PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: USA Today says the Bills are one of the 3 teams Kelly will interview with

X-Era
01-02-2013, 05:24 PM
It's stated as from a source:

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1804873

Ian Rapaport and WGR and merely repeating this

DraftBoy
01-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Not speculation, being picked up by multiple outlets.

X-Era
01-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Not speculation, being picked up by multiple outlets.
I already fixed it

Slim
01-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Land him OBD. Spiller would be insane in a Chip offense.

Blame Canada
01-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Chip is this regime's first choice going into the interview process. There is some familiarity- Chip visited Bills training camp last summer.

The fact that the Bills are getting him to interview is good news for Kelly fans. Going into this they knew they would make an effort but were not sure he was interested because he had been so mum on anything NFL.

Make no mistake that the real reason Whisenhunt and Horton interviewed before Chip is because Chip would not interview before his bowl game (thursday night) and the Bills needed to get started on back up plans.

Unforunately the Bills are not the only team who has Kelly atop their wish list.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Chip is this regime's first choice going into the interview process. There is some familiarity- Chip visited Bills training camp last summer.

The fact that the Bills are getting him to interview is good news for Kelly fans. Going into this they knew they would make an effort but were not sure he was interested because he had been so mum on anything NFL.

Make no mistake that the real reason Whisenhunt and Horton interviewed before Chip is because Chip would not interview before his bowl game (thursday night) and the Bills needed to get started on back up plans.

Unforunately the Bills are not the only team who has Kelly atop their wish list.

whoaaa it's Blame Canada! a REAL insider!!!!! Thanks man.

What are the chances they land Kelly and how about any interest in Cowher, Gruden or Holmgren?

Don't Panic
01-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Great points BC and slim. The league is definitely changing, and having an innovative offensive mind will help keep us at the forefront of those changes. I think Kelly would have an easier time finding a QB than many others, and I am confident he could bring a quality DC in to balance out the staff. I hope we are able to convince him.

zone
01-02-2013, 06:07 PM

Any info on other candidates such as Smith and Reid?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Article says bills, browns, eagles.
philly may be his choice but Foles is the starter now there at qb and is not going to get dumped, and perhaps does not fit a Kelly offense. Browns are crappier then the bills so bills may actually have a chance of these three franchises

Raptor
01-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Thank You Buddy Nix!

Lets be clear, this interview in the interest in this job was no where near this 3 years ago. The major reason why the complete 180 has taken place is due to the overhaul of this roster and the talent added by Nix

big props to him

capitolneal
01-02-2013, 06:25 PM
and the bills qb to fit chips system is?

Slim
01-02-2013, 06:26 PM

Thank you for taking the time to come here and post this. You don't have to do it, but it's MUCH appreciated that you do.

Jeff1220
01-02-2013, 06:29 PM
...or choice 4: he decides to stay at Oregon.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Let's hope the guy wins tomorrow night, he won't want to end his time there with a loss......

madness
01-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Highly unlikely. Boosters want to run him out of Oregon.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Highly unlikely. Boosters want to run him out of Oregon.
Why?

Slim
01-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Why?

Probably because he's been flirting with leaving the program for over a year.

madness
01-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Why?

Not a schmoozer at all and doesn't let boosters get all-access privileges.

"A number of substantial Oregon football boosters, many of whom requested anonymity, expressed a widespread annoyance with Kelly. The coach with the highest winning percentage (45-7, 86.5 percent) among BCS conference coaches is at odds with many of those closest to the Oregon program. Although most would agree Kelly is an extraordinary coach, he doesn't care much for the many other obligations that come with his job."

Another Oregon alum, Jack Roberts, told Locanthi, "Some of the college boosters have gone as far as to say, 'I hope he does leave so we can get somebody who appreciates the fans.' "
An anonymous source told Locanthi the relationship between Kelly and boosters is strained:

"As revolutionary as Chip has been on the field with the no-huddle offense, he's been more revolutionary in how he acts toward social functions."

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-02-2013, 07:18 PM

"A number of substantial Oregon football boosters, many of whom requested anonymity, expressed a widespread annoyance with Kelly. The coach with the highest winning percentage (45-7, 86.5 percent) among BCS conference coaches is at odds with many of those closest to the Oregon program. Although most would agree Kelly is an extraordinary coach, he doesn't care much for the many other obligations that come with his job."

Another Oregon alum, Jack Roberts, told Locanthi, "Some of the college boosters have gone as far as to say, 'I hope he does leave so we can get somebody who appreciates the fans.' "
An anonymous source told Locanthi the relationship between Kelly and boosters is strained:

"As revolutionary as Chip has been on the field with the no-huddle offense, he's been more revolutionary in how he acts toward social functions."

good we don't need another "YES" man and "PLAYERS COACH"

Don't Panic
01-02-2013, 07:33 PM
That has future pro coach written all over it...

BidsJr
01-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Why?

Oregon is about to get hammered with NCAA sanctions. This is why he is a lock for the NFL this year. AFAIC I don't care how he gets players to come to Buffalo as long as he gets similar... outstanding results.

YardRat
01-02-2013, 07:42 PM
I have to admit to being a little bit leery about Kelly jumping through our hoop to the big leagues, most especially if he plans on bringing some or most of his staff from Oregon with him. I don't think any of them have any time spent coaching at the NFL level (especially the coordinators), and that is worrisome to me.

If Gruden can bring with him Marinelli, Kiffin, Jay, etc I'd feel a helluva lot more comfortable moving in that direction.

bills4ver
01-02-2013, 08:49 PM
sorry incarcirated bob said 95% sure done deal with Chip Kelly and Clevland Browns already in place.

There is threads all over about it lol

Tatonka
01-02-2013, 11:41 PM
pretty sure they added Horton and got his interview done so they can get the Rooney rule out of the way and put a legit offer on the table.. has cleveland or philly interviewd a minority candidate yet? if not, are they not required to before they can even offer the guy the job? i would say that puts us a little ahead of the curve.

Mr. Pink
01-03-2013, 12:30 AM
pretty sure they added Horton and got his interview done so they can get the Rooney rule out of the way and put a legit offer on the table.. has cleveland or philly interviewd a minority candidate yet? if not, are they not required to before they can even offer the guy the job? i would say that puts us a little ahead of the curve.

Cleveland interviewed Horton on Tuesday. There are supposed to make a HEAVY push to get Kelly, interview with him is scheduled for Friday.

http://blog.cleveland.com/browns_impact/print.html?entry=/2013/01/cleveland_browns_interview_wit.html

X-Era
01-03-2013, 05:19 AM

"As revolutionary as Chip has been on the field with the no-huddle offense, he's been more revolutionary in how he acts toward social functions."So he will go head to head with the clowns at WGR and Jerry Sullivan and then be pestered by criticisms and nasty comments every day for the next 3 years? That ought to sour the fan base quick on him.

I'm on the fence on Kelly.