Bangarang
01-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Meh is all I have to say.

T-Long
01-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Make it happen...I would love it

wmoz11
01-05-2013, 01:45 PM
I would love it. We have the piece on D to be really good with the right guy leading it.

casdhf
01-05-2013, 01:47 PM
It would all depend on who his offensive assistants are.

mikemac2001
01-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Lovie brings in chan as OC

ParanoidAndroid
01-05-2013, 01:52 PM
He's going to be screaming for linebackers in the draft.

Night Train
01-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Thud

T-Long
01-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Bring him in, bring Urlacher with him, bring Marinelli with him, then go out and get the best OC he can find

Night Train
01-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Bring him in, bring Urlacher with him, bring Marinelli with him, then go out and get the best OC he can find
Welcome Mike Tice !

Bone
01-05-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm down for it. Are defense would be awesome

ublinkwescore
01-05-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm pretty sure they are telling him to get on the phone with hue Jackson or Norv turner.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-05-2013, 02:08 PM
This would be a great development.

Slim
01-05-2013, 02:11 PM
If he brought over a good OC I could get on board with this.

Slim
01-05-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm pretty sure they are telling him to get on the phone with hue Jackson or Norv turner.

Lovie does have a friendship with Hue Jackson. I would LOVE this.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Better then wizzzinyereye...errr...wizenhunt....errr...who's that loser from AZ?

Saratoga Slim
01-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Have said this in other threads, but as long as he comes packing a good OC, he's my number one choice among the realistic options. Hue Jackson, Norv, etc at OC would make this an exciting hire.

Mr. Pink
01-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Better then wizzzinyereye...errr...wizenhunt....errr...who's that loser from AZ?

Unfortunately the regime won't be much different than Jauron for those who hated him though.

But I agree, he's a better choice than the Whizenator.

kingJofNYC
01-05-2013, 02:55 PM
We actually don't have the pieces to run his D, some of them are there, but let me know when we get LBs like Urlacher and Briggs, they're huge pieces. We need a LB with range, ala Lavonte David or maybe Arthur Brown this year.

I do like what this means for a guy like Dareus, that sloppy ****ing technique won't fly with Marinelli around.

Biggest problem is that Lovie's hired morons to run his O, anyone's guess on whether that changes going forward.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately the regime won't be much different than Jauron for those who hated him though.

But I agree, he's a better choice than the Whizenator.

except, lovie has had much greater success, and buddy/whaley are picking the talent, not levy/jaroun.

their d in 05 was historic...

everywhere hes been the d has been awesome, not just good.

RedEyE
01-05-2013, 03:01 PM
I call BS on King. If Smith is their top choice and Smith has expressed the Bills being his, why isn't a deal done? Why does he walk from the interview without signing contract?

I believe the Bills are really after Chip Kelly and Smith is their fall back in the event they can't secure Kelly. Call it a hunch.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Well the bills are not remotely getting Kelly so there you have it

RedEyE
01-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Well the bills are not remotely getting Kelly so there you have it
Right...but if the deal isn't done with Lovie then there is at least a chance Kelly does sign. In the end he's a Brown but the Bills are holding out hope.

ServoBillieves
01-05-2013, 04:04 PM
I call BS on King. If Smith is their top choice and Smith has expressed the Bills being his, why isn't a deal done? Why does he walk from the interview without signing contract?

I believe the Bills are really after Chip Kelly and Smith is their fall back in the event they can't secure Kelly. Call it a hunch.

Maybe they haven't fulfilled the Rooney Rule and need to interview a minority coach.

justasportsfan
01-05-2013, 04:17 PM

it took KC a couple of days to finalize Reids contract without having interviewed anyone else. The bills interviewed quite a few coaches. It takes time. Bet Nix, Whaley and co. still have to sit down and finalize their decision.

DBrown77
01-05-2013, 04:34 PM
People need to give up on chip Kelly. He isn't coming here, guaranteed.

Mahdi
01-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Awesome!

Like others said get Marinelli, urlacher but I would also want Henry Melton.

tatersalad
01-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Welcome back Tampa 2..... I'm not to keen on that d

Bangarang
01-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Maybe they haven't fulfilled the Rooney Rule and need to interview a minority coach.

We already fulfilled the Rooney Rule when we interviewed Horton.

don137
01-05-2013, 05:27 PM
I was talking to Joe D after church today and he thinks they will take Whisenhunt but would love Lovie. He thinks Whisenhunt has done nothing and was nothing without Warner. Joe's wife is just as passionate about the Bills as him.

jpdex12
01-05-2013, 05:31 PM
I was talking to Joe D after church today and he thinks they will take Whisenhunt but would love Lovie. He thinks Whisenhunt has done nothing and was nothing without Warner. Joe's wife is just as passionate about the Bills as him.
Delamalluere?

don137
01-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Delamalluere?

Yes, we go to the same church and sit near each other. He knows I am a huge Bills fan and I have talked to him every now and then. We were walking out tonight and we did a mutual hello and then we started talking Bills.

