PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Nassib-Bills Franchise Future QB?

blackonyx89
01-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Just wanted to see how many of you out there want Ryan here as the
potential future franchise QB. Obviously he was groomed by Doug and
it wouldn't be a surprise he goes after him with the Bills fisrt pick? What
do you think, good idea or not to get him?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2013, 01:50 PM
omg, lmao...

im so excited about the morrone/nassib regime...

puke...

Night Train
01-06-2013, 01:52 PM
QB should be Round 2, after a LB at the top. IMO. Then another LB.

If it's Nassib, fine. That reduces the learning curve.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-06-2013, 01:52 PM
In the third round maybe

Bone
01-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Teo nassib

Tatonka
01-06-2013, 02:06 PM
teo nassib would be a great start to teh draft.

imbondz
01-06-2013, 02:07 PM
omg, lmao...

im so excited about the morrone/nassib regime...

puke...

lol!

justasportsfan
01-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Good read on what MArrone did and what he thought of Nassib.

Marrone agreed with the assessment of Nassib’s strength but worried it could carry him down the road traveled by Andrew Robinson and Catalina. Nassib was bench-pressing 420 pounds last season. Marrone wondered how that was making him a better quarterback.

“He wants to be the strongest player on the team,” Marrone said. “I wouldn’t be surprised if he could play linebacker or tight end. He can run and he can get very big, but that doesn’t coincide with playing quarterback. So we made a conscious effort to make sure he didn’t bulk up.”

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2011/08/syracuse_university_ryan_nassi.html

Generalissimus Gibby
01-06-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm happy that some of you are so eagerly buying your ticket to the failboat:

THRILLHO
01-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see teams talking him up in order to get us to trade up in the draft with them.

jamze132
01-06-2013, 03:21 PM
So Russ's big plan is to raid Syracuse for coaches and players? LMAO

The Jokeman
01-06-2013, 03:23 PM
So Russ's big plan is to raid Syracuse for coaches and players? LMAO

Gotta make this team even more regional, as we've already got Rochester and Toronto on board why not Syracuse too?

Parzival
01-06-2013, 03:24 PM
How many people bagging on Nassib have actually seen him play? I watched pretty much every cuse game this year. I am an Admitted cuse homer here, but I thought he was very impressive this year. There's a reason there's so much talk of him being a high pick...

no other eligible QBs this year really wowed me enough to scoff at drafting Nassib.

Bert102176
01-06-2013, 03:50 PM
QB should be Round 2, after a LB at the top. IMO. Then another LB.

If it's Nassib, fine. That reduces the learning curve.

I agree Nassib in the second is a fine pic , I want Te'o in the first and there is a slim chance he will be there but it's still a chance, in the 3rd rd I say LB or best all around Te available or best WR

coastal
01-06-2013, 03:53 PM
He's fine in the 2nd but really slotted for the 3rd.

That being said... We need another QB for 2 years while he learns.

Albany,n.y.
01-06-2013, 06:55 PM
The best way to find out how Marrone really feels about Nassib is to see if he gets him on the Bills. Film & watching games only is half the story-Unless you know the guy well enough to understand his heart, competitive desire, his work ethic and his mental capacity, it makes it very difficult to predict his NFL chances. I trust Marrone knows everything he needs to know about Nassib to make an accurate analysis. As far as Nassib goes, the Bills are way ahead of 31 other teams in knowing Nassib's intangibles.

So, if the Bills get Nassib, it means he's passed Marrone's evaluation. This is similar to last year when 1 coach outside GB knew Flynn better than any other NFL head coach. That was Philbin, who didn't demand Miami get him when he was a free agent. That's all one needs to know about Flynn. If Nassib is available in the 2nd & we pass on him, my guess is Marrone knows enough to be passing for a reason.

ServoBillieves
01-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Te'o, Boyd.

Too many people would end their lives or complain until their fingers bled on a Bills board about how the Bills were tanking it (Suetonious) on purpose and having massive conspiracy theories.

