PDA

View Full Version : Bills say they have officially interviewed Whisenhunt.

jamze132
01-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Saw it on Facebook.

If Whisenhunt reads the comments, he's going to lose interest just as we all have.

Mr. Miyagi
01-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Cut and paste some would you please?

Skooby
01-02-2013, 02:45 PM
The guy's team was 500 yards worse than 31st place, no thanks.

jpdex12
01-02-2013, 02:57 PM
I want to upgrade not downgrade! Someone please tell Russ to look under good stones not bad stones when turning them. It's more like the monkey looking for the prize under the coconut halves being shuffled.

RedEyE
01-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Happy he left without a deal.

DynaPaul
01-02-2013, 03:45 PM
I could see if he was a "Rooney Rule" interview but why in the hell are we even talking to this guy?

mjt328
01-02-2013, 04:38 PM
I think we can do better than Whisenhunt.

There are some coaches that drag the talent they have into the ground. (Gailey, Jauron, etc.)
There are some coaches that can only succeed with top NFL talent. (That's Whisenhunt)
There are some coaches that create winners out of trash.

Unlike the Gailey hire, Whisenhunt at least has SOME success at the NFL level. He won a Super Bowl as a coordinator and almost did the same as a head coach.
But as pointed out by others, he doesn't have success outside of Kurt Warner at quarterback.

We need to do everything we can to get that third kind of coach. We HAVE to shoot for the stars on this hire.
I know it won't be easy to find -- and who knows if that kind of coach is even available. But we can't settle for someone like Whisenhunt, unless there are no other options.

Typ0
01-02-2013, 04:42 PM
teams aren't going to win without a QB ... so the fact that Weisenhunt doesn't win without a QB is not a mystery. I don't watch enough cardinal games ... the question i have is does this guy make the boneheaded decisions that lose games for the team like Gailey did?

Generalissimus Gibby
01-02-2013, 04:56 PM
The fact that this was the first guy we even bothered to interview me tells me that this club has no desire to win any time in the near future. I'm done. ****, I haven't watched the Kansas City Royals play since 2006 and I can go on the same self emposed exile with the Bills.

BLeonard
01-02-2013, 05:00 PM
teams aren't going to win without a QB ... so the fact that Weisenhunt doesn't win without a QB is not a mystery. I don't watch enough cardinal games ... the question i have is does this guy make the boneheaded decisions that lose games for the team like Gailey did?

Well, I don't watch Cardinals' games too often, either but here are three things that I do know:

The Cardinals started 4-0 and finshed 5-11. So, over the last 12 games, they went 1-11...
The only win the Cardinals had in the NFC West was Opening Day, beating Seattle 20-16. So, a 1-5 Division Record
Chan Gailey's Buffalo Bills managed to beat Whisenhunt's Cardinals on the road. In his 3 seasons as Bills Head Coach, Gailey won a grand total of FOUR road games.

I dunno about you, but that's pretty much all I need to know.

-Bill

Night Train
01-03-2013, 03:14 AM
He was 4-2 in the Playoffs and was hung out to dry by the Bidwells. Kolb failed and injuries mounted. He's not nearly the disaster many make him out to be, given a QB and some talent. Not saying he's the guy but there are far worse ideas.