PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta assists leader wants $3.5M per year

BillsFever
07-09-2003, 09:24 PM
The relatively stagnant free-agent season may be affecting Slava Kozlov's efforts to get more money from the Atlanta Thrashers.

Kozlov, the team's second-leading scorer, is looking for $3.5 million to $4 million per season on a three- to four-year deal, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Monday, adding that Atlanta is offering $9.3 million over three seasons. So the difference of opinion is at least $1.2 million.

Scott Lites, Kozlov's agent, is hopeful a deal will be reached by the end of next week -- though not necessarily with Atlanta. Lites told the AJC he has talked to "several" other teams since the left winger became an unrestricted free agent July 1.

"One way or the other, I think we can get something done in the next 10 days," he told the paper.

The AJC speculated that Waddell is counting on Kozlov not being deluged with offers in this slower-than-usual July. The short time left in the league's collective bargaining agreement -- it expires in September 2004 -- is believed to be putting a damper on the wheeling and dealing.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0707/1577805.html

Dozerdog
07-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Kozlov isn't worth it.

I gotta say, I thought this thread was about Danny Heatly when I saw the title- at that price he's a steal.