PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Still The Wildcard In This Coaching Search

Night Train
01-04-2013, 05:06 AM
Whisenhunt could be the favorite and local news reports the bridge is full of jumpers, still..

What's keeping Brandon from offering Chip Kelly a monster deal today ? Last years contract to Mario Williams put the $$ issue to rest and it's Brandons neck hanging out there. He has to market this team to the public and isn't dense to perception. Chip Kellys agent has just lined up people to talk to and has said nothing.

Maybe Marrone and McCoy are also serious candidates and Whisenhunt and Lovie are fallback options. Who really knows ? The answer is no one outside of Brandon.

We'll know in a few days.. but one thing is certain. These media reporters are just making educated guesses and have nothing to go on. Any of us could have put the "Whaley & Whisenhunt worked together in Pittsburgh " connection together.

Could care less what any of these " Insiders " say. Their job is to have you lemmings hang on every idea they have. It's called job security.

YardRat
01-04-2013, 05:27 AM
The 'favorite' could also still be somebody they haven't interviewed yet, or have and leaked zero info about the meeting or candidate.

Not a fan of Kelly unless he plans on loading his staff with NFL experience and doesn't bring his Oregon staff with him.

Saratoga Slim
01-04-2013, 08:05 AM
The 'favorite' could also still be somebody they haven't interviewed yet, or have and leaked zero info about the meeting or candidate.

Not a fan of Kelly unless he plans on loading his staff with NFL experience and doesn't bring his Oregon staff with him.

Kelly would make me nervous too. High risk, high reward. Everyone looks at what Harbaugh has done after coming from Stanford, but that's a guy who knows the NFL inside and out. Seems like the kind of move that could blow up and set us back again. But then again, the ceiling might be higher than it would be for someone like Wisenhunt.

I think my current favorite plan would be Lovie Smith, so long as he arrives with a credible OC (Hue Jackson?).

X-Era
01-04-2013, 08:14 AM

I think there is at least one if not more stealth candidates.

Hell, Gailey was a stealth hire. We did not hear his name until he was pretty much hired.

Night Train
01-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Kelly would make me nervous too. High risk, high reward.

Fantastic ! I would enjoy the ride either way and the national media frenzy around him would be awesome. I'd want to attend the games again, if he's the choice.

I'm so sick of following the most BORING team in professional sports. He could change that instantly.

Crisis
01-04-2013, 08:37 AM
CJ Spiller in a Chip Kelly offense alone would be worth the price of admission.

trapezeus
01-04-2013, 08:39 AM
i'd take wisenhunt as an OC and lovie as a DC. get us a figurehead coach who just has to keep the team focused and be a strategist. that's going to be wildly expensive but in the end easier to manage.

Guy like gruden and cowher could maybe be brought back knowing that success could be very fast, a SB even in 3 years and then they ride into the sunset doing what no coach has ever done before. "win a sb with two teams." and then the bills have the choice on promoting 1 of 2 guys who really seem to have their stuff together.

Complete pipedream, but if i was brandon and i made the speech he made, this is something i would be considering than trying to simply hit a homerun with chip.