X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

20 years ago today

was the greatest comeback game; what were you guys doing? I was an 11 year old kid recovering from an appendectomy in the hospital. I had tickets to the game and had to get them sold due to my operation. At the time, i thought it was our destiny to go to the superbowl every year until we won. God I miss those days.

Share your favorite memories from January 3, 1993. Quite possibly my greatest Bills memory of all time.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: 20 years ago today

One of the best days of my life. I was very lucky to attend every home playoff game during the SB years, this being the favorite of that great run. I consider it to be me and my day's greatest moment together and the reason I still have so much hope left in the tank. Anyone who was there has to still Billieve... it may not have been for the whole bag of donuts, but you couldn't have convinced us of that fact on that day. Thank God we have that memory to reflect back on.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

Game was blacked out but I could pick it up from a snowey Syracuse channel and was able to watch it. I'd about given up when the magic started. Listened to replays of van miller for days after. Made me cry every time lol!
      Last edited by THE END OF ALL DAYS; 01-03-2013, 05:42 AM.
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

yea. it was blacked out where I lived at the time too (rochester) and listened to it on the hospital bed.
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

I went to the game & recorded it at home. When I hit the toll booth in Albany I handed the guy the ticket & said "We were just at the greatest game in NFL history". Then I invited my friend who drove out with me to watch the tape of the game so we could see what the announcers were saying. The following week I ended up making a bunch of copies for people who couldn't watch it, then I sent it to a friend in Buffalo who gave it to the AV guys at the school he taught at to make copies for anyone who wanted one. I still have the tape, which I was fortunate enough to have extended the recording time so that I got the post game interviews with OJ. I programed it to record ESPN, but because the tape wasn't a full 6 hours, it cuts off right after Chris Berman says "It's over, it's over for Houston" and I don't have the ESPN NFL Live, or whatever they called it then, comeback part, only the stuff that leads up to it.

The best part of the NBC broadcast is at halftime when they're interviewing Bill Cowher & he's talking about playing Houston the next week. Instead the Bills went to Pittsburgh & kicked their ass.
          Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 01-03-2013, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

I was one of the 70,000+ or so that was actually there, unlike the 2-million who claim to have been.
            And yes they were climbing over the fence to re-enter the stadium until security finally gave in and re-opened the gates.

Comment

• k-oneputt
              • Jun 2009

Was at Pitt the following week.
              That was Frank Reich throwing td's to Beebe over a d-back who got crucified by their fans, Sammy Walker I think his name was.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

stood in my bedroom as a 14/15 year old kid. the second kenny davis scored, i stodd still. and remained in that position for the rest of the game. i remember reaching for some pens on my desk to keep the outline of where my feet were to go run back to my dad and tell him that they were making a comeback. at first he couldn't believe it.

in some ways, i love that i didn't see it. van miller and the crowd noise added so much as you listened to each play knowing that they were going to win after the onside recovery.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  H to the 12:20
                  • Jul 2002

I was there. I still rank it #2 behind being at the AFC Championship game/beatdown vs. Oakland for to go to SB25. With the Bills sucking so bad the past 10-15 years, it actually irritates me when BB.com, etc celebrates the anniversary of this game each year.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
                    I was there. I still rank it #2 behind being at the AFC Championship game/beatdown vs. Oakland for to go to SB25. With the Bills sucking so bad the past 10-15 years, it actually irritates me when BB.com, etc celebrates the anniversary of this game each year.
                    I agree. As great as the comeback was, nothing could compare to the Raider game since it was the first and we knew we were going to the SB. We were actually losing 3-0 in that game too.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

I was an 8 year old quickly becoming a huge Bills fan, and this game helped cement it.

Comment

• blackonyx89
                        HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                        • Mar 2005

I was with my family and half of them were rooting for the Bills and the other half was hating, one of my brothers was taling MAJOR SMACK and said the Bills were going to lose and choke big time and I said, "This ain't over!" When they come back , my brother was stunned and I rubbed it in BIG TIME! Great memories, no doubt and I wish we had player like that now on this team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ZeMhN7JIIvg#!
                        Last edited by blackonyx89; 01-03-2013, 11:00 AM.
                        Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• fasteddie
                          • Mar 2006

Unfortunately, we had an ice storm that morning in the Souther Tier. It took 1 hour to drive what would have been a 15 min. drive. After seeing about a dozen cars in the highway median, we decided to turn back. We got home in another 1 1/2 hrs. After watching the first half of the game on TV, I got into the shower and missed the first TD the Bills scored in the second half. But we saw the rest of the game jumping up and down in the living room (I was a lot younger then).
                          Strangest day ever!

Ed

Comment

• Zero
                            Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                            • Oct 2004

What a great day. I was 16 years old at the time, I was supposed to be completing a research paper that was due the next day instead of watching the game. I woke up late and game had already started, and I believe the Bills were up 3-0 initially. I actually turned the game off when Houston scored to make it 35-3 to open the 3Q. Tuned back in out of curiosity to see the Bills make the score 35-17.

The rest is history. One of the most surreal days of my life...

Comment

• Don't Panic
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post

The best part of the NBC broadcast is at halftime when they're interviewing Bill Cowher & he's talking about playing Houston the next week. Instead the Bills went to Pittsburgh & kicked their ass.
                              Did not know that...that makes it even sweeter!

Comment

Working...
                              X