San Diego Chargers-- Lovie Smith

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Arizona Cardinals-- Doug Marrone
Chicago Bears-- Doug marrone
Cleveland Browns-- Doug Marrone
Philadelphia Eagles-- Doug Marrone
San Diego Chargers--Doug Marrone

oh waaaaait..... The BILLS GOT THE HOT COACH THIS TIME.... The rest of these teams have to settle with OUR SCRAPS this time! Pretty sweeeeet!

RedEyE
01-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Arizona Cardinals-- Ray Horton
Chicago Bears-- Rick Dennison
Cleveland Browns-- Mike Zimmer
Philadelphia Eagles-- Lovie Smith
San Diego Chargers-- Bruce Arians

YardRat
01-10-2013, 05:41 AM
Brian Kelly interviewed with the Eagles...

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8830219/brian-kelly-notre-dame-fighting-irish-interviews-philadelphia-eagles-coaching-vacancy-sources

Night Train
01-10-2013, 06:01 AM
Owners want offense, which equals energy & excitement to the ticket buying public.

Defensive minded coaches/coordinators are going to have a very hard time landing HC jobs. Retreads are getting courtesy interviews and little else.

RedEyE
01-10-2013, 06:09 AM
Brian Kelly interviewed with the Eagles...

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8830219/brian-kelly-notre-dame-fighting-irish-interviews-philadelphia-eagles-coaching-vacancy-sources

I saw this on ESPN this morning. I'm huge ND fan, but I think Brian Kelly is all wrong for an HC position in the NFL.

Don't Panic
01-10-2013, 07:15 AM
I saw this on ESPN this morning. I'm huge ND fan, but I think Brian Kelly is all wrong for an HC position in the NFL.

Agreed... not sure why he'd leave ND (and I'm not a fan), especially for the Eagles. Must be angling for a raise.

BigZ
01-10-2013, 08:58 AM
My prediction - Cleveland will get stuck with Mike Malarkey

ServoBillieves
01-10-2013, 09:28 AM
My prediction - Cleveland will get stuck with Mike Malarkey

Beat me to it.

CleveSteve
01-10-2013, 09:49 AM
shut your whore mouth.

Albany,n.y.
01-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Arizona Cardinals--Chan Gailey, because a lot of people retire there
Chicago Bears--Marv Levy, because it's the job he's always wanted and he doesn't have to move
Cleveland Browns--Mike Mularkey, because the Dawg Pound loves their cheeseburgers
Philadelphia Eagles--Gregg Williams, because they liked bounties when Buddy Ryan was there
San Diego Chargers--Wade Phillips, because they regret not promoting him when he was their DC
Jacksonville Jaguars--Dick Jauron, because it worked out so well the last time he replaced Mularkey

psubills62
01-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Jaguars fired Mularkey, per Schefter.

RedEyE
01-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Looks like Cowher wants to come back to coaching now. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8827258/bill-cowher-wants-coach-nfl-again-some-point-according-report

Where the hell was he 2 weeks ago?

ServoBillieves
01-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Cowher looks like a fit to Chicago, Jacksonville, or Eagles. 2 cold weather teams and a team that's right down the road in Jacksonville.

Dude
01-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Agreed... not sure why he'd leave ND (and I'm not a fan), especially for the Eagles. Must be angling for a raise.No, he was going to get a raise anyway, he didn't need the NFL. This is his M.O. - he's interviewing because he's interested, and because he doesn't consider ND his final destination. It would not surprise me one bit if, not only does he take the Philly job, but also if it comes out later that the "interest" was determined before the national championship but he deferred any interviews until after the game.

EricStratton
01-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Cowher looks like a fit to Chicago, Jacksonville, or Eagles. 2 cold weather teams and a team that's right down the road in Jacksonville.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, however, reported Wednesday that Cowher has no plans to return to the sidelines for the 2013 season and may not return for another four or five seasons. The newspaper cited a source close to the former coach.

Night Train
01-11-2013, 03:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8833956/cleveland-browns-hire-rob-chudzinski-head-coach

Rob Chudzinski - OC in Carolina - new Cleveland HC

OMG ! What didn't they blindly hire Lovie ! He's such a hot candidate !

YardRat
01-11-2013, 05:37 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8833956/cleveland-browns-hire-rob-chudzinski-head-coach

Rob Chudzinski - OC in Carolina - new Cleveland HC

OMG ! What didn't they blindly hire Lovie ! He's such a hot candidate !

