X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Due Diligence

From the reports I've read here and elsewhere, thus far we've either interviewed or are scheduled to interview:

Lovie Smith
    Ken Wisenhunt
    Ray Horton
    Mike McCoy
    Chip Kelly
    Jim Haslett (?)
    Doug Marrone (?)

That's two former NFL head coaches with recent experience (Smith & Wisenhunt), one former NFL coach that hasn't coached in a while (Haslett), one former NFL defensive coordinator (Horton), one current NFL offensive coordinator (McCoy), and two college head coaches (Kelly and Marrone).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Brandon and Nix are doing a comprehensive job this time around. The interviewees represent a broad range of experiences and expertise. And with the exception of Marrone and Haslett, I think the rest are the guys that most everyone agrees should at least be interviewed (if not necessarily hired).

I'm going to feel better about the eventual decision knowing that the search is a well designed and comprehensive one. Much more so than the last time around, which kinda felt like we took a shot at two prom queens that wouldn't give us the time of day (Shanny and Cowher), and when that didn't work out Nix just said 'oh well, I know a guy we can get.'

Interested to see how this pans out.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?
  • TrEd FTW
    • Sep 2008

Re: Due Diligence

They don't have any interest in Haslett according to WGR.

Comment

• DynaPaul
      • Sep 2003

Yeah this time we won't have Ralph saying something stupid like "I didn't know him"

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I saw somewhere that there was an alleged interest in Haslet, but no interview scheduled. If no interview has been scheduled, there's probably no interest.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by TrEd FTW View Post
          They don't have any interest in Haslett according to WGR.
          Thats good to hear. I was going off this early report, which must have been just a rumor:

Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• GingerP
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
            I saw somewhere that there was an alleged interest in Haslet, but no interview scheduled. If no interview has been scheduled, there's probably no interest.
            He can't interview until after Washington is done in the playoffs. Coaches for teams on the bye can interview by rule, but teams playing this week need permission of the team. Shanahan is not allowing anyone to interview, even his own son.

Comment

Working...
            X