Jeff1220
01-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Every time a college coach makes the jump to the NFL, there's speculation of him drafting his college QB...has that ever actually happened? I know Spurrier failed miserably at a Florida reunion in DC, but they were already reclamation projects at that point. What ex-college coaches have gone to the NFL and drafted their college team QB?

streetkings01
01-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Every time a college coach makes the jump to the NFL, there's speculation of him drafting his college QB...has that ever actually happened? I know Spurrier failed miserably at a Florida reunion in DC, but they were already reclamation projects at that point. What ex-college coaches have gone to the NFL and drafted their college team QB?Off the top of my head the Fins with the Sherman/Tannenhill connection. Sherman isn't the HC but he had to influence that pick.

dannyek71
01-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Can we just draft a QB in all 7 rounds? We are bound to find someone then.

Figster
01-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Good read on what MArrone did and what he thought of Nassib.

Marrone agreed with the assessment of Nassib’s strength but worried it could carry him down the road traveled by Andrew Robinson and Catalina. Nassib was bench-pressing 420 pounds last season. Marrone wondered how that was making him a better quarterback.

“He wants to be the strongest player on the team,” Marrone said. “I wouldn’t be surprised if he could play linebacker or tight end. He can run and he can get very big, but that doesn’t coincide with playing quarterback. So we made a conscious effort to make sure he didn’t bulk up.”

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2011/08/syracuse_university_ryan_nassi.html

Ryan Nassib in my opinion will be Buffalo's next franchise signal caller. Nassib has a very strong arm, he's smart, tough, and has shown steady improvement throughout his career.

Keeping Marrone and Nassib together would greatly reduce Ryan Nassibs learning curve.

Teo in the 1st, Nassib in the 2nd,

Its a no brainer...

Typ0
01-06-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't doubt this will be the path we take. Syracuse is right down the road there is a marketing angle to this.

BertSquirtgum
01-06-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm happy that some of you are so eagerly buying your ticket to the failboat:

Get the **** out of here with your negative bull****.

paladin warrior
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
In the 5th or 6th round -Ryan Nassib. Bills rather have take 1st round-Wilson,Tyler or Te-o, Manti . or 2nd round - Mamuel,Ej

Bill Cody
01-06-2013, 09:47 PM
I think Tyler Wilson is our 1st pick

NOT THE DUDE...
01-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Get the **** out of here with your negative bull****.

500 record in the worst college football conf....

better days
01-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Nassib, sure, why not? Seems like a perfect fit with Marrone. Two birds, one stone.

JoeMama
01-07-2013, 12:27 AM
eye bet jeeno smiff h8s wyan nassab bkeuz nassab beet him!!!1111

Tatonka
01-07-2013, 01:10 AM
can someone tell me why it would be a bad thing to take nassib in the second? can any of you actually name a qb that is better suited for the offense we will run? for those of you that havent seen him play and havent looked at the guys that are potentially slotted in front of him, this qb class is a bit underwhelming..

i dont know if anyone watched geno smith in the snow during his bowl game against nassib, but nassib was much better.. geno looked like a turd.

you have landry jones who i have never personally been impressed with.. he looked lost many times this year and got his ass handed to him in his bowl game.

you have tyler bray who is way too up and down not to mention at 6-6 and 200 lbs, he is built like a twig.. no consisten improvement there..

there is barkley, who again, never impressed me.. he had the two best receivers in college football and still underperformed.

tyler wilson, see arkansas season.. built like tarzan plays like jane.

tajh boyd is an interesting prospect but he is ranked right next to nassib.. does it make sense to draft him when the measurables are the same and nassib has proven he can run the exact offense we will be using?

nassib was one of my favorite prospects in this years qb class because we wouldnt have to use our first round pick on him but he is a legit prospect who has shown significant improvement over his career.

now i dont know if we will take him, but if we do, i would not assume its becaue the coach is being a homer.. he is trying to win games.. it would be because he thinks, along with the rest of the staff that will help make the call, that he the best fit for what we are doing.

Tatonka
01-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
Height: 6-2. Weight: 229.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
Projected Round (2013): 2-3.
12/1/12: Nassib has completed 63 percent of his passes for 3,619 yards, 24 touchdowns and nine interceptions this year. He has displayed intelligence and accuracy this season.

