PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey might be next.

The King
01-04-2013, 03:10 PM
His assistants were just given permission to look for other jobs.

Mr. Pink
01-04-2013, 03:11 PM
I'd assume he'll be gone because he doesn't want to work with Tebow and the Jags owner LOVES Tebow.

That combined with the fact the Jags sucked this past season.

SquishDaFish
01-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Come back as Coordinator maybe??

trapezeus
01-04-2013, 03:14 PM
was the jags owner the owner when they selected mularkey? I think he was. so i still think mularkey gets some time.

that team is so woefully undertalented right now. i can't imagine anyone aside from the cheating belichick to get more than 6 wins out of that squad.

The King
01-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Come back as Coordinator maybe??
You'd have to think he'd be wanted.

RedEyE
01-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Mularkey is a ****ty coordinator too. Not sure how this guy is still in the NFL.

Skooby
01-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Pass.

Albany,n.y.
01-04-2013, 03:56 PM
was the jags owner the owner when they selected mularkey? I think he was. so i still think mularkey gets some time.

that team is so woefully undertalented right now. i can't imagine anyone aside from the cheating belichick to get more than 6 wins out of that squad.
It depends on who gets the GM job. If the GM has a coach who he wants, Mularkey is gone. If not, he may stay.

Jaydog57
01-04-2013, 04:14 PM

that team is so woefully undertalented right now. i can't imagine anyone aside from the cheating belichick to get more than 6 wins out of that squad.Yeah, Weaver was still the owner of the Jags when he let Del Rio go in 2011. The DC was the interim coach for the rest of the year. Mularkey was hired in early 2012 after Khan bought the team.

DynaPaul
01-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Fired again.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-04-2013, 06:53 PM
He quit last time, not fired.

ServoBillieves
01-04-2013, 07:02 PM
I understand the gist of this thread, that Mularkey might be the new one to go, but he's not saying he'd head to Buffalo.

If he was implying that, then there would be much laughter to spread around. Even as a Coordinator I would flip on this organization if hired.

IAG
01-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Mike Mularkey could not have two worse owners in his head coaching career. He will be able to right an awesome tell all book later in life.

The King
01-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Sounds like the new GM is decided on Mularkey... he's out.

justasportsfan
01-09-2013, 01:45 PM
I'd assume he'll be gone because he doesn't want to work with Tebow and the Jags owner LOVES Tebow.

That combined with the fact the Jags sucked this past season.

If the browns make Tresman their coach, Tebow might be in Cleveland. :D

Mr. Pink
01-09-2013, 01:49 PM
If the browns make Tresman their coach, Tebow might be in Cleveland. :D

That's harsh!

You take that back!

RedEyE
01-09-2013, 01:52 PM
What took so damn long?

Steelers (OC)= Playoffs 3 out of 4 years no Super Bowls
Bills (HC)= spineless resignation
Dolphins (OC, TE)= demoted then fired
Falcons (OC)= despite making some things happen with the Falcons offense (playoffs 2 out of 3 years), his play calling has been scrutinized for several key games that ended seasons for Atlanta
Jacksonville (HC)= fired

Hopefully this officially ends his HC tenure in the NFL.

justasportsfan
01-09-2013, 01:59 PM
That's harsh!

You take that back!

he did think highly of Tebow especially after training him before the draft :D .

oooh! Te-ebow!

Jeff1220
01-09-2013, 02:01 PM
What is it about Mularkey that makes owners/GMs so indecisive about firing him/forcing him out?

justasportsfan
01-09-2013, 02:03 PM
What is it about Mularkey that makes owners/GMs so indecisive about firing him/forcing him out?

he feeds them cheeseburgers

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Ouch. Sorry to hear about Mularkey. One year and out is a bit harsh.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2013, 02:18 PM
I don't read anything definite yet...

trapezeus
01-09-2013, 02:19 PM
the jags are the 2009 bills. zero talent, zero direction. i can't imagine who would want to try this when there are a bunch of other spots.

luckily there are no jag fans out there. if this happened ot the bills can you imagine how angry we'd be.

we have the worst record, everyone else fires and interviews coaches, a lot make hires, and then we decide to fire the coach and have to pick from the remainder which may mean someone like wisenhunt (a dude who hasn't developed his own QB).

Looks like the jags will be picking first again next year.

Albany,n.y.
01-10-2013, 10:15 AM
I feel sorry for the guy. He came into situations that would doom any coach. 1st he comes to Buffalo and after a year of Bledsoe, they hand him JP Losman. He sees how bad Losman is & his only option is to bench him & play Kelly Holcomb because the veterans don't want anything to do with JP. Then the GM who hired him gets fired, Marv comes in & Mularkey is smart enough to realize all Marv wants to do is fire him in the middle of the next season & name himself interim coach-so he has little choice but to quit.
Then he gets hired by Jacksonville & is told to make an NFL QB out of Blaine friggin' Gabbert. By the end of camp, I imagine JP Losman is looking pretty good compared to what he's got in Gabbert. Now there's no Kelly Holcomb, all he's got is Chad Henne. Then his GM gets fired again & the owner is in love with Tim Tebow. Getting fired must be a relief at this point.
At this point Mularkey can go into consulting coaches on what situation you never want to take a HC job-When you have a recent 1st round QB bust that management wants you to win with. Even Lombardi couldn't have won in the 2 situations Mularkey chose to get himself into.

The King
01-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Officially dismissed.

CleveSteve
01-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Think it's because he told the owner he wouldn't start Tebow?

better days
01-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Think it's because he told the owner he wouldn't start Tebow?

Sure, 2-14 had nothing to do with it.

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2013, 11:49 AM
I say Trestman to Jags and bring in Tebow.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-10-2013, 12:02 PM
I feel sorry for the guy. He came into situations that would doom any coach. 1st he comes to Buffalo and after a year of Bledsoe, they hand him JP Losman. He sees how bad Losman is & his only option is to bench him & play Kelly Holcomb because the veterans don't want anything to do with JP. Then the GM who hired him gets fired, Marv comes in & Mularkey is smart enough to realize all Marv wants to do is fire him in the middle of the next season & name himself interim coach-so he has little choice but to quit.
Then he gets hired by Jacksonville & is told to make an NFL QB out of Blaine friggin' Gabbert. By the end of camp, I imagine JP Losman is looking pretty good compared to what he's got in Gabbert. Now there's no Kelly Holcomb, all he's got is Chad Henne. Then his GM gets fired again & the owner is in love with Tim Tebow. Getting fired must be a relief at this point.
At this point Mularkey can go into consulting coaches on what situation you never want to take a HC job-When you have a recent 1st round QB bust that management wants you to win with. Even Lombardi couldn't have won in the 2 situations Mularkey chose to get himself into.

How many guys in his position with the Bills would wait until Marv fire him so he gets to collect his $3m paycheck? I was told Marlarkey discussed with his family and decided to quit so he has a chance to hook on as an assistent coach immediately without losing out a year or so on the sideline. I think he becomes the TE coach for the Dolphins making peanuts.

The King
01-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Sure, 2-14 had nothing to do with it.
I dont think he gets any blame for that. He didnt pick Gabbert, Jones Drew held out and got hurt. The team has zero talent beyond MJD.

better days
01-10-2013, 12:42 PM
I dont think he gets any blame for that. He didnt pick Gabbert, Jones Drew held out and got hurt. The team has zero talent beyond MJD.

Great, with that kind of thinking Chan should get no blame either. LOL. You play the hand you are dealt. No question in my mind, a BETTER Coach would have won more than 2 games with that team.