PDA

View Full Version : Marrone sends text message to all Bills players.

BertSquirtgum
01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
I wonder if Chan even knows how to use a cell phone.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/doug-marrone-texts-introductory-note-to-bills-players.html

- - - Updated - - -

My first day on the job at One Bills Drive was certainly exciting and proved to be a very busy one as well. I apologize for not getting this out to you sooner. In the early part of this week I will be fully engaged in putting together our coaching staff, but I want to let you know that I am planning to be in the office later this week. So please stop by and say hello if you have the opportunity. If not, I look forward to hearing from you down the road when we have the staff in place.
I'm looking forward to gaining your trust and working hard to achieve our goals.
Coach Marrone

capitolneal
01-07-2013, 07:39 PM
classy

BillsWin
01-07-2013, 07:41 PM
I like him. His choice in staff will make or break him. It appears that they are aggressively pursuing a staff now and I like their direction so far.

OpIv37
01-08-2013, 12:24 AM
This is typical "I'm the new guy in charge" stuff.

There is nothing good or bad about it. As the new coach, he has an obligation to reach out to the players. He did it. It's a non-story. There are no reasons for compliments or criticisms here.

BertSquirtgum
01-08-2013, 12:41 AM

There is nothing good or bad about it. As the new coach, he has an obligation to reach out to the players. He did it. It's a non-story. There are no reasons for compliments or criticisms here.

Do you think Chan made a video of himself playing a banjo and sent it out to players? The players thought it was thoughtful enough that they decided to share the texts with the Buffalo news.

coastal
01-08-2013, 03:51 AM
Good mgmt

X-Era
01-08-2013, 05:14 AM

I agree with your view that it should be a standard thing. Is it?

That's the data point we don't have.

I like that he did it.

Don't Panic
01-08-2013, 05:44 AM

Come on man... how is this not good? A lot of coaches couldn't get over their ego long enough to do something like this. He shows humility and dedication in one fellow swoop. It may not seem like much, but these are exactly the little things that will help him get off on a good foot. It is definitely good, and I'm glad to hear he did it.

jamze132
01-08-2013, 05:49 AM
It's really not that big of a deal guys. Every HC in the NFL, NCAA, or CFL should be doing this with his players. So he did what he was supposed to. Great. Next.

coastal
01-08-2013, 06:10 AM
Thanks coach! Maybe you can come over on Saturday for cocktails in the library. You'll have to grab books on your own though. My wrist is still healing. ~ MW

RedEyE
01-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the info, but let's not over analyze everything this guy does. He reached out to his players. Good, that's what he is getting paid millions of dollars to do.