PDA

View Full Version : Dalton Sucks

ghz in pittsburgh
01-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Cost Cinci the playoff.

Night Train
01-05-2013, 06:34 PM
He's a slightly better Fitz. Game manager who you cannot ask to win you the game.

2nd year in a row he played poorly in the opening round vs. Houston.

psubills62
01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Yeah, he's really not that good. It's hardly a surprise that the only time they did anything offensively was when they were throwing to AJ Green.

don137
01-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Green makes Dalton a better QB than he really is. Without Green he would be a bottom tier QB.

Bangarang
01-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Wait, I thought Nix was an idiot for passing on such an All Pro QB?

BertSquirtgum
01-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Dalton sucks.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-05-2013, 07:01 PM
LMFAO at you guys. He had a crappy game on the road against a Top 10 defense and he sucks? He's a promising young QB.

mjt328
01-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Good Lord. How did Fitzpatrick play against the Texans earlier this year again? I don't seem to recall our offense scoring a touchdown either...

Dalton is a second year pro, who has already led his team to two playoff appearances (despite being in the same division as Baltimore and Pittsburgh).
He's also way more accurate and makes better decisions than Fitzpatrick - who has been in the league for something like 8 years.

Dalton is nowhere near the elite quarterbacks in this league yet, but he's already better than Fitz - with still plenty of time to develop. We would have been 100% better off drafting him instead of Aaron Williams.

Some of you need to get your heads out of the sand. Fitz sucks and should have been replaced 2-3 seasons ago.
He's only capable of 4-5 good games per year, and he's been able to pad his stats because of a pass-happy coach.

BertSquirtgum
01-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Just in case anyone forgot Andy Dalton played in a playoff game tonight.

Slim
01-05-2013, 07:18 PM
How can he lead a team to the superbowl when he doesn't have a soul?

ServoBillieves
01-05-2013, 07:21 PM

Seconded.

imbondz
01-05-2013, 07:24 PM
red headded QBs will never win SuperBowls.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-05-2013, 07:44 PM

Brady did it.

Don't Panic
01-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Point being, he may work out to be better than average, but he's never leading his team to the Super Bowl unless he has the 2000 Ravens D.

Slim
01-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Brady did it.

There's a difference. Brady sold his soul, Dalton never had one to begin with.

Oaf
01-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Good Lord. How did Fitzpatrick play against the Texans earlier this year again? I don't seem to recall our offense scoring a touchdown either...

Dalton is a second year pro, who has already led his team to two playoff appearances (despite being in the same division as Baltimore and Pittsburgh).
He's also way more accurate and makes better decisions than Fitzpatrick - who has been in the league for something like 8 years.

Dalton is nowhere near the elite quarterbacks in this league yet, but he's already better than Fitz - with still plenty of time to develop. We would have been 100% better off drafting him instead of Aaron Williams.

Some of you need to get your heads out of the sand. Fitz sucks and should have been replaced 2-3 seasons ago.
He's only capable of 4-5 good games per year, and he's been able to pad his stats because of a pass-happy coach.

To be fair, he's had Stevie Johnson and who to throw the ball to?

mjt328
01-05-2013, 10:37 PM

Fitz has had plenty of support.

Possibly the best pair of running backs in the league. A very good offensive line. One of the best route running WRs in the league (Stevie). A tall and athletic tight end.

Put AJ Green on the Bills, and his stats drop - simply because Fitz would never be able to throw him a catchable ball downfield. Chan would have been forced to take one of the league's top deep threats and waste him running screens and 5 yard slants all game.

more cowbell
01-05-2013, 11:05 PM
I don't think anyone is saying Fitz is better or just as good as Dalton...I think we're just saying he's not that good.

Better than Fitz? Of course, but that's not saying much, if anything.

Bulldog
01-06-2013, 03:08 AM

OK. Dalton still freakin blows and barring the help of an all world defense, he'll never win a Super Bowl. So what's the point?

Night Train
01-06-2013, 05:46 AM
LMFAO at you guys. He had a crappy game on the road against a Top 10 defense and he sucks? He's a promising young QB.
Yeah. He promises to lose in Round 1 of the playoffs. Where is the upside ?

YardRat
01-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Just in case anyone forgot Andy Dalton played in a playoff game tonight.

Amazing what a decent defense can help a team accomplish, isn't it?

Mr. Pink
01-06-2013, 09:06 AM
I've been saying a while now that Dalton isn't much better, if at all, than Fitz. Seeing we've seen numerous people say we should have taken him.

He's just younger.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Yeah. He promises to lose in Round 1 of the playoffs. Where is the upside ?
At least he MADE it to the playoffs. When was the last time the Bills did that? 1999?

Besides, he's in Cincinnati, where playoff dreams are guaranteed to die after one round as long as Paul Brown is still dead.

psubills62
01-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Not going to speak for the OP, but my opinion isn't based off of one game. JMO, but unless he makes some serious strides, this is about as good as he'll be.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Not going to speak for the OP, but my opinion isn't based off of one game. JMO, but unless he makes some serious strides, this is about as good as he'll be.

So you're saying that unless he gets better, he'll stay the same? er...

The point is that he can get better and he has shown major flashes of his upside (the Redskins and Giants game this year come to mind). He's a 25 year old in his second year.

psubills62
01-06-2013, 03:54 PM
So you're saying that unless he gets better, he'll stay the same? er...

The point is that he can get better and he has shown major flashes of his upside (the Redskins and Giants game this year come to mind). He's a 25 year old in his second year.
No, I said "this is as good as he'll be." As in, this is his ceiling. He could easily get worse. I added the part about making strides because you never know what might happen, but I seriously doubt he'll get much better. In general, I think it's quite rare for a QB to make major improvements after he's already been in the league and starting for two years.

Yeah, we've heard about "flashes" before. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Bill Cody
01-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Dalton stinks

djjimkelly
01-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Wait, I thought Nix was an idiot for passing on such an All Pro QB?

NIX IMO has done great in the first round anyone who doesnt think so just doesnt get it

Novacane
01-06-2013, 09:19 PM

Goes both ways. Maybe our WR are better than we think they are. Hard to know when their QB is skipping balls to them or overthrowing them by 10 feet all the time.

mjt328
01-07-2013, 07:27 AM
OK. Dalton still freakin blows and barring the help of an all world defense, he'll never win a Super Bowl. So what's the point?

Dalton looks better after 2 years in the NFL than Drew Brees or Eli Manning did at the same point in their careers.