PDA

View Full Version : LaCanfora: Bills interest in Kelly not mutual

kingJofNYC
01-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports is reporting that Oregon head coach Chip Kelly has narrowed his NFL wish list down to two teams - the Eagles and Browns.
Earlier reports suggested Kelly was also garnering interest from the Bills, but it appears that interest is not mutual. According to LaCanfora, there still remains the possibility that Kelly remains at Oregon, where he has compiled a 45-7 record in four years as head coach. If the Eagles meet with Kelly, it will likely be after Thursday night’s Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix, where Kelly’s Ducks will play Kansas State.

Looks like a long shot if you believe that blowhard.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Well that sucks

X-Era
01-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Wasn't LaCanfora the one claiming Mario left without a contract too?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/report-mario-williams-leaving-buffalo-without-signing-will-visit-others/

madness
01-03-2013, 07:01 PM
This was from this morning...then Schefter broke we had the first interview with him on Friday. Remember, LaCanfora said last year that Mario didn't like Buffalo and left to go sign a deal with Chicago.

Skooby
Where's Mario now LaCan ?? Did he leave Buffalo yet ??

Buddo
TBH, I'm not that bothered.
While reports are that his practice habits are excellent, whoever he does sign with, is taking a huge risk. It'll be one of those where it either works really well, or blows up completely, and he'll be back off to college ball with his tail between his legs within two years. No NFL experience, at all, makes me very nervous.

madness
Wasn't LaCanfora the one claiming Mario left without a contract too?
:hi5:

Wolffman
Not sure why he would interview at all if interest was not mutual.

Moving on.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-03-2013, 07:02 PM
i dont trust anything...

but i would be real happy with lovie and a real oc/qb

Ingtar33
01-03-2013, 07:04 PM
considering the Bills are scheduled for the first interview, that's all that matters.

Remember that. It doesn't matter what his first choice is tonight. The bills get first crack at him.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Time for me to let go of this, I'm taking it way to personal. Ef them all.

Mr. Miyagi
01-03-2013, 07:39 PM
My feelings wouldn't be too hurt if true. I have a feeling he's more like a Steve Spurrier.

HAMMER
01-03-2013, 07:40 PM
The Buffalo Bills get NO RESPECT, NONE. Constantly derided, mocked, and scoffed at by other fans, analysts, and NFL personnel. Not many want to come play here, not many want to come coach here, unless it's a last resort.
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/359911-report-bills-show-early-interest-in-alex-smith?sct=uk_t2_a13&eref=fromSI

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-03-2013, 07:54 PM
The Buffalo Bills get NO RESPECT, NONE. Constantly derided, mocked, and scoffed at by other fans, analysts, and NFL personnel. Not many want to come play here, not many want to come coach here, unless it's a last resort.
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/359911-report-bills-show-early-interest-in-alex-smith?sct=uk_t2_a13&eref=fromSI

Its not totally undeserved. We have been irrelevant for well over a decade. When we start winning, we will have anything we want. But not until then

imbondz
01-03-2013, 07:55 PM

but we've earned that

Jeff1220
01-03-2013, 08:04 PM

I love how they use a pic of Alex Smith that looks like he's about to puke. Typical media.

ServoBillieves
01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Quinton Groves said what?

BillsFever21
01-03-2013, 08:33 PM
TBH, I'm not that bothered.
While reports are that his practice habits are excellent, whoever he does sign with, is taking a huge risk. It'll be one of those where it either works really well, or blows up completely, and he'll be back off to college ball with his tail between his legs within two years. No NFL experience, at all, makes me very nervous.

I'd rather take a chance on a hit or miss type of coach rather then hiring somebody again like Jauron or Gailey who had already proven they were worthless.

IAG
01-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Kelly has no chance in the NFL.

Downinfloflo
01-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Where's Mario now LaCan ?? Did he leave Buffalo yet ??

Well,He never did show up in buffalo this season.

RedEyE
01-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Watching this game tonight I'm not too sure this style offense can translate into the NFL. I love the quick score ability, but in the NFL you really need to stay in control of the clock. And while I'm OK withe two point conversion on TD 1, the fake punt and 4th down tricks are not conservative enough for me. And he doesn't have any pro experience. Too many "if's". Changing my tune on Kelly.

Though, I think he would do magical things with Spiller.

Thundering Buffalo
01-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Nix won't let him out of the room until he signs

Skooby
01-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Nix won't let him out of the room until he signs

A little southern charm (gun in hand)?

madness
01-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Watching this game tonight I'm not too sure this style offense can translate into the NFL. I love the quick score ability, but in the NFL you really need to stay in control of the clock. And while I'm OK withe two point conversion on TD 1, the fake punt and 4th down tricks are not conservative enough for me. And he doesn't have any pro experience. Too many "if's". Changing my tune on Kelly.

It's already in the NFL. See NE.

JoeMama
01-03-2013, 09:41 PM
I get why coaches might spurn our attempts to recruit them.

If Chip Kelly prefers the Eagles, fine, I get that.

But why is Cleveland any more desirable than Buffalo?

That place is a dump and their football team sucks equally as bad.

IAG
01-03-2013, 09:51 PM

LOL. You think the Pats offense is like the Pats...ok. Oregon's QB could not hit a cow in the ass with the banjo.

I will keep saying this: who is your QB?

RedEyE
01-03-2013, 10:37 PM
BS. How much run option do you see Brady using?

mikemac2001
01-03-2013, 10:51 PM

in madden this year he does a ton

Ingtar33
01-03-2013, 10:58 PM

there is no such thing as a chip kelly style. Watch that man's teams from season to season. His offense evolves with the talent availible.

about the only consistency between them all is he does anything he can to build a good running team, and a team that rolls up a boatload of points.

madness
01-03-2013, 11:07 PM
My bad, I thought you were talking about the up-tempo offense you were originally referring to which won't translate into the NFL.

"Although college coaches have had mixed results in the league, conditions are as favorable as at any time to make the jump. The Washington Redskins, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers all have enjoyed success this season borrowing on elements from the up-tempo college game.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick has met with Kelly and incorporated the Ducks' rapid pace into their offense run by Tom Brady. New England not only leads the NFL in points and total yards, but plays. The Patriots ran an average of 74.4 plays per game in the regular season. By comparison, the Browns ran 62.3.

New England has eliminated lots of verbiage from its play calls, according to the Boston Globe, allowing them to run plays more quickly when they want to push the pace. Belichick learned how from Kelly.

While many focus on the zone-read component, the genius of Kelly's offense, some analysts said, is the frenetic pace. The Ducks averaged 82.4 plays per game. The Patriots don't run a fast-break spread throughout the game the way Oregon does."

coastal
01-06-2013, 08:22 AM
We interviewed him.

At least were relevant.

Ingtar33
01-06-2013, 09:55 AM
We interviewed him.

At least were relevant.

that is a step up... it was my understanding nix needed his sleep... that he was awake long enough to interview him... no, to fly out to Arizona and interview him is a step in the right direction.