Nassib had a record-setting game in a narrow loss to Northwestern in Syracuse's opener. He threw four touchdowns in the second half to give the Orange a lead. Nassib set Syracuse records in passing attempts and yards as he completed 45-of-66 passes for 479 yards with four touchdowns and an interception. Nassib also picked up some clutch yards on the ground.

Syracuse doesn't have a strong supporting cast, and Nassib has played better than his numbers indicate.

8/16/12: Nassib came through and improved his accuracy in 2011. His completion percentage was 62 percent and he totaled 2,685 yards with 22 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Nassib also ran for 155 yards and two scores. Against West Virginia, he came up with a big game. Nassib threw for four touchdown passes in Syracuse's upset win. He has some tools to work with and could be a sleeper prospect.

Nassib completed 56 percent of his passes as a first-year starter in 2010, totaling 2,334 yards with 19 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He ran for 255 yards as well.

- - - Updated - - -

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013QB.php

Tatonka
01-07-2013, 01:17 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/QB

ranked number 4 here

Tatonka
01-07-2013, 01:19 AM
ranked 3rd here..

http://www.optimumscouting.com/rankings/static/quarterback-rankings.html

my point is.. he was a legit option prior to us getting a new head coach who happened to be his coach in college.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2013, 01:24 AM
im guessing nix takes one of the top 3 qbs in rd 1 this year.

if we get rid of fitz as a stop gap, then im guessing smith, vick, flynn, and cousins are options that are realistic...

Billz_fan
01-07-2013, 02:03 AM
Maybe Russ can also get the Bills to strike a deal in Syracuse so the Bills play a home game there to ! We get the coach, QB, just seems like a good fit :D

kishoph
01-07-2013, 04:40 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/QB

ranked number 4 here

im guessing nix takes one of the top 3 qbs in rd 1 this year.

if we get rid of fitz as a stop gap, then im guessing smith, vick, flynn, and cousins are options that are realistic...

nfldraftscout.com also has him ranked as the 4th, Foxsports has him going to the Browns with the 6th pick. I think it's too early to try and guess where QB's will go until the combine and pro days are done with, also if an unexpected team or two takes a QB, it can cause a run on QB's, you never know what can happen. I say there is no way he makes it beyond the 2nd round. If you're sold that he's (or any other QB) the guy for your team, you take him with your 1st pick and don't try gambling with him being there in a later round. The position is too important.

jamze132
01-07-2013, 04:54 AM
He won't be available when we pick in the 2nd. If he's the QB we're targeting, we'll have to trade back into the 1st to get him.

YardRat
01-07-2013, 05:41 AM
I could live with Nassib in the second, maybe even trading back into the first to get him, if we get Te'o at 8. IMO he's on par with anybody else available this year that we'd be taking a chance on.

Mahdi
01-07-2013, 07:18 AM
I like Nassib but not in the first round, at least not with our first pick.

He has a very quick release. He obviously knew his offensive system very well because he gets the ball out very fast and with great accuracy. His arm strength is good not great and he has pretty good pocket awareness to step up or sidestep pressure.

From what I have seen he was very good at hitting his first read, I would like to know that he can go through progressions and look off safeties though because the NFL won't give him his first read every time.

trapezeus
01-07-2013, 07:39 AM
I agree Nassib in the second is a fine pic , I want Te'o in the first and there is a slim chance he will be there but it's still a chance, in the 3rd rd I say LB or best all around Te available or best WR

and if te'o goes with the 6th and 7th pic, we can thank the bills for winning an utterly meaningless game.

trapezeus
01-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Maybe Russ can also get the Bills to strike a deal in Syracuse so the Bills play a home game there to ! We get the coach, QB, just seems like a good fit :D

and another dome stadium for us to lose a game in. Sounds exactly like what the russ revolution calls for.

GingerP
01-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Nassib does seem like the best option in the upcoming draft, when you take his history with Marrone into account.

I have heard Matt Flynn used as an NFL comparison for Nassib. They are very similar from a physical standpoint. How about trading for Flynn and drafting Nassib? Flynn is under contract two more years at reasonable money (salaries of $5.25M in 2013 and $6.25M in 2014), and would give them a veteran to start while Nassib develops. Given they are similar players, it would make the transition easier as well.