PDA

View Full Version : So which players are going to demand a trade after Marrone run them down?

ghz in pittsburgh
01-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Apparently he's known for hard-driving, disciplined approach resulting 20 players walked out the SU football team. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20130106/SPORTS03/301060052/SU-s-two-bills-drive-Marrone-line-coach-Bills?nclick_check=1

I can see a few Bills players are in that category. Remember this is the pros; they make millions; they are pampered wherever they go.

Mski
01-07-2013, 09:06 AM
and caughlin was the sameway when he came to the giants... guess what, he turned the team around, and got the stars on his side once they realized his system worked....

if the players arent willing to deal with, or work with a hard nose coach that pushes them to the limit (that the cba allows) i dont really want them on the team anyway

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2013, 09:09 AM
We don't have any big shots primadonas on our team, not like Dallas or Jets.

justasportsfan
01-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Marrone has been in the NFL and has seen what worked at New Orleans . While he may not have been responsible for the success at NO, he was in charge of the Jets' OL and got great play from his players. Chan Gailey's laid back ways didn't bring out the best from his players. I'm all for trying a different route.

Joe Fo Sho
01-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Oh man, Spiller is going to be so tired now.

justasportsfan
01-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Oh man, Spiller is going to be so tired now.

10 runs per game so he doesn't get winded per Chan.

Pinkerton Security
01-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Apparently he's known for hard-driving, disciplined approach resulting 20 players walked out the SU football team. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20130106/SPORTS03/301060052/SU-s-two-bills-drive-Marrone-line-coach-Bills?nclick_check=1

I can see a few Bills players are in that category. Remember this is the pros; they make millions; they are pampered wherever they go.

are you serious Clark? This is just ridiculous.

YardRat
01-07-2013, 01:53 PM
We went through this before, successfully (Saban) and very unsuccessfully (G.Williams and his bullhorn). Hope he doesn't turn out to be GW2.0.

Ed
01-07-2013, 01:57 PM
My guess would be the lazy and selfish ones. Good riddance.

justasportsfan
01-07-2013, 02:00 PM
So which players are going to demand a trade after Marrone run them down?

I can see Thigpen demanding a TRADE

Buddo
01-07-2013, 03:20 PM
We went through this before, successfully (Saban) and very unsuccessfully (G.Williams and his bullhorn). Hope he doesn't turn out to be GW2.0.

Very much doubt it, as all the quotes coming out from players he's coached, at the NFL level, seem to indicate that he's very much a straight shooter. It also seems from what I've seen from his presser, that he isn't ever going to throw his players under the bus in public. He might shake them warmly by the throat a lot in private, but it isn't going to be for all to see. Imho, that's very much an approach that most top coaches over many sports have.

madness
01-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Whitner is so out of here! :::

Bill Cody
01-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Once we get our bounty system installed marrone's going to be very popular

psubills62
01-07-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm sure all the teams in the NFL would want to trade for a player who doesn't want to work hard under a new head coach. That's just the kind of team player everyone is looking for.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-07-2013, 05:28 PM
More on Marrone in SU:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Early in Marrone's first season, he gathered the players in the locker room one morning and had them clean the room so they could take more pride in where they spent their day. He required players to dress in a suit and tie instead of sweat suits on game days. He required they sing the Syracuse alma mater before leaving the field after a game. If players were late to class, he would have their photos put on TV monitors in the weight room.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/offensive-oriented-doug-marrone-molded-syracuse-with-discipline.html

ServoBillieves
01-07-2013, 05:54 PM
More on Marrone in SU:

Early in Marrone's first season, he gathered the players in the locker room one morning and had them clean the room so they could take more pride in where they spent their day. He required players to dress in a suit and tie instead of sweat suits on game days. He required they sing the Syracuse alma mater before leaving the field after a game. If players were late to class, he would have their photos put on TV monitors in the weight room.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/offensive-oriented-doug-marrone-molded-syracuse-with-discipline.html

... We know. Please check the other 35 threads on this.

EricStratton
01-07-2013, 06:02 PM
I had a long phone conversation with a current SU player today and the thing he kept saying was that Marrone (he only called him Coach or sir) was open and honest with all players in the locker room but in public he would be the one to take the heat.

He didn't make a habit of airing the teams dirty laundry in the press and the players all appreciated that.

The SU team is upset he left but this guy said they are all happy for his because they all respect him as a coach and they are convinced he left them pointing in the right direction.

BertSquirtgum
01-07-2013, 07:29 PM

Another dumb thread. You've been outstanding at making stupid threads lately.

BillsWin
01-07-2013, 08:05 PM
They'll get over it.

Been pampered too damn long. Rewarded for medocrity for years.

I hope he kicks their ass into shape but maintains a respectful manner.

He keeps saying he wants to build trust, not tear the players down.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Another dumb thread. You've been outstanding at making stupid threads lately.
Hurkeynuts WTH why you gotta be so nasty?

RedEyE
01-08-2013, 06:38 AM
I don't think there are many (if any) players on this team that are afraid of some hard work and discipline. To be honest, Dareus has been the only one that I've questioned in not putting in the work. But as he is from a Saban program, perhaps this is just what the doctor ordered.

jamze132
01-08-2013, 07:59 AM
More on Marrone in SU:

That's awesome!

jamze132
01-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Do you know what players who are soft and weak do when they are challenged physically and mentally? They quit. But they quit by faking injuries and whatnot to take a breather. They do just enough to stay off coach's naughty list. Eventually it shows, and karma will bite them in the ass, but it takes longer to rid the team of these types of players when they fake injuries.

Take a close look in camp who is sitting out this or that practice for an undisclosed or BS injury. Most of those guys have no heart and no desire. They only want a paycheck. Good thing contracts in the NFL aren't fully guaranteed.

Bert102176
01-08-2013, 08:22 AM
So which players are going to demand a trade after Marrone run them down?

I can see Thigpen demanding a TRADE

Screw thigpen and screw Saban the refs in college think Saban is god so much so they help him win another title hey refs u can get off your knees now;

Bert102176
01-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Watching the game lastnight was like watching a Bills at patriots game

better days
01-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Well, Schiano got rid of Talib last year trading him to the Pats* & it destroyed Tampas secondary. If he keeps his nose clean in N.E. he is going to help that team win games.

justasportsfan
01-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Screw thigpen and screw Saban the refs in college think Saban is god so much so they help him win another title hey refs u can get off your knees now;
I was kidding about Thigpen. He's the last guy to demand anything.

DynaPaul
01-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Mario Williams