PDA

View Full Version : It's like the swallows coming back to Capistrano...

MikeInRoch
01-06-2013, 11:02 AM
The Bills make a move, a ton of people on this board *****es. It literally makes no difference what the move actually is.

casdhf
01-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Aspen?

black N yellow
01-06-2013, 11:08 AM
oh, Samsonite. I was WAY off.

don137
01-06-2013, 11:17 AM
You could reincarnate Vince Lombardi and hire him as Bills coach. People would still complain saying he is too old for today's NFL. There is success and failure stories in every example from hiring college coaches to hiring coordinators as coaches to hiring retread coaches. Depending on where you stand you can find examples on both sides of the fence of success and failures.Truth is no one knows how Marrone will do. Two years from people will come out of the wood work saying I told you so...

Generalissimus Gibby
01-06-2013, 11:18 AM
The Bills make a move, a ton of people on this board *****es. It literally makes no difference what the move actually is.

No, this is a move that is so bad that it makes Ken Wissenhunt seem like a good idea. This is a guy who turned bad into mediocre. This is a continuation of 13 years of fail.

Bone
01-06-2013, 11:19 AM
We should have a billszone ***** zone section!

Don't Panic
01-06-2013, 11:20 AM
I've come to the conclusion that some fans have developed an actual need to complain about the Bills. It's. like a psychological disorder at this point. There's no explanation for someone to continuously complain year after year and keep coming back for more. It's like battered wife syndrome.

ServoBillieves
01-06-2013, 11:24 AM
I don't know Lloyd, the French are *******s.

That being said, everyone will take a side, and since his name isn't Belichek 3/4 of the people will be pissed off.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2013, 11:24 AM
I've come to the conclusion that some fans have developed an actual need to complain about the Bills. It's. like a psychological disorder at this point. There's no explanation for someone to continuously complain year after year and keep coming back for more. It's like battered wife syndrome.

HEY ****HEAD!!!!!!!! the team hasnt been to the playoffs in 13 seasons! no winning record since 04.....

wtf

OLDSRIP
01-06-2013, 11:35 AM

Is comical isn't it . I've seen people *****ing about not interviewing enough people and some people say they should have only interviewed one person, etc.
and the ones that get me are the ones who can tell the future without a doubt. That their opinion is right and anyone who has another opinion is wrong
if I was that smart I would not be spending time on a football board.

Don't Panic
01-06-2013, 11:37 AM
HEY ****HEAD!!!!!!!! the team hasnt been to the playoffs in 13 seasons! no winning record since 04.....

wtf

So is the plan to use the past to justify why the future will suck? What's the point of supporting something you don't feel can succeed?

Night Train
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Is comical isn't it . I've seen people *****ing about not interviewing enough people and some people say they should have only interviewed one person, etc.
and the ones that get me are the ones who can tell the future without a doubt. That their opinion is right and anyone who has another opinion is wrong
if I was that smart I would not be spending time on a football board.

It comes down to " They didn't pick MY GUY " ( the only choice, since the rest of the board is dumber than me )

Generalissimus Gibby
01-06-2013, 11:51 AM
It comes down to " They didn't pick MY GUY " ( the only choice, since the rest of the board is dumber than me )

Tagging this post now so that in a year or two when you say damn this was a stupid decision I can say, well turns out you were dumber than those of us who saw this as an epic fail. 3-13 baby!!!!

Night Train
01-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Tagging this post now so that in a year or two when you say damn this was a stupid decision I can say, well turns out you were dumber than those of us who saw this as an epic fail. 3-13 baby!!!!

Say hi to Lovie for me.

OpIv37
01-06-2013, 12:04 PM
BS. I don't recall anyone *****ing about firing the coaching staff or cutting Maybin.

People are *****ing because this move is the same people who have made mistakes in the past making decisions that are very similar to those mistakes.

Don't Panic
01-06-2013, 12:15 PM
BS. I don't recall anyone *****ing about firing the coaching staff or cutting Maybin.

People are *****ing because this move is the same people who have made mistakes in the past making decisions that are very similar to those mistakes.

So for the record, you're not a fan either OP?

SquishDaFish
01-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Wow I thought for sure OP would be a fan of this hire. Seeing they are going a totally different route than they usually do (Retread coordinators or fired Head Coaches)

OpIv37
01-06-2013, 12:21 PM

No.

To be fair, I don't know much about Marrone. But ever since Gregg Williams, I've always wanted someone with a successful NFL HC resume and this org just won't do it. Gailey and Jauron had previous NFL HC experience but it was hardly successful.

X-Era
01-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Cowher or Gruden would have been probably the only exceptions to this rule and even that's questionable.

kishoph
01-06-2013, 12:33 PM
We should have a billszone ***** zone section!

