• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Bills HC search committee vote on Marrone

I'm almost sure that

Committee chair Nix would vote NO. Marrone is simple not his cup of tea based on what we know of Nix.

Jeff Littman would vote YES. Marrone would be the cheapest and have the easiest contract among all candidates.

Brandon would vote YES because, aside from being Syracuse guy through and through, he wanted new ideas, non traditional NFL stuff.

Whaley would vote NO. He hailed from the Steelers, and truly believed Steelers way. The Steelers always believed in hiring up comers instead of recycled coaches (even when Cowher recommanded Gailey when he retired, the Rooneys brushed it aside), but they are not going that far as hiring a college football coach, especially a non prominant football college. Now he may waver a bit as this has the upcomers angle.

With a tie, Brandon has the final say. I see this decision has Russ Brandon finger prints all over. He has failed as a GM last time. Now he's going to put his NFL team President title on the line for this decision.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills HC search committee vote on Marrone

Eh. pure speculation.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Lol. I'm sure both Whaley and Nix are staying where no one cares about their input.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

I think you're way off. Any coach would have to have received the vote of Whaley-he's the GM the coach has to work with. BTW the 4th member of the interview committee was Jim Overdorf, not Littman.

Comment

• theanswer74
          • Apr 2004

What I have found out about Bills fans is unless the Bills hit a slam dunk, be it a draft choice, a coach, or a free agent, then the move has to be the wrong one. I can't say I blame Bills fans for being like this, we are a damaged bunch that has been through a lot.

I just hope its the right move.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

I think you're thinking too much on this one, ghz.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
              I'm almost sure that
              you have no clue

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                Legendary Zoner
                • May 2009

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                I'm almost sure that

Committee chair Nix would vote NO. Marrone is simple not his cup of tea based on what we know of Nix.

Jeff Littman would vote YES. Marrone would be the cheapest and have the easiest contract among all candidates.

Brandon would vote YES because, aside from being Syracuse guy through and through, he wanted new ideas, non traditional NFL stuff.

Whaley would vote NO. He hailed from the Steelers, and truly believed Steelers way. The Steelers always believed in hiring up comers instead of recycled coaches (even when Cowher recommanded Gailey when he retired, the Rooneys brushed it aside), but they are not going that far as hiring a college football coach, especially a non prominant football college. Now he may waver a bit as this has the upcomers angle.

With a tie, Brandon has the final say. I see this decision has Russ Brandon finger prints all over. He has failed as a GM last time. Now he's going to put his NFL team President title on the line for this decision.
                Why do you continue to make stupid threads?

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

The amount of speculation being passed off as fact in the OP is hilarious.
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

I don't see why Whaley wouldn't support a hire like this... his quotes about Horton and Wisenhunt were in no way endorsements of them as coaches. Plus, they are both named Doug. I'm almost sure that was the deciding factor. And yes... I have a source.

Comment

• Raptor
                      • Jan 2009

I dont know whats more stupid, the first post or the three people that actually took the time to thank the first post...

Comment

Working...
                      X