Chudzinski will target former San Diego Chargers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/sd/san-diego-chargers) coach Norv Turner to be his offensive coordinator, a source told ESPN. Turner's son, Scott, worked for Chudzinski in Carolina.

That would be a good hire for the Browns. Maybe Rivers ends up in Cleveland also.

psubills62
01-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Jimmy Johnson is hardly a reliable source, but he seems to think Chicago will hire Marc Trestman as HC.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-johnson-says-bears-hiring-trestman-20130111,0,7941124.story

CleveSteve
01-11-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm happy with the Chud/Turner hire... if anyone can play to Weeden's strengths it's the guy who coached Phillip Rivers. Chudzinski favors a downfield passing attack, which the Browns are actually built pretty well for. Gordon (size/speed) and Benjamin (elite speed) are solid downfield threats and should clear out giving Little and Cameron room to work underneath. Weeden's got a strong arm and our OL is terrific in pass pro... Weeden had all day to throw this year.

What worries me is rumors about switching to a 3-4... we'd have to blow up our entire D. My hope is that Chud, being a lifelong Browns fan (and an offensive guy anyways) knows where the strengths of our personnel lie and will stick with the 4-3.

*edit* I'm especially happy about the hire because before it happened, it looked like Whisenhunt was going to be the coach.

Novacane
01-11-2013, 11:33 AM
That hire came out of nowhere. Shows how much bs the media reports and how much they don't know! Don't know anything about the guy so won't knock it.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Looks like Whisenhunt is going to get left out in the cold

RedEyE
01-16-2013, 06:29 AM
Its official: Trestman went to Chicago and Mike Mcoy went to San Diego

justasportsfan
01-16-2013, 10:00 AM
everyone's hiring first time NFl head coaches except for KC

Joe Fo Sho
01-16-2013, 10:03 AM
everyone's hiring first time NFl head coaches except for KC

Yup, and out of the hirings so far, I think KC has the highest probability of being successful.

Mski
01-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Yup, and out of the hirings so far, I think KC has the highest probability of being successful.i think thats because they're the only one with a known proven comodity... of all the teams hiring a new HC i think KC may have the least talent.

Joe Fo Sho
01-16-2013, 10:19 AM
i think thats because they're the only one with a known proven comodity... of all the teams hiring a new HC i think KC may have the least talent.

That's absolutely the reason. Who better to rebuild a team with no talent than a coach who's been averaging over 9 wins per season for 14 years? That's after he inherited a 3-13 team in 1998.

justasportsfan
01-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Yup, and out of the hirings so far, I think KC has the highest probability of being successful.

the interesting part though is that out of the final 4 teams 3 are first time NFL coaches and 1 is a retread (Bellicheat) .

Of the teams that went to the playoffs for one reason or another 8 coaches were first time coaches with their current team while 4 are retreads.

ticatfan
01-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Jimmy Johnson is hardly a reliable source, but he seems to think Chicago will hire Marc Trestman as HC.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-johnson-says-bears-hiring-trestman-20130111,0,7941124.storyBuffalo missed out again. Trestman and the bears are going to the SB, he has one of the greatest football minds around.

Joe Fo Sho
01-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Chip Kelly to the Eagles..yikes

justasportsfan
01-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Buffalo missed out again. Trestman and the bears are going to the SB, he has one of the greatest football minds around.

Cuttler is most likely one happy camper.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Cuttler is most likely one happy camper.

unlikely
cutler seems like one of those people who are NEVER happy. lol

YardRat
01-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Arizona Cardinals--
Chicago Bears--Marc Trestman
Cleveland Browns--Rob Chudzinski
Jacksonville Jaguars--Gus Bradley
Philadelphia Eagles--Chip Kelly
San Diego Chargers--Mike McCoy

And, of course, Marrone in Buffalo. Two college head coaches, three NFL coordinators, one CFL transplant, one opening left. Zero retreads. Guys like Gailey, Crennel, Turner, Mularkey etc may have really ****ed over the Lovie Smith and Ken Wisenhunts of the world...because of their ****ty track records, team's seem less interested in trusting their next move to a guy with HC experience in the big league.

RedEyE
01-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Whisenhunt OC of Chargers

- - - Updated - - -

Marenelli to be Cowboys DL coach.

justasportsfan
01-18-2013, 08:25 AM
I think the count is now 24 new coaches and 8 retreads

kishoph
01-18-2013, 09:05 AM
I think the count is now 24 new coaches and 8 retreads

You're right, unless you count Arians as a new head coach, even though he was a interim head coach for the Colts, then it would be 25-7. I was shocked when I saw the number. The "old guard" is slowing being edged out.