PDA

View Full Version : How many NFL teams could Alabama beat?

Arctic Wild Man
01-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Not sure if they are on the same level as NFL teams but that was a pretty impressive performance for a team that hadn't played in a month. Wish they had a "bowl game" where the BCS champion got to play the last place team in the NFL. Would make for an interesting game.

BILLSROCK1212
01-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Way back when...that game actually existed. The results, from what I can remember, were pretty interesting.

OpIv37
01-08-2013, 12:18 AM
None.

The best college team couldn't beat the worst NFL team. The level of play is that drastically different.

There are 120+ DI-A schools with rosters of 75 or so. That's 9000 players.

The NFL has 32 teams with 53 man rosters. That's 1696 players. And, the NFL has a 7 round draft, so out of 9000 players in college football, only 224 get drafted. And while some undrafted players make NFL rosters, not all of the drafted ones will. And, some from lower divisions beyond DI-A make NFL rosters. At absolute most, out of 9000 DI-A players, MAYBE 300 make an NFL roster each year. Realistically, it is probably closer to 200.

Alabama whooped my Irish tonight. There is no denying that and there are no excuses. But it's stupid to think they could hang with even the worst NFL team.

BertSquirtgum
01-08-2013, 01:04 AM
Zero

coastal
01-08-2013, 03:51 AM
I know one.

venis2k1
01-08-2013, 04:06 AM
Ummmmm this is a joke right?

Could you honestly see AJ McCarron carving up ANY nfl secondary??

Raptor
01-08-2013, 04:11 AM
all 32 NFL team would completely destroy Alabama.

They would be lucky to cross midfield

don137
01-08-2013, 06:09 AM
It depends. Is Wannstedt the defensive coordinator for the NFL team?

Saratoga Slim
01-08-2013, 06:31 AM
None. I think the huge difference would be in the trenches. There probably could be some favorable individual matchups at skill positions (Dee Milner vs. Donald Jones?), but any NFL team would blow Alabama off the line.

Novacane
01-08-2013, 06:46 AM
How many players from Alabama will make an NFL roster?

ghz in pittsburgh
01-08-2013, 06:49 AM
At least Nix got this right: you scout and take players from SCC, SEC.

coastal
01-08-2013, 06:52 AM
None. I think the huge difference would be in the trenches. There probably could be some favorable individual matchups at skill positions (Dee Milner vs. Donald Jones?), but any NFL team would blow Alabama off the line.
Barrett Jones and Chance Warmack are 1st rounders this year.

Cyrus Kouandiljio will likely be a 1st round LT.

We have one 1st round selection on our line.

gebobs
01-08-2013, 07:28 AM
How many players from Alabama will make an NFL roster?
How many Buffalo Bills would make an NFL roster. ;-)

To your point, Alabama is without question the most dominant team of the past several years. In the past 5 years, of a total of about 150+ players that have been on their roster over that span, 24 have been drafted.

ParanoidAndroid
01-08-2013, 07:36 AM
I think this particular Alabama team could actually run on NFL teams. That O-line has some serious talent and their RB's are going to be NFL players. Could they win? No.

Bill Cody
01-08-2013, 09:47 AM

No they wouldn't. Check the sizes of Alabama's lines. AL has an OL made up of guys that will play in the league and they're well coached. GA has a lot of future pros on their DL and AL ran all over them. I'd actually like to see an AL vs Jacksonville matchup. I'd favor Jacksonville but not by as much as any of you guys seem to think.

streetkings01
01-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Out of all the players in the NFL drafted from Bama.........besides Julio Jones who has been a stud? Seems as if Bama puts out more average to below average players then actual good players.

streetkings01
01-08-2013, 12:49 PM
No they wouldn't. Check the sizes of Alabama's lines. AL has an OL made up of guys that will play in the league and they're well coached. GA has a lot of future pros on their DL and AL ran all over them. I'd actually like to see an AL vs Jacksonville matchup. I'd favor Jacksonville but not by as much as any of you guys seem to think.The Jags would roll Bama by more then 30 points. The Jags consist of players that were studs in college..........Bama has a team that maybe 1-3 guys will actually pan out in the NFL.

streetkings01
01-08-2013, 12:50 PM
How many Buffalo Bills would make an NFL roster. ;-)

To your point, Alabama is without question the most dominant team of the past several years. In the past 5 years, of a total of about 150+ players that have been on their roster over that span, 24 have been drafted.How many are above average players? Ingram, Smith, Arenas?!?!? Besides Julio Jones the Tide puts bum players in the NFL.

Mski
01-08-2013, 01:11 PM
the 0-16 Lions would "roll" the tide

IAG
01-08-2013, 01:49 PM
None

gebobs
01-08-2013, 02:07 PM
How many are above average players? Ingram, Smith, Arenas?!?!? Besides Julio Jones the Tide puts bum players in the NFL.
My point is that Alabama, at best, only has about 1 in 6 players that might make an NFL roster and far less than that would be starters. Of their current roster, they might have three or four guys that could start right away at best.

In contrast, even the worst NFL teams have - let me get my calculator out - 22 starters and all have at least some NFL experience. The difference in the level of play is not even close to marginal. Every year there are upwards of 25,000 college players (including I-AA and II) competing for about 300 spots on rosters.

If Alabama played Kansas City, they would get clobbered.