PDA

View Full Version : High Praise for Bills Hire from Many

BillsWin
01-07-2013, 12:08 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...rone-hire.html (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/drew-brees-jon-gruden-among-those-praising-doug-marrone-hire.html)

Some great quotes from good names in the business on Marrone.

The more I listen to Doug and the more I read from others, the more I think he's got a shot.

ServoBillieves
01-07-2013, 12:18 PM
"NO NO BUT HIS NAME ISN'T BELICHEK AND ISN'T A NAME I KNOW OR WHO I WANTED! HE WILL FAIL"

Said 9/10s of the board, praying that this team loses.

kishoph
01-07-2013, 12:19 PM
What do hell do they know, so and so from the Billszone, said it was a ****ty hire, that he was a 25 -25 coach from a poor college conference, who only got the job because Russ Brandon is a Syracuse alumni, etc, etc, etc.

psubills62
01-07-2013, 12:23 PM
As nice as it might be to read those, quotes from other players/coaches/whoever doesn't really matter to me. Many examples of good quotes about guys who failed. Cowher recommended Gailey. Bill Walsh loved Trent Edwards. Etc.

Not to mention that Jon Gruden loves everyone. Can hardly watch his broadcasts anymore. "Mike, I just can't get over the aggressiveness that that water boy delivered the stream of fluid to that player's mouth. It was a work of art."

madness
01-07-2013, 12:35 PM
As nice as it might be to read those, quotes from other players/coaches/whoever doesn't really matter to me. Many examples of good quotes about guys who failed. Cowher recommended Gailey. Bill Walsh loved Trent Edwards. Etc.

Not to mention that Jon Gruden loves everyone. Can hardly watch his broadcasts anymore. "Mike, I just can't get over the aggressiveness that that water boy delivered the stream of fluid to that player's mouth. It was a work of art."
The thing that stands out is that with the others it was a one to one relationship. With Marrone, everybody seems to love this guy.

justasportsfan
01-07-2013, 01:15 PM
ESPN's Jon Gruden gives thumbs up on Marrone

“You know how this profession is,” Gruden said. “You are at the Senior Bowl, you are at the (NFL) Combine and you are at a lot of common places. You gravitate towards the people that you respect the most. (Doug) Marrone has always been one of those guys.

“The guy understands the big picture. He is not just an o-line coach, he understands the passing game. I think he has a vast background of defensive football too. I just think he knows the game. I have a lot of respect for the way that his offenses attack and the way that he has grown with the game.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/ESPNs-Jon-Gruden-gives-thumbs-up-on-Marrone/1d366187-b223-4fef-84ef-154a2e66f73e

Don't Panic
01-07-2013, 02:23 PM
To be fair, I got the negativity on some of the other decisions... like making Brandon head of football decision making, hiring Mularkey and Jauron, and whiffing on numerous draft picks (especially 1st rounders). Those were some fairly obvious wtf's. But this one is hard to knock out of the gate. It is forward thinking and taking chances... two things we're going to have to do if we're going to return to respectability. To dismiss the guy outright tells me you are simply jaded and incapable of open minded thinking when it comes to the Bills. Just because we've been pathetic for over a decade doesn't make every decision pathetic as a result.

justasportsfan
01-07-2013, 02:24 PM
“Doug is a man who is very serious about his work,” said Coughlin. ”He has called me on the phone, he has stopped in here to talk football. There are a lot of issues that a young head coach is trying to get his arms around. He did an outstanding job of that. He is focused and he is disciplined and he certainly conveys a message of toughness. Doug has worked in the pro game, he’s worked in the college and game and he’s been a head coach at the college level.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/01/07/giants-coughlin-a-marrone-mentor/

trapezeus
01-07-2013, 02:26 PM
"NO NO BUT HIS NAME ISN'T BELICHEK AND ISN'T A NAME I KNOW OR WHO I WANTED! HE WILL FAIL"

Said 9/10s of the board, praying that this team loses.

are you friends with MArrone? the point is that this looks like the same monkeys making the same decisions. no one is rooting for him to fail. but go ahead and just assume everything is ok.

you do realize this guy is going to have growing pains and that next year is essentially another lost season?

oh, no...you don't because you are just happy with blind faith.

Bill Cody
01-07-2013, 03:10 PM
are you friends with MArrone? the point is that this looks like the same monkeys making the same decisions. no one is rooting for him to fail. but go ahead and just assume everything is ok.

you do realize this guy is going to have growing pains and that next year is essentially another lost season?

oh, no...you don't because you are just happy with blind faith.

That's why I hope to hell we draft Tyler Wilson and let him struggle as well for a while. Let the growing pains begin. Fixing the QB position and the coaching job are not going to get fixed quickly but what we need is progress.

kishoph
01-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Other than "fans"on message boards and in social media, I haven't been able to find anyone saying anything negative about Marrone or the hire.

ServoBillieves
01-07-2013, 05:25 PM
That's why I hope to hell we draft Tyler Wilson and let him struggle as well for a while. Let the growing pains begin. Fixing the QB position and the coaching job are not going to get fixed quickly but what we need is progress.

Are you literally (and by the looks of it, yes) hoping for failure? How pathetic is that?

DynaPaul
01-08-2013, 09:21 AM
High praise? Is Nicholas Cage here?