PDA

View Full Version : Lovie's OC choice

gonzo1105
01-06-2013, 08:40 PM
For all you guys that wanted Lovie Smith, I was just listening to Adam Schefter on Lovie and how he might interview with the San Diego Chargers coming up. I post this because Shefter alluded to Smith's OC choice as being Cam Cameron. I was curious how many of the guys that really wanted Lovie would be turned off by his OC choice and how many of them would be okay with Cameron as the offensive coordinator. I wasn't against Lovie but in my opinion the choice of Cameron would be another bad choice and hopefully was the reason why Buffalo was against the idea of him as the head coach

Novacane
01-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Water over the bridge. Hope Lovie doesn't get the job. I'd like him as our DC.

SquishDaFish
01-06-2013, 08:50 PM
I wouldnt of liked that for OC at all

Crisis
01-06-2013, 08:52 PM
We'd be a perfect pit for Cam Cameron. We're great at under utilizing our star RB.

Skooby
01-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Lovie for our DC.

Albany,n.y.
01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Didn't you Lovie for DC see enough Tampa 2 with Jauron/Fewell? I swear, the more I hear about Lovie the more he sounds like Dick Jauron. We dodged a bullet, let's keep it that way. I hope SD hires him as HC so he's not an option for DC.

TigerJ
01-06-2013, 09:15 PM
As I understand it, the Tampa 2 defense that forms the root of Lovie's coaching background has at least one similarity to Dave Wannstedt's defense in addition to the 4-3 alignment. It is that both are relatively vanilla, featuring very little blitzing, and depending on the linemen to apply pressure. As I understand it, Doug Marrone prefers and agressive, blitzing defense, whatever alignment he gravitates to. Therefore, it seems rather unlikely that Marrone will be inviting Lovie to come be his DC. So, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Not going to happen.

BertSquirtgum
01-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Let the Marroone hire his own guys.

Mouldsie
01-06-2013, 11:16 PM
No thanks to Cam Cameron.

JoeMama
01-06-2013, 11:20 PM
We'd be a perfect pit for Cam Cameron. We're great at under utilizing our star RB.

Cam Cameron built the original San Diego offense that split stardom between Philip Rivers and LaDanian Tomlinson.

He may have flopped in Baltimore, but the guy made good use of talent in San Diego.

Night Train
01-07-2013, 03:19 AM
Sounds like Comic Con would be intoducing The Failing Retreads to rival The Avengers.

streetkings01
01-07-2013, 04:13 AM
Cam Cameron built the original San Diego offense that split stardom between Philip Rivers and LaDanian Tomlinson.

He may have flopped in Baltimore, but the guy made good use of talent in San Diego.
The Chargers were stacked on offense from 2004 on...........what OC couldn't make that work?

justasportsfan
01-07-2013, 08:53 AM
this would have made me not like the Lovie hire. He would have fired Cam after a year.