PDA

View Full Version : Teo

BidsJr
01-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Most overated top prospect in the draft. Him and Notre Dame are nothing but an overhyped Boise St.

Crisis
01-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Boise State actually wins their BCS games, though.

cookie G
01-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Boise st. has a cooler home field.

And not quite the alumni support.

Don't Panic
01-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Is it ND that looks bad or T'eo specifically? I'm just tracking the score... the wife and I are in a Breaking Bad marathon.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-07-2013, 08:44 PM
I no longer want anything to do with T'eo

Crisis
01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Is it ND that looks bad or T'eo specifically? I'm just tracking the score... the wife and I are in a Breaking Bad marathon.

Both. Alabama is making them look like high schoolers.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Dude, hand in your man card!

zone
01-07-2013, 08:58 PM

Braking Bad is 1000% better than this garbage. Kelly was asked what had to happen in the second half to turn it around and he said "Maybe Alabama doesn't come out"

gonzo1105

Hey is he getting any action tonight for watching Breaking Bad? If so, not a bad idea in my opinion. I mean the game is 28-0 at halftime so what is the purpose of watching that slaughter.

SquishDaFish
Give it a break. They are in national championship for a reason. They are a dman good team with a great defense. Yea 1 game makes a team?!?! Sure.

Jaybird
01-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Teo has Not been able to shed blocks all season. Reminds memofmrolamdo McClain. Lots of hype but not a dominant nfl lb

coastal
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Give it a break. They are in national championship for a reason. They are a dman good team with a great defense. Yea 1 game makes a team?!?! Sure.
R u ever on the sane side of anything... anything?

Jaybird
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Teo has Not been able to shed blocks all season. Reminds memofmrolamdo McClain. Lots of hype but not a dominant nfl lb

Crisis
01-07-2013, 09:01 PM

Great defenses dont give up 28 points in a half, and it should've been more. A great defense if they never have to play the SEC I guess.

ServoBillieves

... What? Yes. They are a D-man good team. This is embarrassing...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
Braking Bad is 1000% better than this garbage. Kelly was asked what had to happen in the second half to turn it around and he said "Maybe Alabama doesn't come out"
LOL you are right... Kelly sounded like he wanted to sneak out the back door!

zone
And T'eo is playing like garbage. Trying to arm tackle a SEC running back doesn't work.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-07-2013, 09:02 PM
T'eo drops out of top15 cause of this game

SquishDaFish
01-07-2013, 09:04 PM
R u ever on the sane side of anything... anything?

Like you ever know what your talking about. 1 game doesnt make this team a joke. They are a great team. They have one of the best defenses in college football. Those are facts jackass. Yea they are getting beat but they are missing a ton of tackles which never happens. AND to top it off they had help from the refs early in the 1st quarter.

- - - Updated - - -

And T'eo is playing like garbage. Trying to arm tackle a SEC running back doesn't work.

Your right 100%. This is by far his worst game of his college career. But that doesnt make his career either.

cookie G
01-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Good lord.

jimmifli
01-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Rounds? That's a bit much.

coastal
01-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Good lord.
Not tonight.

TrEd FTW
01-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Braking Bad is 1000% better than this garbage.

In fairness to this game, Breaking Bad is 1000% better than most things.

YardRat
01-07-2013, 09:07 PM
I'll still take him at 8. Notre Dame is just so overwhelmingly inferior right across the board, it would be tough for anybody to look decent the way 'Bama is playing. And, I am completely enjoying the **** out of it.

kingJofNYC
01-07-2013, 09:10 PM
He was never a top 5 pick, or a top 15. Scouts know what's up. Remember Upshaw? Nuff said.

coastal
01-07-2013, 09:12 PM
He was never a top 5 pick, or a top 15. Scouts know what's up. Remember Upshaw? Nuff said.i ask this because I respect your opinions as much as anyone on this site... R u a scout or do u work in the game?

cookie G
01-07-2013, 09:21 PM
I'll still take him at 8. Notre Dame is just so overwhelmingly inferior right across the board, it would be tough for anybody to look decent the way 'Bama is playing. And, I am completely enjoying the **** out of it.

