PDA

View Full Version : Marrone thought we had the most talent of teams looking for HC

mjt328
01-07-2013, 01:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8820882/doug-marrone-hired-buffalo-bills

The story on ESPN tells a little bit about why Marrone chose Buffalo, and I thought that tidbit was interesting.

Ed
01-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Where are you getting that from? I don't see any mention of that in the article.

GingerP
01-07-2013, 02:09 PM
I don't know if that says more about the talent on the roster or Marrone's ability to judge talent.

justasportsfan
01-07-2013, 02:13 PM
He's mostly impressed with Kelsay

psubills62
01-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Where are you getting that from? I don't see any mention of that in the article.
Adam Schefter states it in the video.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if that says more about the talent on the roster or Marrone's ability to judge talent.
I wondered that myself. I've been thinking our talent has improved, but don't know that it's improved quite that much.

BigZ
01-07-2013, 02:20 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/1/7/3844630/doug-marrone-buffalo-bills-head-coaching-search

mjt328
01-07-2013, 02:29 PM

It's in the video, not the article.

Ed
01-07-2013, 02:40 PM
It's in the video, not the article.
Ok. I can't watch videos right now, but that's encouraging.

I didn't realize he interviewed with San Diego and Philly as well.

psubills62
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
To add onto the whole "Buffalo has talent" concept...this is the first time in a little while that we've hired a new HC and I don't see this as a full rebuilding. We've got some good players on both sides of the ball. We do need upgrades at a number of positions, but for the most part we need coaches who can use the good players we have now correctly.

GingerP
01-07-2013, 03:05 PM
To add onto the whole "Buffalo has talent" concept...this is the first time in a little while that we've hired a new HC and I don't see this as a full rebuilding. We've got some good players on both sides of the ball. We do need upgrades at a number of positions, but for the most part we need coaches who can use the good players we have now correctly.

I think ti should be appended with "other than QB ". If he thinks Fitz is part of the solution, there may be a problem.

jimmifli
01-07-2013, 03:46 PM
What's he supposed to say? "Well, the roster looks like a hot mess, and Cleveland had more pieces of the puzzle already in place, but I didn't want to get stuck without a chair when the music stopped... so Buffalo seemed like a good option."

EricStratton
01-08-2013, 11:30 AM
What's he supposed to say? "Well, the roster looks like a hot mess, and Cleveland had more pieces of the puzzle already in place, but I didn't want to get stuck without a chair when the music stopped... so Buffalo seemed like a good option."

But he had a chair jimmi, if the NFL things didn't work out he goes back to SU nad negotiates a raise and and extention just like so many college guys do.

Mike
01-09-2013, 02:54 AM
What About the 10-6 Bears?

BillsFever21
01-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Of course he is going to say we had the most talent. I'm sure he would've been saying the same thing anywhere he went.

I'm not excited or mad about the hire since I don't know much about him. He took over a terrible program at Syracuse and had a .500 record after 4 years so there was improvement but there wasn't any great teams. At least he has some NFL experience with Payton. I'm cautiously optimistic and will take a wait and see approach. At least for the first time in 7 years I wasn't pissed off and already knew we were going to suck which was the case when we hired Jauron and Gailey.

At least there were other teams interviewing him and had some interest in him. That's an improvement from the past couple hires. Whether he would've gotten a job anywhere else remains to be seen. Lets hope we finally have a competent coach.

mikemac2001
01-09-2013, 06:28 PM
What About the 10-6 Bears?

Very Old Defense

Oline is shaky

but i agree they do have talent

ServoBillieves
01-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Byrd, Williams, Williams, Gilmore, Dareus, Carrington, Wood, Levitre, Johnson, Spiller, Jackson... Those are some great pieces.