PDA

View Full Version : Assume you were Brandon and Co.

Don't Panic
01-06-2013, 10:15 AM
After the interviews, you have a choice between these three candidates. Who do you pick and why?

sam5767
01-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Withour having been at the interviews, it is tough to make a selection based on what happened at the interview...I picked Marrone because it seemed to fit in with the change that Brandon has been talking about.....he is a young, offensive minded coach.....Lovie and Weisenhunt would have been the "same old, same old" coaching re-tread of the past couple of coaches. I think Lovie's Tampa 2 style defensive mindset might have steered us away from him as we just spent the last 3 years getting defensive players that are not cover 2 guys... but who knows...

I'm all for giving him a shot. It will be interesting to see who we bring in as coordinators.....

cookie G
01-06-2013, 10:41 AM
If I'm Russ Brandon and

-a native of Syracuse
-and a member of the Syracuse Sport Management Advisory Board

I hire the Syracuse guy with a losing record in the Big East.

Because I only want the best for the Bills.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-06-2013, 10:49 AM
After the interviews, you have a choice between these three candidates. Who do you pick and why?

Smith, a good coach who returned the Bears to competitive football. He's a guy who used two ****ty qbs and made the playoffs several times (including two NFC title game appearances and one superbowl with them). He was fired to be fair, but he had a winning record and in a good division.

trapezeus
01-06-2013, 10:51 AM
not knowing how the interview went, i would have selected lovie because we have defensive talent. it's totally mismanaged. and it needs some help. i think he gets you there faster.

he also makes it possible to try to keep fitz one more year and get a couple qb's to groom.

marrone is an unknown. he sounds like gregg williams. a disciplinarian who may be too much as a hc. but whatever...what is done is done.

i do like that he's a line man and has experience there. if we let levitre go, we'll need to have people there to coach young guys up.

mrbojanglezs
01-06-2013, 10:53 AM
don't get the love affair with lovie. Glorified Dick Jauron. What would he do to fix the offense and develop a qb?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Morrone because he is not a retread,
just so you know, my iPad keeps trying to auto correct Morrone to moron.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Morrone because he is not a retread,
just so you know, my iPad keeps trying to auto correct Morrone to moron.

Apple makes truly artificially intelligent machinery.

colin
01-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Agree that marrone is the choice because hes new.

I would have been ok w lovie if he had an o staff ready, but i think the record shows that he just isnt any good w the o. Dougie has a strong background so i like it.

Night Train
01-06-2013, 01:27 PM
I can't wait for Lovie to take his next team to the SB...because it will never happen.

Hiring failures fired less than a week ago is dumb beyond words.

justasportsfan
01-06-2013, 01:33 PM
If Lovie was bringing Hue Jackson, he would've been my pick.

I will say this about Russ and co. though. They finally hired a coach that other teams were looking to hire are well unlike Greg, Mularkey, Dick and Chan. There was more interest in Marrone than any of those coaches. While I have no proof that another team was going to certainly hire him, we didn't just hire a guy that no other team wanted or was under the radar. Those other coaches were more of a surprise hire than Marrone

Dude
01-06-2013, 01:39 PM
I hire the Syracuse guy with a losing record in the Big East.The same one who won a share of the conference championship?

Johnny Bugmenot
01-06-2013, 01:55 PM
The same one who won a share of the conference championship?
Remind me which BCS bowl he was in again.

Dude
01-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Remind me which BCS bowl he was in again.Why does that matter? Are those the only good coaches?

Johnny Bugmenot
01-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Why does that matter? Are those the only good coaches?
You said he won "a share" of the conference championship. The winner of the Big East gets a BCS bid. Syracuse did not.

Therefore, they didn't win the conference championship, liar.

Dude
http://www.niuhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/carey_rod00.html

Is this guy one of the top coaches in America? He coached in the Orange Bowl.

Dude
You said he won "a share" of the conference championship. The winner of the Big East gets a BCS bid. Syracuse did not.

Therefore, they didn't win the conference championship, liar.Except they did.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Except they did.
Then they would've been in the BCS. They weren't. So they didn't.

Dude
01-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Then they would've been in the BCS. They weren't. So they didn't.Are you for real?

SpillerThrills
01-06-2013, 02:18 PM
what does it matter who we would have chosen? we weren't in the interview so we don't know what either candidate said. now don't get me wrong, I like Lovie, but if he was that good, he wouldn't have been fired from Chicago. yes I understand he was 10-6 which is a lot better than what we had with Chan, but he was still fired. People were *****ing about Buffalo looking at Whisenhunt because he was a retread... he had just been fired... his team started our great then tanked... the same thing can be said for Lovie. I'm not saying that I'm convinced that Marrone is going to come in and take us to the Superbowl or even the playoffs, but maybe this "younger" coach who doesn't have any NFL HC experience can take us to the playoffs that we have been waiting so long for. Finally the FO is doing something different and not hiring the standard washed up retread coach and people are *****ing. remember, Marrone is an offensive minded guy, maybe they are looking at someone like Lovie to come in as DC and finally doing something right with our D.... only time will tell.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-06-2013, 03:00 PM
I can't wait for Lovie to take his next team to the SB...because it will never happen.

Hiring failures fired less than a week ago is dumb beyond words.

well when Lovie is in the playoffs next year and the year after and you are clamoring for Moron to be fired then you can tell me then how much you hate Lovie Smith.