I'd just as soon take Jones or Warmack, let the Fins take Teo, and beat up on him twice a year.

ParanoidAndroid
01-07-2013, 09:24 PM
You know who is bad? Nicks..... He is the slowest off the snap every single play. T'eo is not looking like a guy who is going to come in and anchor a linebacking corps in the NFL.

kingJofNYC
01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
i ask this because I respect your opinions as much as anyone on this site... R u a scout or do u work in the game?

nah, i just watch football and share my thoughts, im wrong as much as i am right, but i watch a lot of ND.

I'd just as soon take Jones or Warmack, let the Fins take Teo, and beat up on him twice a year.

with you on warmack, or matthews. the only positions we should be looking at if we stay in the top ten is DL/OL, or trade back and take a WR/TE.

Arthur Brown is the only LB I'd take early in this draft.

Arctic Wild Man
01-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Bama is running everything outside taking Teo out of his game. The times they do run up the middle Teo over pursues and misses the play.

Gilly
01-07-2013, 10:02 PM
that alabama corner mildner plays smooth....

cookie G
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM
with you on warmack, or matthews. the only positions we should be looking at if we stay in the top ten is DL/OL, or trade back and take a WR/TE.

Arthur Brown is the only LB I'd take early in this draft.

People around here would freak if we took an OL in the first, especially an interior OL. I wouldn't. Not saying I would take one, but actually wouldn't freak about it.

I'm just not sure on Arthur Brown. I've watched him play for 2 years now (he's much better than last year)...I just don't think he's big enough.

jimmifli
01-07-2013, 10:14 PM
People around here would freak if we took an OL in the first, especially an interior OL. I wouldn't. Not saying I would take one, but actually wouldn't freak about it.

I'm just not sure on Arthur Brown. I've watched him play for 2 years now (he's much better than last year)...I just don't think he's big enough.
We've got two good players (assuming Russ Brandon isn't a liar - not a safe assumption but...), two borderline starters that could use an upgrade, but the real problem is at tackle. If we went RT or LT in the first round I'd be ecstatic.

Ingtar33
01-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Te'o had one of the worst games of football I've ever seen him play. He's a much better player then that, he looked too amped up at the start, then when things started to go bad, he started to play outside of his job to cover for others and make something happen. of course that took him out of position to do his job... and of course he couldn't get off any block from that o-line.

still would take him in round 1. he's too good to kill his whole career over just one game... but man, would have loved to see him play better on the big stage.

jimmifli
01-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Te'o had one of the worst games of football I've ever seen him play. He's a much better player then that, he looked too amped up at the start, then when things started to go bad, he started to play outside of his job to cover for others and make something happen. of course that took him out of position to do his job... and of course he couldn't get off any block from that o-line.

still would take him in round 1. he's too good to kill his whole career over just one game... but man, would have loved to see him play better on the big stage.
If he can't get off a block vs these guys, how's he going to do it in the NFL?

Ingtar33
01-07-2013, 10:42 PM
If he can't get off a block vs these guys, how's he going to do it in the NFL?

lots of reasons a guy can't get off blocks. but this was the first time i thought "can he play MLB in the NFL?" I've seen this kid play against NFL quality players the last two years, and he never looked like he did tonight. I never had a doubt he could play MLB before this mess. Now however...

