PDA

View Full Version : can any cuse fans fill us in?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2013, 11:10 AM
what type of coach is he?

parcells/jimmy johnson coach or laid back dungy style?

what type of d?

how did he improve cuse football the most?

what did you not like about cuse football when he was there?

ServoBillieves
01-06-2013, 11:44 AM
He was handed a dog-turd of a team and turned it around. They were unwatchable under Greg Robinson. People spouting the "He ws 25-25 as a coach" mumbling can shove it.

dannyek71
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
The anti Jauron. Lots of fire. He used to come to speak to my old HS football team on recruiting trips. Fiery, lots of passion. If I were a player, he would light a fire under my butt.

Bert102176
01-06-2013, 04:41 PM
He was handed a dog-turd of a team and turned it around. They were unwatchable under Greg Robinson. People spouting the "He ws 25-25 as a coach" mumbling can shove it.

Exactly, ty

Bert102176
01-06-2013, 04:45 PM
He will have a player like Daerius playing instead of half assing like he did this year, our d would of been better if he actually played like his rookie year move him back to DE and have Carrington the other starting DT next to Kyle and cut Anderson he did absolutely nothing when he was healthy enough to play damn scab that he is

Bmax
01-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Runs a no huddle west coach style offense .. used two rb a lot giving both guys a lot carries ...Good qb groomer...Good with media...Tough NYC guy...more of a parcells guy than Jauron type..not fiery all the time on sidelines.. can go either way..

BillsWin
01-06-2013, 04:53 PM
From what I have heard and seen, he is a passionate coach. He creates goals for himself and his team and is relentless in the pursuit of those goals. He holds players accountable for their actions and their responsibilities.

His first year on the job, he completely changed the culture of Syracuse from every minor detail. From wearing suits on game days, to cleaning the locker room, to putting the faces of players who were late to class on display for the whole team to see.

He's meticulous in his coaching. Emphasizes fundamentals and preparation.

He will go as far as his defensive coordinator will take him. The players will buy in to his fire and tenacity almost immediately and if they don't, they won't be around very long and players who do buy in will step up.

I think it's the perfect hire for the current state of the Bills franchise.

ICRockets
01-06-2013, 07:02 PM
One of the subtle traits that I love about Marrone is how he prepares for elite quarterbacks. You see guys like Teddy Bridgewater and Geno Smith struggle against Marrone's Syracuse team. If it weren't for his 2 elite receivers, Matt Barkley had an unspectacular game against us. He's got a little Gregg Williams fire in him, but he also has a little bit of Tony Dungy calm there too. You don't see him get very angry at drive-killing penalties, it's more like he's disappointed. But other than that one area, the guy is passionate to the max. I LOVE the hire as a Bills fan, and hate it as a Cuse fan. It's really weird.

Mski
01-07-2013, 11:04 AM
from what i've heard about him.. on the sidelines he has more of a juron approach, cool collected even headed, behind closed doors he's a no BS call people out lots of fire guy. he changed alot about the program, as far a discipline

MikeInRoch
01-07-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm curious why you are asking, MDP, since you have already decided he sucks.