PDA

View Full Version : What's Russ Brandon's Future?

ghz in pittsburgh
01-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Ralph Wilson passed the torch to him. But the ownership didn't go to him. And he's in the position that traditionally belongs to the owner himself or a direct family member of the owner. Let's say Wilson passes away and the Bills are sold. I'd imagine the new owner would want Brandon's position back.

Nix will retire. Whaley will keep building his resume to be a GM in NFL. Littman will always be the bean counter like every team has. Brandon gets one shot to build his brand of being the top dog for a maybe a few years.

Don't Panic
01-02-2013, 10:50 AM
I think his performance (ie that of the team) will dictate whether or not he is retained by new ownership, which should be within the seven year window the lease provides. To me it really fits the whole progression that has been laid out in the last few weeks. The Bills are now viable, all individuals are now accountable, an opportunity to truly become a solid team on the field is in front of us, and the odds of the Bills staying in WNY are as high as they have been in the last two decades.