PDA

View Full Version : Marrone to interview today

Bone
01-04-2013, 01:03 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/01/04/report-marrone-to-interview-wbills-today/

I would take him over whiz.

zone
01-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Does Nassib come with that package?

TigerJ
01-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Marrone would, of course, know Nassib better than any scout/GM could. If he likes him well enough, he could make it known in the interview process that he thinks it's essential that the Bills make a play for him in the draft. Depending on what Nix/Brandon think about that, it could be a factor in the Bills deciding to hire him or not.

The King
01-04-2013, 02:18 PM
I certainly like him better than Kelly.

Bmax
01-04-2013, 02:34 PM
I don't need to take a Whiz...I like Marrone knows NFL ..worked with Parcells and Payton...

Saratoga Slim
01-04-2013, 02:35 PM
He's got some NFL experience and college HC I guess.

Still not quite sure about it though, has been a step up from Robinson and gotten fairly good results out of a limited talent pool at Syracuse, but you'd like to see more to have him considered as a true NFL level talent. And anyway, this conflicts with the earlier WSYR report that Marrone was staying at Syracuse and not available to the Browns.

SABURZFAN
01-04-2013, 03:08 PM
i'd love to see the Bills get this guy.

Bulldog
01-04-2013, 03:10 PM
I have a feeling it's going to be Marrone. I think he'll blow them away in his interview. The stories I've heard about how prepared he was going into his Syracuse interview are freakin crazy. I'm a big Syracuse fan and I think that unless you really follow that program closely, you have no idea how impressive what Marrone has done there in four short years really is. That once proud program was a laughing stock when he inherited it from Greg Robinson (former Bronco's defensive coordinator). I could go on and on about the respect I have for him, and while the hire may not be the sexy hire that people here are clamouring for, I think the Bills would be very fortunate to have him.

X-Era
01-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Prior NFL experience.

But, he took a crappy Syracuse team and made them mediocre?

That's why he's going to be a good NFL HC?

Sorry, that's not enough for me.

SABURZFAN
01-04-2013, 03:25 PM
I have a feeling it's going to be Marrone. I think he'll blow them away in his interview. The stories I've heard about how prepared he was going into his Syracuse interview are freakin crazy. I'm a big Syracuse fan and I think that unless you really follow that program closely, you have no idea how impressive what Marrone has done there in four short years really is. That once proud program was a laughing stock when he inherited it from Greg Robinson (former Bronco's defensive coordinator). I could go on and on about the respect I have for him, and while the hire may not be the sexy hire that people here are clamouring for, I think the Bills would be very fortunate to have him.

you hit the nail on the head as to why i'd like to see the Bills get Marrone. i'm not a Syracuse fan but i'm impressed on how he turned that program around. college and the pros are two totally different animals but I think this guys football knowledge is greater than most people know. I think he's severely underrated.

X-Era
01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
you hit the nail on the head as to why i'd like to see the Bills get Marrone. i'm not a Syracuse fan but i'm impressed on how he turned that program around. college and the pros are two totally different animals but I think this guys football knowledge is greater than most people know. I think he's severely underrated.I don't think he turned them around... I think he's part way through the turn.

I mean they were 8 and 5 and unranked.

SABURZFAN
01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Prior NFL experience.

But, he took a crappy Syracuse team and made them mediocre?

That's why he's going to be a good NFL HC?

Sorry, that's not enough for me.

if the Bills do get him and turn them around, you can change your name to Marrone-Era.... oh wait... you better not. you're a black cat when it comes to doing that.

X-Era
01-04-2013, 03:30 PM
if the Bills do get him and turn them around, you can change your name to Marrone-Era.... oh wait... you better not. you're a black cat when it comes to doing that.
That's reserved for the savior we eventually get at QB

SABURZFAN
01-04-2013, 03:31 PM
I don't think he turned them around... I think he's part way through the turn.

he got them on the right track. that's more than I can say for this organization for the last 13 years.

- - - Updated - - -

That's reserved for the savior we eventually get at QB

I know. just messing with you. :biggrin:

Wolffman
01-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Marrone has done a good job at Cuse and I would be happy for him to be our next HC.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think he turned them around... I think he's part way through the turn.

Syracuse winning 8 games is like us making the playoffs. A big deal.

X-Era
01-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Marrone has done a good job at Cuse and I would be happy for him to be our next HC.

- - - Updated - - -

Syracuse winning 8 games is like us making the playoffs. A big deal.Have we really sunk this far?

SABURZFAN
01-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Have we really sunk this far?

13 years with no playoffs... you tell me.

Wolffman
01-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Have we really sunk this far?

What are you getting at?

SeatownBillsFan21
01-04-2013, 05:21 PM
This is more our style IMO don't know enough about him to have a strong option either way. But if we go with a collage guy this makes more sense than Chip would have money wise. Lets face it Kelly will be the high test paid HC in the NFL and seeing how were still on the hook for chans contract that's too much money for this team to put up for a HC.

The last buffalo fan
01-04-2013, 05:26 PM
13 years with no playoffs... you tell me.

:10:

YardRat
01-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Interesting, and I didn't know this...Nathaniel Hackett, the Orange's OC for the last two years (and QB coach one season prior) was an Offensive Quality Control Coach for the Bills in '08 and '09.

YardRat
01-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Gary Gibbs worked with Marrone in New Orleans as DC, and he just lost his LBer position with the Chiefs.

YardRat
01-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Scott Schafer, the current DC at 'Cuse, has ZERO NFL experience but has been a DC in NCAA for 16 seasons.

Bulldog
01-06-2013, 07:58 AM

Yep. Love it!