• Oct 2003

Re: Marrone to interview today

Does Nassib come with that package?
    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Marrone would, of course, know Nassib better than any scout/GM could. If he likes him well enough, he could make it known in the interview process that he thinks it's essential that the Bills make a play for him in the draft. Depending on what Nix/Brandon think about that, it could be a factor in the Bills deciding to hire him or not.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

I certainly like him better than Kelly.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Bmax
          • Aug 2003

I don't need to take a Whiz...I like Marrone knows NFL ..worked with Parcells and Payton...

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

He's got some NFL experience and college HC I guess.

Still not quite sure about it though, has been a step up from Robinson and gotten fairly good results out of a limited talent pool at Syracuse, but you'd like to see more to have him considered as a true NFL level talent. And anyway, this conflicts with the earlier WSYR report that Marrone was staying at Syracuse and not available to the Browns.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

i'd love to see the Bills get this guy.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Bulldog
                Top Dog
                • Jan 2003

I have a feeling it's going to be Marrone. I think he'll blow them away in his interview. The stories I've heard about how prepared he was going into his Syracuse interview are freakin crazy. I'm a big Syracuse fan and I think that unless you really follow that program closely, you have no idea how impressive what Marrone has done there in four short years really is. That once proud program was a laughing stock when he inherited it from Greg Robinson (former Bronco's defensive coordinator). I could go on and on about the respect I have for him, and while the hire may not be the sexy hire that people here are clamouring for, I think the Bills would be very fortunate to have him.
                I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Prior NFL experience.

But, he took a crappy Syracuse team and made them mediocre?

That's why he's going to be a good NFL HC?

Sorry, that's not enough for me.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
                    I have a feeling it's going to be Marrone. I think he'll blow them away in his interview. The stories I've heard about how prepared he was going into his Syracuse interview are freakin crazy. I'm a big Syracuse fan and I think that unless you really follow that program closely, you have no idea how impressive what Marrone has done there in four short years really is. That once proud program was a laughing stock when he inherited it from Greg Robinson (former Bronco's defensive coordinator). I could go on and on about the respect I have for him, and while the hire may not be the sexy hire that people here are clamouring for, I think the Bills would be very fortunate to have him.

you hit the nail on the head as to why i'd like to see the Bills get Marrone. i'm not a Syracuse fan but i'm impressed on how he turned that program around. college and the pros are two totally different animals but I think this guys football knowledge is greater than most people know. I think he's severely underrated.
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN View Post
                      you hit the nail on the head as to why i'd like to see the Bills get Marrone. i'm not a Syracuse fan but i'm impressed on how he turned that program around. college and the pros are two totally different animals but I think this guys football knowledge is greater than most people know. I think he's severely underrated.
                      I don't think he turned them around... I think he's part way through the turn.

I mean they were 8 and 5 and unranked.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                        Prior NFL experience.

But, he took a crappy Syracuse team and made them mediocre?

That's why he's going to be a good NFL HC?

Sorry, that's not enough for me.

if the Bills do get him and turn them around, you can change your name to Marrone-Era.... oh wait... you better not. you're a black cat when it comes to doing that.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN View Post
                          if the Bills do get him and turn them around, you can change your name to Marrone-Era.... oh wait... you better not. you're a black cat when it comes to doing that.
                          That's reserved for the savior we eventually get at QB

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

he got them on the right track. that's more than I can say for this organization for the last 13 years.

- - - Updated - - -

That's reserved for the savior we eventually get at QB
                            I know. just messing with you.

Comment

• Wolffman
                              • Jul 2004

Marrone has done a good job at Cuse and I would be happy for him to be our next HC.

- - - Updated - - -

Syracuse winning 8 games is like us making the playoffs. A big deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X