PDA

View Full Version : Good and bad meets

Lefty2985
01-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Just seen it somewhere else and figured it was cool and seein as I couldn't post mine I'd figure is throw it out there. Tell some of the good and bad experience with celebs or pro athletes. I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of bills threw the years here some of mine. Steve Johnson- I was at a restaurant with my wife and I was in his jersey when he came in with his family and he got off the phone and came up to say hi to me cause I was wearing his jersey. Eric wood- seen him at the movies and was very nice and was asking me about how I liked the movie ect. None that were really bad per say. Marshawn lynch wasn't friendly and the time I ran into Freddy Jackson he wasn't either. Could've been a bad day ppl have those

Wittman21
01-01-2013, 08:55 PM
I have a pretty cool story about Eric Wood....I missed a flight coming from Charlotte to Buffalo (bad weather in Charlotte, plane couldnt land as charlotte was my connecting city) and while I was in line to get resched I noticed that Wood was 3 people ahead of me (May of 2010, after his tib/fib injury). I was wearing a Bills hat and we just started talking a bit about the Bills and what not and we both were resched for the following morning to return to Buff (it was around 8pm). We talked a bit more and I said I was going to just sleep in the airport for the night. He left, I hung out in the airport. About an hour later I saw him walking back and he said "F*** it Im gonna stay here too". So literally I spent the night in the Charlotte airport with him. He was very cool, we talked a lot about the Bills, Louisville, his injury, players on the Bills (especially TO, Derrick Dockery (who he called a "fat lazy POS"), Lee Evans), the draft (said Steelers called him and said they would draft him at 32, bills traded up and got him at i think 28), and we talked a lot about golf.
Next AM while waiting for flight we had breakfast (Chilis) and sat next to eachother on the plane....We stayed in contact for a few months (we made a couple plans to go golfing but they fell through, havent talked to him since...)
but very cool story....

Generalissimus Gibby
01-01-2013, 09:20 PM
I met Ryan Fitzpatrick once, nice enough guy. Saw my Bills shirt and asked if I wanted an autograph and so I said sure. I gave him a pen and then he immediately dropped it. Yeah, kinda clutzy guy -- class act, just clutzy -- then he signed my football and tried to toss it to me but it was intercepted by a guy wearing a pats jersey. Because of this I ended up missing my flight and losing my luggage.

Okay, I am being sarcastic, but back in the glory days I did meet Jim Kelly and he signed my copy of Armed and Dangerous. That was a cool moment growing up.

ServoBillieves
01-01-2013, 09:49 PM
I seem to miss out a lot on meeting players. I went to high school with and played on the same team as AQ Shipley (Colts center, tried out for the Bills), and played against Dorin Dickerson in high school for 3 years.

Two big misses were Poz and Anthony Hargrove.

Poz went to High School at Hopewell, literally 5 minutes from where I grew up (Moon Township) and had a thing for my sister actually. So when I was on my way home from college one day I get a picture on my cell from one of my mom's co-workers. It was Poz hugging my mom at her job. He signed a Garden Ridge receipt and gave it to my mom. He knew my sister through a mutual friend and donated some stuff for her memorial golf outing a few times as well.

What REALLY miffed me once was when I had the chance to meet Hargrove. If you've been around long enough, you know my old SN was HargroveforMVP. Something about the guy I just really liked (I refuse to use the word 'motor'). So on Memorial day a few years ago, we had our annual family get together/**** show at my uncles in Virginia Beach. It's essentially a family reunion for all the drinkers in the family and golf is always involved to some extent. Well, I woke up too early to go fishing and by the time we had to go to the course, I had passed out on the couch. My cousin walks in and wakes me up after they were done, and throws down his scorecard, says "Look how we did."

It was signed by Hargrove. He apparently was in the group in front of my 4 cousins and was more than happy to sign it and pound a couple back with them in the clubhouse. Massive disappointment...BUT, the Bide-a-Wee score card is hung up right about my desk.

Non-Bills, I spotted Dan Kreider numerous times at my old gym when he played for the Steelers. Also sold a hat to Bob Ligashesky.