X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Don't be surprised if we pursue QB Jason Campbell in UFA

I know Ryan Nassib is the QB everyone's looking for the Bills to take in the draft and right fully so due to his connection to Doug Marrone. Yet Campbell might be the guy we go after heavily for this offseason if we let Fitzpatrcik go. Why? Easy look at his time in Oakland. Why Oakland? Well his QB coach there was none other than Paul Hackett who happened to be the OC of the Jets when Marrone got his first NFL coaching job and his son Nathaniel might very well end up the Bills' OC if he follows Marrone to Buffalo. So to me Campbell gives the Bills the veteran QB for us to pursue. If he struggles to start not to worry he's at the very least a solid veteran backup that might be a good mentor to a rookie QB if we don't get the chance to draft Nassib.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Don't be surprised if we pursue QB Jason Campbell in UFA

Interesting connection.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• gonzo1105
      • Jul 2002

He stinks......always has always will. Just resign Tavaris Jackson who is actually better then Campbell. Campbell started some this year in Chicago and was awful.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by gonzo1105 View Post
        He stinks......always has always will. Just resign Tavaris Jackson who is actually better then Campbell. Campbell started some this year in Chicago and was awful.
        Did you bother to read why I said we'd pursue him?

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

This is starting to look like the Kevin Bacon game
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
            This is starting to look like the Kevin Bacon game
            The NFL is a real life Kevin Bacon game at times moreso in the coaching ranks if you really follow things closely. They don't call it a good ole boy network for nothing.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Campbell wouldn't be too bad of an option as a bridge to the franchise QB of the future - whomever that may be.

Comment

• gonzo1105
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                Did you bother to read why I said we'd pursue him?
                yup i did he has a connection and could be a stop gap or good backup....neither is true he proved it in Chicago. Hes one of the main reasons Lovie got fired. How would he be a good mentor? "Hey Ryan, dude, let me show you by mentoring you on how to suck as an NFL Quarterback and get coaches fired cause that's pretty much all I've done in the NFL"

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

I would have been ok with him last year when Chicago got him for next to nothing, but this year? ehhh, not interested unless he is cheaper than Fitz.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Bert102176
                    • Aug 2002

I wouldn't mind Campbell although I prefer to resign t-jax
                    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

yup i did he has a connection and could be a stop gap or good backup....neither is true he proved it in Chicago. Hes one of the main reasons Lovie got fired. How would he be a good mentor? "Hey Ryan, dude, let me show you by mentoring you on how to suck as an NFL Quarterback and get coaches fired cause that's pretty much all I've done in the NFL"
                      Did I just read that Lovie got fired because of Jason Campbell? You can't be serious.

Campbell started a whole ONE game. And saw significant time in one other game.

Comment

• Slim
                        • Apr 2004

He was so terrible with the Bears.

Comment

• gonzo1105
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                          Did I just read that Lovie got fired because of Jason Campbell? You can't be serious.

Campbell started a whole ONE game. And saw significant time in one other game.

Uh I said one of the main reasons i.e he lost two games for em this year, along with an atrocious offensive line and an injury plagued defense at the end of the year ...he would qualify as one of the main reasons. He did also get people fired in Washington and Oakland.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Uh I said one of the main reasons i.e he lost two games for em this year, along with an atrocious offensive line and an injury plagued defense at the end of the year ...he would qualify as one of the main reasons. He did also get people fired in Washington and Oakland.
                            This just in, most teams lose games when their backup QB plays.

And he was so horrible in Oakland that the Raiders were 11-7 in his 18 starts.

19 TDs 12 INTs.
                            Last edited by Mr. Pink; 01-06-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• gonzo1105
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                              This just in, most teams lose games when their backup QB plays.
                              Well no kidding but guess what they dropped Caleb Hanie for Campbell because they thought he could win a game or two for them in case the inevitable happened and Cutler got hurt. Campbell proceeded to go 0-2 in his starts and looked terrible doing it. He stinks...which is my original point, and he is not a good mentor cause he hasn't done anything in the NFL. Let me ask you something. If your a boss and you want a guy to mentor this new guy that has unlimited potential. Are you going to stick him with someone who has no success in the the workplace or one of your best workers.

Comment

Working...
                              X