PDA

View Full Version : Nix, Brandon, Their Language

bf1
01-02-2013, 01:38 PM
They are still going on this mantra that the team is better than it was 3+ years ago. I have to laugh. It's not. Talent wise, I think it's a tiny bit better.

QB - Same
RB - Moderately Better
WR- Push
OL - Little Better
TE - Much Better, but not a game changing position.

DL - Substantially Better
LB - Substantially Worse
DB - Despite Carousel, Little Worse

Sum total. Push or small increase. I don't think Gailey was great, but he could have done more with better talent. Certainly their record should have been better if the talent was there.

I hope this talk is PR and not delusion. Buddy is still talking about "building through the draft." I dunno, but I see that as a futile effort unless you retain everyone who amounts to anything good.

Keep in mind "moderate improvements" are improvements over a losing team. This team is filled with average to below average talent. Spiller is the only one I see who has superstar potential.

One more draft ain't gonna improve this team much more.

jpdex12
01-02-2013, 01:44 PM
They are still going on this mantra that the team is better than it was 3+ years ago. I have to laugh. It's not. Talent wise, I think it's a tiny bit better.

QB - Same
RB - Moderately Better
WR- Push
OL - Little Better
TE - Much Better, but not a game changing position.

DL - Substantially Better
LB - Substantially Worse
DB - Despite Carousel, Little Worse

Sum total. Push or small increase. I don't think Gailey was great, but he could have done more with better talent. Certainly their record should have been better if the talent was there.

I hope this talk is PR and not delusion. Buddy is still talking about "building through the draft." I dunno, but I see that as a futile effort unless you retain everyone who amounts to anything good.

Keep in mind "moderate improvements" are improvements over a losing team. This team is filled with average to below average talent. Spiller is the only one I see who has superstar potential.

One more draft ain't gonna improve this team much more.

Yeah, you may be right but look at the common thread. I can't name many players on Washington's team that stick out as probowlers. Their roster may not look much different than ours but they have two commodities that we don't. A proven coach and a star franchise QB. This organization has not done *hit to fill either of those positions on this team for the last 16 years. You have to ask yourself, why not? We made a huge mistake due to poor evaluations when we screwed Flutie and put in Johnson. Flutie was proven, Johnson was not. You know where that got us. We have made a few moves in the draft and FA to try to find success but we failed. Bledsoe, we wasted a 1st round pick on an empty car and you see where trading away other 1st round picks got us with Losman. We suck at evaluating! Point the fingers at those idiots that can't even predict when they have to take a *hit!

bf1
01-02-2013, 01:45 PM
...unless Nix hits grand slams on every draft. Which after 3 years he's proven to not be able to do.

bf1
01-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Yeah, you may be right but look at the common thread. I can't name many players on Washington's team that stick out as probowlers. Their roster may not look much different than ours but they have two commodities that we don't. A proven coach and a star franchise QB. This organization has not done *hit to fill either of those positions on this team for the last 16 years. You have to ask yourself, why not? We made a huge mistake due to poor evaluations when we screwed Flutie and put in Johnson. Flutie was proven, Johnson was not. You know where that got us. We have made a few moves in the draft and FA to try to find success but we failed. Bledsoe, we wasted a 1st round pick on an empty car and you see where trading away other 1st round picks got us with Losman. We suck at evaluating! Point the fingers at those idiots that can't even predict when they have to take a *hit!

Agreed.

jpdex12
01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
and we all know who the goons are that control who pulls the trigger on these decisions. Upper management and none of them have been fired in a long time. They promote from within and funny thing is that most of those terds who have been there as long as we've sucked are still there. Find a trend? Is it Ralph who has or had final say in this or is it the round table of dolts we've heard of who pull the strings? It would be nice to finally get some answers to the wizard pulling the knobs behind the curtain.

BLeonard
01-02-2013, 02:13 PM
2007: 7-9
2008: 7-9
2009: 6-10
2010: 4-12
2011: 6-10
2012: 6-10

The team is obviously not better than it was. You can say all the bull**** you want about "better talent," "better depth," blah, blah, yadda, yadda.

The only place where improvement is really shown is in the win-loss column. Any other talk about a team being "better" is just that... Talk.

"Show me the baby," remember that?

a lot of other babies around the NFL have been shown, a fair amount of them in one year's time. So far, the Bills' "baby" has taken 3 years and it still hasn't been shown.

Win football games, or GTFO. Period.