I don't know... now i'm thinking WLB might be a better fit for him in the NLF, more like a Derrick Brooks type then anything else. Might even be the case too...

really shocking what i saw... I know alabama is loaded on the line, all 5 of those guys will have careers in the nfl... but i didn't think their guards were anything special, frankly i'm still not sure they are... which is what makes Te'o's night all the more shocking. They're good players, but not THAT good on the inside of that line.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-07-2013, 11:06 PM
So we're on year four of "SEC champ defense beats up on garbage quarterback." It's so freaking monotonous. I'm sick of these idiot coaches who keep bringing the exact same read-option plays into the NCG as they ran during the season. All Saban does is blitz blitz blitz until they get knocked into a 3rd and long, and knock the ball down on the inevitable horrid pass.

Can decent dropback passers please not choke away winnable conference games please? I'm looking at you Mr. Luck, Mr. Griffin, and Mr. Weeden.

OpIv37
01-08-2013, 12:01 AM
If one good thing comes out of this ****ing god-awful game, it will be that Te'o falls to us.

The dude had a bad game. One. After dominating for an entire season and being above average to great for his entire career before that.

Alabama has had this pressure on them before. The current ND roster has not. Judging Te'o by this game alone is flat-out ignorant. As an avid ND fan, I've watched every game of Te'o's career and tonight's game is not a good representation of what he can do. Even the best of the best have off nights, and ND's heralded defensive line played like ****, which made his job that much harder. The kid can play- I've seen him do it far more often than not.

There will be no QB's worthy of the #8 pick still on the board at #8. Take Te'o.

Wolffman
01-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Top 10 NFL picks make big plays in big games. Te'o didn't just have a bad game tonight, he got completely and totally manhandled. Missed tackles, couldn't get off blocks and was lost in pass coverage.

You know why he had a bad game? Bama could actually release a guard to block him. Usually that fatass in the middle takes a double team but fortunately Bama has their own fatter-ass that could handle him one-on-one. If tonight is any indication Te'o is not a good player when he is blocked. It is unlikely he will have a very good NFL career.

Wolffman
01-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Also, he didn't dominate against Pitt who had an atrocious line and an even more atrocious QB.

BidsJr
01-08-2013, 04:37 AM
If one good thing comes out of this ****ing god-awful game, it will be that Te'o falls to us.

In the second round.

X-Era
01-08-2013, 05:16 AM
Te'o looked out classed last night

Don't Panic
01-08-2013, 05:40 AM

Sorry brother... this one had dud written on it from the beginning. I'd much rather watch a chemistry teacher sling crystal to pay his cancer bills than that (classic moral dilemma, right?).

zone
01-08-2013, 06:45 AM
T'eo has a hitch in his swing. H could not compete on the big stage agianst the top talent. Op you are actually being a homer, I've seen you ridicule Bills players for much less.

OpIv37
01-08-2013, 06:47 AM
T'eo has a hitch in his swing. H could not compete on the big stage agianst the top talent. Op you are actually being a homer, I've seen you ridicule Bills players for much less.

ONE time. He competed pretty damn well against USC and Oklahoma, plus numerous others.

RedEyE
01-08-2013, 07:17 AM
The entire Irish defense was out of synch last night. Completely uncharacteristic of them. Teo had one bad game all year and turned out to be the biggest of his college career.

BidsJr
01-08-2013, 07:24 AM
ONE time. He competed pretty damn well against USC and Oklahoma, plus numerous others.

Two other hugely overated teams.

Notre Dame played a bunch of cupcakes that made him look all world. Heisman hype? Ahahhahahhaha. They are lucky they played Alabama and not A&M. The Aggies would have put 70 on them.

SquishDaFish
01-08-2013, 07:27 AM
One bad game 1

CoolBreeze
01-08-2013, 07:45 AM

The dude had a bad game. One. After dominating for an entire season and being above average to great for his entire career before that.

Alabama has had this pressure on them before. The current ND roster has not. Judging Te'o by this game alone is flat-out ignorant. As an avid ND fan, I've watched every game of Te'o's career and tonight's game is not a good representation of what he can do. Even the best of the best have off nights, and ND's heralded defensive line played like ****, which made his job that much harder. The kid can play- I've seen him do it far more often than not.