IAG
01-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Lovie is a great choice for us. I like all the guys they have talked to, but Kelly.

Mad Max
01-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Although I prefer Kelly, I'm down with Lovie. He had a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as his starting QB. Rex Grossman...let that sink in for a few moments (doesn't matter how great your defense is with Sexy Rexy grenading your offense).

He's also largely overcome the boneheadedness of Cutler. If he had a Brad Johnson level QB, he would have had a Super Bowl win with the bears.

We're a couple of pieces away on Defense for it to be formidable. Offensively we're a QB away.

This could work.

Night Train
01-05-2013, 06:32 PM
2011 - started 7-3 - missed the playoffs
2012 - started 7-1 - missed the playoffs

Why can't he finish ?

gonzo1105
01-05-2013, 06:54 PM
2011 - started 7-3 - missed the playoffs
2012 - started 7-1 - missed the playoffs

Why can't he finish ?

Because Jay Cutler got his ass kicked behind terrible offensive lines and they had Caleb Hanie and Jason Campbell as backups.

Slim
01-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Because Jay Cutler got his ass kicked behind terrible offensive lines and they had Caleb Hanie and Jason Campbell as backups.

Yep. I'm not a huge Lovie advocator but if Cutler stays healthy the last two years they make the playoffs. Plus, 10-6 typically gets you in the playoff's. It's just bad luck on Lovie's part that he isn't on the sideline right now coaching against the Packers.

mjt328
01-05-2013, 07:07 PM

Maybe because none of the other teams are going hard after Lovie, and the Bills are serious about doing an "exhaustive coaching search."

Fans seem to think that Brandon/Nix already had someone in mind when they started interviewing candidates. Could it be that they simply have a list of potential coaches, and they want to finish interviewing them all? Unless of course someone blows their socks off.

It's very likely that Whisenhunt made a great first impression, but after interviewing Lovie - he has now pulled ahead.

T-Long
01-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Checked in with former Bears QB Jim Miller...

“@TLONG8212: @15miller hey Mills...what do you think of Lovie in Buffalo?”....love it!

imbondz
01-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Lovie Smith does look like a SuperBowl winning coach. But I said that when Gailey came in too.

RedEyE
01-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Maybe because none of the other teams are going hard after Lovie, and the Bills are serious about doing agraxhaustive coaching search."

Fans seem to think that Brandon/Nix already had someone in mind when they started interviewing candidates. Could it be that they simply have a list of potential coaches, and they want to finish interviewing them all? Unless of course someone blows their socks off.

It's very likely that Whisenhunt made a great first impression, but after interviewing Lovie - he has now pulled ahead.
Could be...but most teams that are blown away with a coaching candidate close the deal so that another team can't swope in and snatch them up.

Nope, it seems to me that everything is hinging on this Kelly decision. I think everything starts to fall in place once Chip makes his choice...or until the Bills feel they've waited long enough and their second choice is threatened.

Its all hypothetical, of course. And to be quite honest I prefer the Bills sign Lovie over Kelly. So, this is just a gut feeling and not wishful thinking.

ublinkwescore
01-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Lovie Smith does look like a SuperBowl winning coach. But I said that when Gailey came in too.

Why do you have to jinx them before they even get their whistles?

TigerJ
01-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Lovie brings in chan as OC Honestly, I wouldn't mind that a bit. . .IF Nix acquires a decent QB and cuts Fitzpatrick.

TigerJ
01-05-2013, 09:03 PM

.........Ray Horton was their Rooney Rule interview.

Owen DeBoard
01-05-2013, 09:25 PM
I do think Wizenhunt was one play away from winning the super bowl while coaching Arizona. He also has a ring from winning a super bowl with the Steelers as an O C. I like him alot better than Lovie Smith. I live near Chicago and Lovie Smith took alot of heat from the fan base and media around Chicago with his coaching style. He makes bad decisions and shows no emotion and runs an easy training camp and practice. He sounds alot like the coach that just got fired by the Bills. Ill take Wizenhunt any day over Smith. Wizenhunt didnt have a qb but he also had one of if not the worst Offensive Lines in the league. Thats why their record was so bad. Their D was pretty good. If Lovie gets hired expect more of the same of not making the playoffs for the Bills.

ServoBillieves
01-05-2013, 09:40 PM
We already fulfilled the Rooney Rule when we interviewed Horton.

Wow... sarcasm is really lost on people anymore.

YardRat
01-06-2013, 07:14 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/hUzNqTrLA3o/0.jpg

"OOOPS!..."

Night Train
01-06-2013, 07:19 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/hUzNqTrLA3o/0.jpg

"OOOPS!..."

King chases names, like many here. He knows NOTHING.

RedEyE
01-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Yeah, King is a dolt. always has been. Here I thought the Bills were waiting on Kelly, when all day yesterday they were actually waiting for Marrone to finish his second round with Cleveland. And Clevveland will feel like a jolted prom date when Kelly doesnt sign because Marrone was obviously their second choice.