Whisenhunt - Arizona has no offensive identity of any sort and hasn't really had one in a few years. We're a team that lacks that elite QB. His two attempts at one in AZ were utter failures. Leinart and then Kolb.

Grimm - was passed over by his own organization for Tomlin when Cowher departed. That speaks something to what his own organization he worked for years with thought of him.

Hue Jackson - one of the worst HC's I've ever seen. Look at what he did in Oakland.

Doug Marrone - Puppet OC in NO. Not largely impressive in college. While he did turn around 'Cuse somewhat it's not that impressive considering they're in a very weak conference.

Lovie - rich man's Jauron. If you hated Jauron you'd hate Lovie.

That leaves Horton, McCoy and Kelly.

McCoy isn't terrible but people will point to he's only good because of Peyton Manning.

Horton I like as AZ had a decent defense regardless of the fact their offense was basically non-existent and Chip Kelly would definitely be a huge cultural change guy. I'd be good with either of those two being here.

ublinkwescore
01-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Lovie Smith has actually fielded top 5 defenses, made the playoffs more than once, and won some playoff games - there is absolutely no comparison to dick jauron.