The site would crash.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2013, 12:35 PM
So is the plan to use the past to justify why the future will suck? What's the point of supporting something you don't feel can succeed?

didnt realize being a fan means never being critical or flat out denial about reality.... holy **** what kind of logic is that? i complain, and others complain because we care... and we want to win... GOOD LORD

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2013, 12:38 PM

A FAN APPARENTLY MEANS NEVER EVER ADMIT THE TRUTH. the same guy in charge, is the same guy in charge, and they hired another coach with no resume.

sry, a 500 record and no bcs appearence in the worst conf tells me this is the same ****. let alone, russ is still there, along with everyone else...

whats next, in 3 years we hire ron english because he made eastern mi a 400 team?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2013, 12:39 PM
at the very least, the fo deserves no respect until they put a winning product on the field. sad but it's the truth

YardRat
01-06-2013, 12:41 PM
http://activerain.com/image_store/uploads/2/2/8/4/1/ar125366562614822.jpg

psubills62
01-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Given the Bills' recent history, it's easy to dismiss anything they do as cheap and bad. If people want to do that, fine. No skin off my nose.

I'm willing to give Marrone a chance and see what he does as HC. He could very well fail, but I don't like assuming that he will even before he's hired a single coach to his staff.

OpIv37
01-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Given the Bills' recent history, it's easy to dismiss anything they do as cheap and bad. If people want to do that, fine. No skin off my nose.

I'm willing to give Marrone a chance and see what he does as HC. He could very well fail, but I don't like assuming that he will even before he's hired a single coach to his staff.

It's the same old thing: there is a difference between hope and expectations. I hope Marrone turns into the next Tom Landry but I have no reason to expect that.

Who was the last college HC to come in and tear up the league? And don't say Pete Carroll- remember his disastrous stint with the Jets? Remember Steve Spurrier? Nick Saban? For every Jim Harbaugh there are at least 3 of those types.

psubills62
01-06-2013, 01:13 PM
It's the same old thing: there is a difference between hope and expectations. I hope Marrone turns into the next Tom Landry but I have no reason to expect that.

Who was the last college HC to come in and tear up the league? And don't say Pete Carroll- remember his disastrous stint with the Jets? Remember Steve Spurrier? Nick Saban? For every Jim Harbaugh there are at least 3 of those types.
I know what the negatives of Marrone seem to be, as well as the apparent positives. I don't really care about arguing about those or telling you what you should hope or expect. If you want to expect disaster, fine. I personally don't have any expectations yet. There's a whole offseason's worth of decisions that he will make that will help me form my opinion about the upcoming season as well as Marrone's tenure in general.

Historian
01-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Only in Buffalo, could you run the team into the ground, get promoted, and continue to make the same pitiful decisions.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Only in Buffalo, could you run the team into the ground, get promoted, and continue to make the same pitiful decisions.

and hire a 500 big east coach and tell the fan base it's world class...

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2013, 01:48 PM
You could reincarnate Vince Lombardi and hire him as Bills coach. People would still complain saying he is too old for today's NFL. There is success and failure stories in every example from hiring college coaches to hiring coordinators as coaches to hiring retread coaches. Depending on where you stand you can find examples on both sides of the fence of success and failures.Truth is no one knows how Marrone will do. Two years from people will come out of the wood work saying I told you so...

lets use reason, and not bias...

what reason do you have that gives you the confidence that morrone will turn it around?

i mean, what has he done? does it mean he wont? no. just means, i have no reason to think he will until he actually does it.

ask yourself this, why is russ brandon still ****ing here?

Johnny Bugmenot
01-06-2013, 01:50 PM
That is the point. What's the point of continuing to support the Bills? What's the point of shelling out $100M of public money on a perpetual loser? What's the point indeed?!

- - - Updated - - -

http://activerain.com/image_store/uploads/2/2/8/4/1/ar125366562614822.jpg
Oh... are those African swallows or European ones, and can they carry coconuts?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2013, 01:52 PM
That is the point. What's the point of continuing to support the Bills? What's the point of shelling out $100M of public money on a perpetual loser? What's the point indeed?!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh... are those African swallows or European ones, and can they carry coconuts?

sometimes i feel like the bills are the george castanza of the nfl... it's so easy to fix the problem, anyone can see it, but we continue to just ignore reality and **** up...

CoolBreeze
01-06-2013, 02:18 PM
No.

To be fair, I don't know much about Marrone. But ever since Gregg Williams, I've always wanted someone with a successful NFL HC resume and this org just won't do it. Gailey and Jauron had previous NFL HC experience but it was hardly successful.
Aren't the successful ones employed or retired?

jimbohastle51
01-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I honestly don't have a problem with the hire as long as the word patience is not used at the press conference. Gailey was fired because the front office thought this was a playoff team and didn't make it so next year should be playoffs or marrone is on the bubble. I know that sounds harsh but really how could you sell another losing season when you fired your last coach because he had the talent to get to the playoffs and didn't make it happen? Russ just backed himself in a corner with this hire if the team is not at least 9-7 next year.