There will be no QB's worthy of the #8 pick still on the board at #8. Take Te'o.
How can you FAIRLY judge his career when the bulk of it has been playing the likes of Navy, Air Force, Tulsa, Western Michigan, Purdue, Pitt and Wake Forest every year. I went back and looked at ND schedule the last 4 years. 2012 they played 4 ranked teams during the season. The quality wins were against Stanford and Oklahoma. I cannot count Michigan St and Michigan, because quite honestly, they suck. The previous years they played 2 ranked teams. It would be interesting to see if he had to play Florida, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M, South Carolina, and Mississippi State every year. (Teams with NFL talent) Every team stacks their schedule with cupcake games, just not most of them. While I would agree that Notre Dame is above average, I would dispute their right to be in this game. Year after Year it is proven that the SEC is by far the best conference. I would think it would be embarrassing to watch these Mid-West schools get rocked every year by the SEC in front of a national audience. I can't say Teo will succeed or fail in the NFL, but you have to admit, after this game, against NFL ready lineman, there have to be some questions.

Bert102176
01-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Both. Alabama is making them look like high schoolers.

The refs were obviously helping Bama also

Bert102176
01-08-2013, 08:29 AM
He still had 10 tackles

Joe Fo Sho
01-08-2013, 08:44 AM
He still had 10 tackles

...and 7 missed tackles.

Mski
01-08-2013, 08:47 AM
it looked like the only thing anyone on ND defense knew how to do was arm tackle, t'eo included, when he was able to step up in the gap he over persued, and fell for a head fake and always whiffed in the backfield

- - - Updated - - -

he completely lost his fundementals out there, and that alone scares me more than just having a bad game

Mr. Miyagi
01-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Sadly I agree. He looked soft and confused out there. I wouldn't want him on my team.

Joe Fo Sho
01-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Sadly I agree. He looked soft and confused out there. I wouldn't want him on my team.

Te'overrated

mysticsoto
01-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Anybody like Nico Johnson form Alabama?

The Jokeman
01-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Boise State actually wins their BCS games, though.

Because Boiste State was never invited to play for the National Championship game and rightly so.

ublinkwescore
01-08-2013, 10:30 AM
In fairness to this game, Breaking Bad is 1000% better than most things.

not sons of anarchy, and not the shield. I miss Vick Mackey.

Crisis
01-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Because Boiste State was never invited to play for the National Championship game and rightly so.

Boise State 2-0 in the BCS
ND 0-4 in the BCS

sukie
01-08-2013, 01:02 PM

Your team (assuming the Bills) has me and jomama as linebackers... Teo would be an improvement but not in the first... That i will agree

IAG
01-08-2013, 01:50 PM
He should go late one.

YardRat
01-08-2013, 04:03 PM
I'd just as soon take Jones or Warmack,

I wouldn't ***** one bit about Jones or Warmack.

Ingtar33
01-08-2013, 07:59 PM
How can you FAIRLY judge his career when the bulk of it has been playing the likes of Navy, Air Force, Tulsa, Western Michigan, Purdue, Pitt and Wake Forest every year. I went back and looked at ND schedule the last 4 years. 2012 they played 4 ranked teams during the season. The quality wins were against Stanford and Oklahoma. I cannot count Michigan St and Michigan, because quite honestly, they suck. The previous years they played 2 ranked teams. It would be interesting to see if he had to play Florida, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M, South Carolina, and Mississippi State every year. (Teams with NFL talent) Every team stacks their schedule with cupcake games, just not most of them. While I would agree that Notre Dame is above average, I would dispute their right to be in this game. Year after Year it is proven that the SEC is by far the best conference. I would think it would be embarrassing to watch these Mid-West schools get rocked every year by the SEC in front of a national audience. I can't say Teo will succeed or fail in the NFL, but you have to admit, after this game, against NFL ready lineman, there have to be some questions.

and Urlacher played at the university of New Mexico in the freaking Mountain West and London Fletcher was a D3 football player.

yet i'd say Te'o was a far superior college football LB than either of them; while playing against tougher oponents.

