PDA

View Full Version : i'd be happy if the bills only drafted from alabama

trapezeus
01-07-2013, 10:28 PM
are these the mostNFL ready players in their positions?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2013, 11:53 PM
they will be even better next year...

3 olineman back
qb is back
yeldon and fowler at rb....
amari cooper back...

7 starters back on d....

stinson and pagan replace square and dial on dline, they are even better......

NOT THE DUDE...
01-07-2013, 11:59 PM
stinson, ivory, pagan as starters on dline

fanning, kirven/ball, pettway are incredibly talented as backups...

and that is not including the 2013 class for dline which as 2 great players jonathan allen and darius page...

CoolBreeze
01-08-2013, 07:18 AM
I wouldn't be upset if the Bills drafted Barrett Jones in the 1st rd. He was an All-American at C, RG, RT, 3 years straight. Also a 4.0 Student that completed his Bachelors degree in 3yrs and finishing his Masters degree in Accounting. While O-Line is not an absolute necessity how do you pass this kid up? His versatility and ability would only make this line better. He would become a need if Levitre walks. Even if Levitre stays, he could slide in at RT. A line of Glenn/Levitre/Wood/Urbik/Jones would be the best O line in football. If/When Wood gets hurt, Jones slides into C, and Hariston takes over at RT. Also could eliminate Pears contract.

Night Train
01-08-2013, 07:54 AM
LSU is pretty loaded with NFL talent.

jamze132
01-08-2013, 07:56 AM
LSU, Florida, Alabama, Georgia...

Can't really go wrong until you get to the 3rd RD and beyond. Then it's hit an miss. See David Nelson (YAY) and Ron Brooks (AKA Chris Watson).

D2K
01-08-2013, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't be upset if the Bills drafted Barrett Jones in the 1st rd. He was an All-American at C, RG, RT, 3 years straight. Also a 4.0 Student that completed his Bachelors degree in 3yrs and finishing his Masters degree in Accounting. While O-Line is not an absolute necessity how do you pass this kid up? His versatility and ability would only make this line better. He would become a need if Levitre walks. Even if Levitre stays, he could slide in at RT. A line of Glenn/Levitre/Wood/Urbik/Jones would be the best O line in football. If/When Wood gets hurt, Jones slides into C, and Hariston takes over at RT. Also could eliminate Pears contract.

If you are going to draft an O-lineman from Bama, it has to be Chance Warmack. He is a dominating force. If Levitre is let go, Warmack will be the pick. With Marrone being a former Olineman himself, and with his specialty being the O-line, it makes a ton of sense.

The Jokeman
01-08-2013, 09:40 AM
If you are going to draft an O-lineman from Bama, it has to be Chance Warmack. He is a dominating force. If Levitre is let go, Warmack will be the pick. With Marrone being a former Olineman himself, and with his specialty being the O-line, it makes a ton of sense.

Or shift Glenn to his more natural position of LG and draft an even better LT prospect like Luke Joeckel or Taylor Lewan and make our O-line even better.
Yet with the way the Bills seem to do things if Levitre is let go we would take Warmack which is only wise if we trade down as it's about getting good value with your picks and truth is Lewan is better suited drafting in the mid to late part of the 1st Round.

D2K
01-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Or shift Glenn to his more natural position of LG and draft an even better LT prospect like Luke Joeckel or Taylor Lewan and make our O-line even better.
Yet with the way the Bills seem to do things if Levitre is let go we would take Warmack which is only wise if we trade down as it's about getting good value with your picks and truth is Lewan is better suited drafting in the mid to late part of the 1st Round.

In all honesty, I dont want anything to do with an Olineman in the 1st round, in this draft or any draft.

I laugh at all the mock drafts that have multiple OT's and Olineman in general slated to go in the 1st round. This league doesnt view them like they did 10 years ago.

Last year, only 2 OT's went in the entire 1st round (Kalil #4 / Reiff #23), in a class that was pre-draft a pretty damn good OT class. Only 4 Olineman went in the 1st round period last year (the 2 I mentioned and DeCastro @ 24 and Zeitler @ 27 both OG's).

Its easy to find Olineman in rounds 2-7 that can give you league average production.

IMO, when team building, you only draft QB's or players for the defensive side of the ball in the 1st round.

kingJofNYC
01-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Jones is their worst OL man.

Warmack's an absolute stud. Dareus has yet to live up to his draft status. Problem with Bama prospects is that some have already reached most of their ceiling.

Mosley's a good one as well, staying in school though.