PDA

View Full Version : Coach Marrone Game Day Decision Making, Scheme and Style

The Toe Show
01-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Sup Homies,

http://www.thecardinalconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Cuse-Marrone.png

I've never seen a 'Cuse game under Marrone.

Game Day Decision Making
What is he like on game day? How does he manage a game?

I think what the Bills need most is a coach that reflects the aggression and passion of the fan base. After Gailey and Jauron, I just want a guy that will GO FOR IT.

Will Marrone punt from the 38 on 4th and 5? Does he kick 23 yard field goals? Is he a motivator, is he a guy who player lose their **** for?

Scheme and Style
What kind of offense does run? Is there a Marrone system? Does he have a defensive philosophy?

I know he doesn't have the W/L, or NFL HC experience - so I'm wondering what the meta-deal is with him. I need the inside info...the macro-view offers nothing to hang my hat on.

TELL ME

coastal
01-06-2013, 10:10 AM
That's a damn good question.

it seems like its been a longtime since our coach was a great... or even good game day manager.

Bert102176
01-06-2013, 11:02 AM
I do like the hire, just hope we can get a good staff for him

mrbojanglezs
01-06-2013, 11:08 AM
I know his defense philosophy is aggressive with blitzes

Don't Panic
01-06-2013, 12:22 PM
I feel like our O line is tailor made for him, since a lot of what he has done is short and fast play-wise. Spiller fills a familiar role since he had Bush in NO. A lot will depend on the coordinators.

SquishDaFish
01-06-2013, 12:25 PM
This past year was 90s style KGun offense I think Ive read

Bulldog
01-06-2013, 01:05 PM
I would compare the pace of the offense to the Patriots when they go into their hurry up. The defenseive coordinator definitely called an aggressive game with pressure coming from a variety of blitzes. I'm hoping the Bills grab Nassib as well.

Slim
01-06-2013, 01:13 PM
This past year was 90s style KGun offense I think Ive read

A no huddle spread. So I guess it's similar to the K-gun. Im not an expert on Cuse' football though.

X-Era
01-06-2013, 01:15 PM
DB's article and my profile cover almost all of this if you're interested.

Slim
01-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Joe B says the Bills will be "very aggressive" in their pursuit for a DC. I like it.

TigerJ
01-06-2013, 03:54 PM
This past year was 90s style KGun offense I think Ive readHe ran a lot of no huddle with Syracuse. He's got some background with a West Coast offense, but he was also OC for four years with New Orleans, and Drew Brees is well known for his vertical passing game. It looks like he's not married to a particular system on offense. Since he is an offensive guy, it's a little harder to say what he'll be inclined to do on defense. We'll know a lot more about that when we see who the Bills hire as their defensive coordinator.