PDA

View Full Version : How many of the current players will be shown the door?

jpdex12
01-02-2013, 12:12 PM
I think we will see a few surprises as far as player changes once a new coach steps in. We have heard from Russ Brandon especially that what is one of the more appealing factors of why a coach will want to come to this team is the "Robust Roster". What a bunch of crap! That robust roster is what heped get Chan fired. If they were on the verge of breakgin out in 2011 with a 5-2 record then they collapsed and fell back into the abyss of old and stunk in 2012 then how can you call that a robust roster? Sure one can say they quit on Chan but what kind of character is that to quit on anyone? As far as I'm concerned this team didn't show any of us great potential. If they did then they wouldn't have sucked this year. You can't pin this all on Chan or Nix. These guys are all professionals. We had professionals before too then some of them were let go and perform better elsewhere.

I got sick of hearing from all of the end of the season interviews how talented this team was. If they were then where were the wins? Where was any sort of consistency? Where was the fight in them? I didn't see or hear of any of them getting pissed off or fired up. They were docile like the character of their coach. Meek is a good word to use. Every Sunday afternoon press conference from the players...same old BS. We are better than this, we have to go back to work and keep trying. Like they were going to meditate heavier and wait for Phil Jackson like yoga spirits to help them along. How about strapping on the freaking balls and just go get the freaking job done? It's not that hard. You block better, tackle better and play together with better cohesion and you'll win games.

Other than both our offensive and defensive lines I'd expect to see some familiar faces shown to the door.

Mr. Miyagi
01-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Can we finally get rid of Brad Smith now? Maybe tie a slow-footed QB to his back so Kelsay can finally chase him out the door, and slam it shut to lock them both out.

X-Era
01-02-2013, 12:16 PM
I think Kelsay and Fitz are probably gone. Kelsay has a better chance to stay only because Nix is so fond of his locker room presence.

Those moves put 11mill (7 in cap for Fitz and 4 for Kelsay) back in your pocket. And both would be extremely likely if you're running moneyball.

The King
01-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Fitz, Easley, Barnett, Wilson, Choice, C-Mac, A Williams, B Smith, Thigpen and Lindell.

Resign Leodis and Levitre.

X-Era
01-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Fitz, Easley, Barnett, Wilson, Choice, C-Mac, A Williams, B Smith, Thigpen and Lindell.

Resign Leodis and Levitre.I'd keep Easley and Williams because they are cheap. I'd probably keep C-Mac because of his ability to play ST's. I'd agree on the rest.

The King
01-02-2013, 12:24 PM
I'd keep Easley and Williams because they are cheap. I'd probably keep C-Mac because of his ability to play ST's. I'd agree on the rest.
One has been given 4 chances the other has shown nada. Cheap is good but you can get other cheap guys and see if they can make the most of an opportunity. You can't hold roster spots up because someones cheap.

X-Era
01-02-2013, 12:28 PM
One has been given 4 chances the other has shown nada. Cheap is good but you can get other cheap guys and see if they can make the most of an opportunity. You can't hold roster spots up because someones cheap.

Also true. Easley has done crap. I'm fine with him being gone. I would like to keep Williams though. If for nothing else than his ability to play FS is Byrd leaves.

tatersalad
01-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I think williams should be moved to safety he is very atheltic and might be better suited there

Mr. Pink
01-02-2013, 12:37 PM
I'd say half the roster would be turned over.

The King
01-02-2013, 12:39 PM
I think williams should be moved to safety he is very atheltic and might be better suited there
If they could convert Wilson then maybe...

Albany,n.y.
01-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Can we finally get rid of Brad Smith now? Maybe tie a slow-footed QB to his back so Kelsay can finally chase him out the door, and slam it shut to lock them both out.

A real head coach would have realized Brad Smith was the 2nd best receiver on the roster. I want to see what he can do as a receiver before I cut him loose just because Chan Gailey didn't use him correctly.

Mr. Pink
01-02-2013, 12:42 PM

He'd be a free safety. We already have Byrd.

Aaron Williams will be gone within 2 years.

Mr. Miyagi
01-02-2013, 12:45 PM
If they could convert Wilson then maybe...
Wilson isn't getting any younger. Williams could learn behind Wilson and take over eventually. Brooks could be decent with some experience opposite Gilmore. Leodis is good at the slot.

alnilla
01-02-2013, 01:15 PM
A real head coach would have realized Brad Smith was the 2nd best receiver on the roster. I want to see what he can do as a receiver before I cut him loose just because Chan Gailey didn't use him correctly.

Chan not use someone properly? noooo

BLeonard
01-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Well, if Gailey gets a gig anywhere else, Choice and Thigpen are gone for sure. Kelsay is probably a goner as well.

A lot will depend on who the next Head Coach is... I shudder to think this, but we might end up with a guy that wants to keep Fitz at QB... Can't think of anyone who would, but I never thought Gailey would start his tenure with Trent Edwards at QB, either.

-Bill

jpdex12
01-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Wasn't the knock on Smith at WR that he didn't run solid routes? Thought he was more of a "find the soft spot in the zone" reciever?

jpdex12
01-02-2013, 01:26 PM
I really got a kick out of the "robust roster" comment by Russ. We do have solid starters but in my opinion we are not deep and we do not have good talent behind the starters to carry along without missing a beat from injuries which have killed us in recent years. Why has no one talked about bolstering our training department? That is one of the more important areas of a team. You can't find success if you work with *hitty tools!

coastal
01-02-2013, 01:27 PM
What do the analytics tell us?

jpdex12
01-02-2013, 01:30 PM
What do the analytics tell us?

We might have to study the moon phase and graph some barometric pressure readings to get an accurate answer...