PDA

View Full Version : BBD: Breaking Down Doug Marrone

DraftBoy
01-06-2013, 11:30 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013/01/breaking-down-doug-marrone/

By now you’ve probably seen Doug Marrone’s resume so much you have it memorized. We know he spent time working under Sean Payton in New Orleans before going on to coach the Syracuse Orangemen. However do you know that he spent time before that with the Jets? That he was a former NFL Offensive Lineman and that he has a connection to SEC programs that GM Buddy Nix has shown an affinity for? We decided to do our due diligence and dive into Marrone’s past to see if we could get an idea of what to expect from him in Buffalo.

Broke down Marrone at every stop in his coaching career, its a more comprehensive view than you'll find anywhere thus far.

X-Era
01-06-2013, 11:33 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013/01/breaking-down-doug-marrone/

Broke down Marrone at every stop in his coaching career, its a more comprehensive view than you'll find anywhere thus far.
Great job.

Bone
01-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Nice post, now do you think we draft nassib?

jamze132
01-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Great article DB.

But I'm still not sold on the hire. I would love to be able to run a Saints style offense but we need a QB who's accurate and can make good decisions. Since this QB crop is weak, I say we go all in for Alex Smith. What says you?

Night Train
01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Information = The enemy of posters who's "guy" wasn't selected.

DraftBoy
01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Nice post, now do you think we draft nassib?

I think its anti-Nix/Whaley philosophy to assume that. He'll still need to fit value right.

Also Marrone coached against Geno Smith three times so he's just as well aware of what Geno can do.

DraftBoy
01-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Great article DB.

But I'm still not sold on the hire. I would love to be able to run a Saints style offense but we need a QB who's accurate and can make good decisions. Since this QB crop is weak, I say we go all in for Alex Smith. What says you?

I think Smith would work well in this system and I think he's going to be a Buffalo Bill (based on nothing but gut and Rapoport's comments to me) while the Bills wait till Round 2 or even 3 to draft a QB. Ideally for me I like Zac Dysert over Nassib.

Slim
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
I think Smith would work well in this system and I think he's going to be a Buffalo Bill (based on nothing but gut and Rapoport's comments to me) while the Bills wait till Round 2 or even 3 to draft a QB. Ideally for me I like Zac Dysert over Nassib.

You know Rapoport?

DraftBoy
01-06-2013, 11:51 AM
You know Rapoport?

Twitter conversation he and I had.

Copied here;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013/01/could-the-bills-be-interested-in-qb-alex-smith/

Buddo
01-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the write up DB - very informative, and a job well done.

Don't Panic
01-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the write up DB - very informative, and a job well done.

What he said. Stellar job, DB.

RedEyE
01-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Best thing I've read on Marrone. Very impressive write up!

ZAZusmc03
01-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Fantastic work once again DB! Sending the link out to all of my friends and family.

SquishDaFish
01-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Awesome job bro

jamze132
01-06-2013, 03:24 PM

Exactly my thoughts, except the part about the QBs because I have no idea who they are. LOL