OpIv37
01-06-2013, 09:58 PM

Past performance isn't a perfect indicator, but its nu far the best one we have. You can't keep doing the same things and expect different results. This wreaks of doing the same thing.

EricStratton
01-06-2013, 10:11 PM
and hire a 500 big east coach and tell the fan base it's world class...

When you started a thread asking 'Cuse people about this guy did you even read any of the replies?

BertSquirtgum
01-06-2013, 10:11 PM
I've never seen so many grown men crying like a bunch of babies. Bunch of *****es.

better days
01-06-2013, 10:26 PM
I honestly don't have a problem with the hire as long as the word patience is not used at the press conference. Gailey was fired because the front office thought this was a playoff team and didn't make it so next year should be playoffs or marrone is on the bubble. I know that sounds harsh but really how could you sell another losing season when you fired your last coach because he had the talent to get to the playoffs and didn't make it happen? Russ just backed himself in a corner with this hire if the team is not at least 9-7 next year.

Well, like I asked before, does ANYONE think Marrone will get the Bills to better than 8-8 in the next three years? I don't, and I don't care who will be on his staff, as has been said on this board before by others, the fish stinks from the head down.

EricStratton
01-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Well, like I asked before, does ANYONE think Marrone will get the Bills to better than 8-8 in the next three years? I don't, and I don't care who will be on his staff, as has been said on this board before by others, the fish stinks from the head down.

Is there any coach that was on the market that you think could get the Bills those two extra wins over the next 3 seasons?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Is there any coach that was on the market that you think could get the Bills those two extra wins over the next 3 seasons?

realistically, lovie smith with the right oc and qb like alex smith plus a young qb would have been optimal. hes proven

BertSquirtgum
01-06-2013, 10:38 PM
realistically, lovie smith with the right oc and qb like alex smith plus a young qb would have been optimal. hes proven

Proven to lose.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Proven to lose.

lol, sb with rex grossman. 11-5 with a rookie orton... 2 nfc champ appearences...

or, 500 record in big east lol

Bangarang
01-06-2013, 10:53 PM
lol, sb with rex grossman. 11-5 with a rookie orton... 2 nfc champ appearences...

or, 500 record in big east lol

That must be why teams are rushing to interview him and why he had to call us to express interest in the job.

He's so good that he may not even be a head coach next year.

MikeInRoch
01-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Just saying ".500 record in the big east" means you have no idea what rebuilding had to be done to get to that point.

Dude
01-06-2013, 11:00 PM

or, 500 record in big east lolInstead of making the same stupid comment in every thread, how about you prove to everyone how much you know about Doug Marrone and give us a concrete, unassailable list of reasons why he's a bad coach. Please provide facts, links if applicable, and intelligent arguments.

Otherwise you just look like an idiot.

kingJofNYC
01-06-2013, 11:07 PM
I find it funny that better days is complaining about this hire when he was backing Chan to the bitter end.

Too ****ing funny.

better days
01-06-2013, 11:53 PM
I find it funny that better days is complaining about this hire when he was backing Chan to the bitter end.

Too ****ing funny.

I addressed this in the other thread. But, I will say again, as MANY polititians do, I am sweeping everything I posted prior to today under the rug, & am changing parties.

I no longer consider myself a member of the optimist party but have decided to join OpIv & serve under him in the pessimist party.

acehole
01-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Ehh... try not to mention "coming" and "swallows"...you will attract sabs mom here like a moth to a flame.

:lol:

justasportsfan
01-07-2013, 09:28 AM
I like being a homer. I always find ways to spin anything they do to make me happy.

OpIv37
01-07-2013, 03:54 PM
I like being a homer. I always find ways to spin anything they do to make me happy.

Wouldn't you like it more if the team was competent enough to do things that made you happy WITHOUT needing a homer spin?

SABURZFAN
01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Ehh... try not to mention "coming" and "swallows"...you will attract sabs mom here like a moth to a flame.

:lol:

I see the moth is already here.

acehole
01-07-2013, 07:24 PM
:tired::tired::tired:
I see the moth is already here.

Jeff1220
01-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Anybody thinking Alex Smith is part of the answer to the Bills' problems...yeah. Anyway, instead of locking yourself into the "I hope the guy fails so that I can prove I'm the message board champion" role, how about hearing Marrone's ideas, seeing who he hires, and seeing what moves are made over the next few months.

kishoph
01-07-2013, 07:50 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/What-theyre-saying-about-Doug-Marrone/06296ac2-a36c-4854-a56a-4d064831dd8f