Tatonka
01-09-2013, 12:41 AM
im of the mind that the kid had one bad game. **** happens. i've been playing hockey for 20 years and i have had plenty of games when i just didnt have it at all.. weather it was nerves, or being deflated because a team was just kicking our ass right out of the gates or whatever.. i dont think its smart to dismiss a kid because of one bad game.. drew brees threw 5 ints in a game this year.. he single handedly cost his team a game because he played so bad.. does that mean drew brees sucks? does that mean he is not one of the best qbs in the league? i think you have to look at the body of work. i would still take him.

teo and nassib, 1 and 2.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QdAmbTzt7rE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

starrymessenger
01-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Forget about Teo because we're not picking him at #8, plain and simple.
If you want a LB in the first, think J. Jones.
Or consider other defensive players because thats where the quality is at the top of this year's draft.

mikemac2001
01-09-2013, 01:15 PM
My issue was the lack of heart from someone i thought to be a leader

just seemed to be rattled and couldnt recover...wanted to make every play on every snap

PromoTheRobot
01-09-2013, 02:02 PM

I used to think you knew something about football. Now I can see that avatar is your homer calling card.

Te'o didn't just have a bad game, it was like he wasn't even on the field. Teo looked like a Pop Warner kid trying to tackle an NFL RB. He was so outclassed and overmatched I couldn't believe this kid was touted as a Heisman hopeful. This was not one bad night for Te'o, it was a blunt warning that he will a horrendous bust in the NFL. If the guy can't tackle a player on Alabama, what is he going to do in the NFL??? He is too slow and undersized. Te'o will make Aaron Maybin look like an all-pro.

PTR

justasportsfan
01-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Te'o will make Aaron Maybin look like an all-pro.

PTR Ouch!

PromoTheRobot
01-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Te'overrated

Manti Te'bow.

PTR

k-oneputt
01-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Amazing what you will see when you face NFL caliber talent.

k-oneputt
01-09-2013, 02:15 PM
I would like Teo more as an outside lb.

MTBillsFan
01-09-2013, 02:21 PM
One game doesn't define a career. All of ND looked like dog diarrhea Monday night. Te'o is one of the most decorated LB's to ever come out of college. If he happens to drop, watch NE sweep in and draft him and then we'll all be *****ing about it for years to come.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2013, 02:29 PM

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Breaking Bad is the best show on television.

BidsJr
01-09-2013, 03:06 PM
OTe'o is one of the most decorated LB's to ever come out of college.

Most decorated because he came from the massively overated Notre Dame Hype Machine, playing a Boise St. style schedule.

Wolffman
01-09-2013, 04:27 PM
im of the mind that the kid had one bad game. **** happens. i've been playing hockey for 20 years and i have had plenty of games when i just didnt have it at all.. weather it was nerves, or being deflated because a team was just kicking our ass right out of the gates or whatever.. i dont think its smart to dismiss a kid because of one bad game.. drew brees threw 5 ints in a game this year.. he single handedly cost his team a game because he played so bad.. does that mean drew brees sucks? does that mean he is not one of the best qbs in the league? i think you have to look at the body of work. i would still take him.

teo and nassib, 1 and 2.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QdAmbTzt7rE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That video is pure trash. Total ND circlejerking as always.

Bert102176
01-09-2013, 05:43 PM

The walking dead is the best show on tv

- - - Updated - - -

The walking dead is the best show on tv

Bert102176
01-09-2013, 05:49 PM
I still want Te'o at 8 if he is there then Nassib in rd 2

BidsJr
01-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Most overated top prospect in the draft. Him and Notre Dame are nothing but an overhyped Boise St.

Wow, didn't even know he was a fraud.

Op must be crying in his Lucky Charms tonight.