PDA

View Full Version : Bills HC search committee vote on Marrone

ghz in pittsburgh
01-06-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm almost sure that

Committee chair Nix would vote NO. Marrone is simple not his cup of tea based on what we know of Nix.

Jeff Littman would vote YES. Marrone would be the cheapest and have the easiest contract among all candidates.

Brandon would vote YES because, aside from being Syracuse guy through and through, he wanted new ideas, non traditional NFL stuff.

Whaley would vote NO. He hailed from the Steelers, and truly believed Steelers way. The Steelers always believed in hiring up comers instead of recycled coaches (even when Cowher recommanded Gailey when he retired, the Rooneys brushed it aside), but they are not going that far as hiring a college football coach, especially a non prominant football college. Now he may waver a bit as this has the upcomers angle.

With a tie, Brandon has the final say. I see this decision has Russ Brandon finger prints all over. He has failed as a GM last time. Now he's going to put his NFL team President title on the line for this decision.

Novacane
01-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Eh. pure speculation.

justasportsfan
01-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Lol. I'm sure both Whaley and Nix are staying where no one cares about their input.

Albany,n.y.
01-06-2013, 04:41 PM
I think you're way off. Any coach would have to have received the vote of Whaley-he's the GM the coach has to work with. BTW the 4th member of the interview committee was Jim Overdorf, not Littman.

theanswer74
01-06-2013, 05:01 PM
What I have found out about Bills fans is unless the Bills hit a slam dunk, be it a draft choice, a coach, or a free agent, then the move has to be the wrong one. I can't say I blame Bills fans for being like this, we are a damaged bunch that has been through a lot.

I just hope its the right move.

TigerJ
01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
I think you're thinking too much on this one, ghz.

Bill Cody
01-06-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm almost sure that

you have no clue

BertSquirtgum
01-06-2013, 10:09 PM
I'm almost sure that

Committee chair Nix would vote NO. Marrone is simple not his cup of tea based on what we know of Nix.

Jeff Littman would vote YES. Marrone would be the cheapest and have the easiest contract among all candidates.

Brandon would vote YES because, aside from being Syracuse guy through and through, he wanted new ideas, non traditional NFL stuff.

Whaley would vote NO. He hailed from the Steelers, and truly believed Steelers way. The Steelers always believed in hiring up comers instead of recycled coaches (even when Cowher recommanded Gailey when he retired, the Rooneys brushed it aside), but they are not going that far as hiring a college football coach, especially a non prominant football college. Now he may waver a bit as this has the upcomers angle.

With a tie, Brandon has the final say. I see this decision has Russ Brandon finger prints all over. He has failed as a GM last time. Now he's going to put his NFL team President title on the line for this decision.

Why do you continue to make stupid threads?

Crisis
01-06-2013, 10:10 PM
The amount of speculation being passed off as fact in the OP is hilarious.

Don't Panic
01-07-2013, 06:58 AM
I don't see why Whaley wouldn't support a hire like this... his quotes about Horton and Wisenhunt were in no way endorsements of them as coaches. Plus, they are both named Doug. I'm almost sure that was the deciding factor. And yes... I have a source.

Raptor
01-07-2013, 01:19 PM
I dont know whats more stupid, the first post or the three people that actually took the time to thank the first post...