X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Riememsma rumors again

I'm really getting sick of these. I don't think TD would be dumb enough to cut him right now. He's the only TE we have that can catch. What are all these people thinking??

Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• eyedog
    • Jul 2002

i'm not sick of them. right now riems. has a couple of problems.
    1. either he is not getting open or they are not looking for him in the game plan. one catch for 11 yds. is not going to cut it at his salary. i'm curious to see what role he plays this sunday.
    2. he's not a good blocker.
    3. td is pissed about him not taking a salary cut.

they should have cut him in camp if they are not gonna throw to him. if they don't start using his strengths, then why keep him here.

Comment

• blcny
      • Jul 2002

It's only been one game. Give the guy a break. He's a good TE. He has 15 more games to prove that. The Jets have good LB so it is hard for TE to get open. Also we ran the ball a lot. If his numbers don't improve by week 6 or 7 then we can talk about cutting him.
      LET"S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

IF JR is gonna put up some numbers, this should be the week. Biekert came in off the street, and next thing you know, he's starting MLB. Then he got hurt, and the Bears took over. Viking LB's suck.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Trade him..........do not release him!

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

He could be worth a conditional 2 or 3, maybe?
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• clumping platelets

HOWEVER.........I say keep him!!

Comment

• JayWood
                The Professor
                • Jul 2002

I agree with EE, I think that this weekend against Minnesota you will se alot more of JR in the game plan.
                When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

Hopefully. With Reed, Moulds, Price, Henry, Centers, and Riemersma...the Vikings won't know where to look
                  cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• eyedog
                    • Jul 2002

thats another problem for jr. there is only one ball to go around. from the looks of it he is a ways down the list. and rightfully so imo.

Comment

• HenryRules
                      • Jul 2002

I believe the article was talking about him not having a job in Buffalo next year. Considering everything - his salary, unwillingness to reneg on contract, and so far a limited performance in preseason and 1st game - I don't really see what's wrong with predicting its going to be tough for Riems to have a job as a Bill in 2003.

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

I dunno who we'd replace him with. In a passing offense, which we seem to be leaning towards, a TE that can catch is usually a good idea
                        cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

Dave Moore is an underrated pass catching TE. Last year was really only the first time that JR posted significantly better numbers than DM did. Also, with receivers that run 4 deep and three RBs that can catch (LC, TH, SM), the necessity of a great pass-catching TE is not as important. Another factor to consider is that we are moving to a smash-mouth, run-oriented type of offense. While Moore is at least an adequate fit in a pass-oriented offense, JR is not a good fit at all in a smash-mouth offense - he can't block. Finally, TE is one of the positions where there always seems to be someone available in free agency that's at least decent. Perhaps we won't get someone of JR's calibre. But if we save 1.5 mil in cap space and pick up someone else that can give us a nice complement to Moore I think we come out ahead.

Comment

• venis2k1
                            Youboty can hope
                            • Jul 2002

Yea, i agree. Considering the ammount of carries that Henry is getting a Great Blocking TE is very important.

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

We'd still need someone on the team that could catch. It isn't Dave Moore.
                              cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X