-Bill

jpdex12
01-02-2013, 02:18 PM
2007: 7-9
2008: 7-9
2009: 6-10
2010: 4-12
2011: 6-10
2012: 6-10

The team is obviously not better than it was. You can say all the bull**** you want about "better talent," "better depth," blah, blah, yadda, yadda.

The only place where improvement is really shown is in the win-loss column. Any other talk about a team being "better" is just that... Talk.

"Show me the baby," remember that?

a lot of other babies around the NFL have been shown, a fair amount of them in one year's time. So far, the Bills' "baby" has taken 3 years and it still hasn't been shown.

Win football games, or GTFO. Period.

-Bill

Amen brother! Amen!

I remember the friggin Dolphins turning it around in one year after they made some significant changes not too long ago. Wasn't that with Sparano's first year? Then we have seen Washington, Indy...both in one year. Seattle has turned it around in a few year's time. I'm sure I'm missing others. Why can't we?

jpdex12
01-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Each of us are only one voice but together the many of us can be heard. This outfit needs to be put on notice. Turn this train wreck around or pack up and get the hell out of town. We don't want to continue to watch *hit and waste our time. I couldn't find myself rooting for another team like I have for the Bills for so long. It just wouldn't be the same. Probably focus more on college ball. Enough is enough though. Quit making excuses and just get things fixed. We are all so entirely sick of the garbage. Like a spouse that keeps cheating time and time again...at some point you draw the line and say See ya bi*ch!

Yasgur's Farm
01-02-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm thinking your analysis is off on a few positions... I don't find 1 category we're currently worse at. I call agenda colored glasses here.

QB - Same Yup
RB - Moderately Better Better... Which is improved from already good.
WR- Push Depends on what year Lee Evans you look at. I say better than Old Evans, Josh Reed/Peerless Price, broken Roscoe Parrish.
OL - Little Better Light years better
TE - Much Better, but not a game changing position. Yup

DL - Substantially Better Yup
LB - Substantially Worse Push... Where not comparing to prime Spikes and London Fletcher here... Remember Digeorgio, Ellis, etc?
DB - Despite Carousel, Little Worse Rookies Gilmore and Brookes make this a push

DynaPaul
01-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Coaching was their biggest downfall.

Albany,n.y.
01-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Amen brother! Amen!

I remember the friggin Dolphins turning it around in one year after they made some significant changes not too long ago. Wasn't that with Sparano's first year? Then we have seen Washington, Indy...both in one year. Seattle has turned it around in a few year's time. I'm sure I'm missing others. Why can't we?

Almost every turnaround has one thing in common with the other turnarounds-a huge upgrade at QB.
Dolphins-Green & Lemon to Pennington
Seattle-Jackson to Wilson
Washington-Grossman & Beck to Griffin
Indianapolis-Painter & Orlovsky to Luck (and the prior year the other way Manning to Painter & Orlovsky)
Here's some more
Atlanta -Harrington (Redman & Leftwich) to Ryan
New Orleans-Brooks to Brees
Pittsburgh-Maddox to Roethlisberger
More importantly, as long as the switch was to a young QB (unlike Miami squeezing one last healthy season out of Pennington) based on prior history, the improvement should last a long time.

People who say we are X many years from the playoffs don't understand that a great QB can turn around just about any team within a year or two after he gets there. Kelly took 3 years, but that was a different era before free agency. Get the QB & your team is a contender for the next decade, don't get one & it's 13 years with no playoffs.

Mike
01-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Almost every turnaround has one thing in common with the other turnarounds-a huge upgrade at QB.
Dolphins-Green & Lemon to Pennington
Seattle-Jackson to Wilson
Washington-Grossman & Beck to Griffin
Indianapolis-Painter & Orlovsky to Luck (and the prior year the other way Manning to Painter & Orlovsky)
Here's some more
Atlanta -Harrington (Redman & Leftwich) to Ryan
New Orleans-Brooks to Brees
Pittsburgh-Maddox to Roethlisberger
More importantly, as long as the switch was to a young QB (unlike Miami squeezing one last healthy season out of Pennington) based on prior history, the improvement should last a long time.

People who say we are X many years from the playoffs don't understand that a great QB can turn around just about any team within a year or two after he gets there. Kelly took 3 years, but that was a different era before free agency. Get the QB & your team is a contender for the next decade, don't get one & it's 13 years with no playoffs.

This is the reason why I would NOT Object to a strategy that has the Bills taking a top QB every year in the first round until they get a Franchise Guy.... ITs kind of outlandish but think about it. IF you dont get the franchise QB, its all for naught. And if you do, it was well worth it. In essence when the Redskins gave away all of those picks for RG3 they were doing just that.