• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD: Ryan Nassib Scouting Report

Normally I would post this in the Scouting Zone and let it die a slow death but with the Hackett and Marrone moves I figured I could have some relevance here.

Prospect: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse Orange
    Height: 6’2
    Weight: 228 lbs.
    Grade: 6.9 (Grading Scale)
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: BBD: Ryan Nassib Scouting Report

good stuff thanks for posting!
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Fixxxer
      • Jul 2002

If they like the guy and think he can translate his game to the pros, and Marrone should know this better than anyone, they should take him before anyone does.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
        • Sep 2002

If the Bills think that Nassib is the guy they better grab him at #8. They have waited on QBs in the past and have lost them. This is no time to gamble on him falling. There will probably be higher rated players on board at 8 but so be it.

Let the scouting dept. do their jobs and find some gems in later rounds. It aggravated me to hear of the the lower drafted players contributing so well for the playoff teams. It's about time that our resident genious, Buddy Nix, did the same.

Comment

• kishoph
          • Jun 2003

I've said it previously and people laughed, if the Bills like him and think he's their guy, grab him at 8, do not take the gamble of him being there in a later round. His stock has been rising as it is, if he has a good showing in the Senior Bowl, who knows how high he can go. Myself I don't put a lot into performances in Bowl games, the layoff the players go through is too long to expect top performances. What I like about Nassib is he has good size, a strong arm with a quick release and seems to be a leader and of course having already worked with Marrone and Hackette. What I don't care for, is him not knowing his limitations, as far as trying to force things, but he'll learn with experience. QB should be the Bills #1 concern and while I still like Tyler Wilson, I'd be totally onboard with taking Nassib with the 8th pick.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Watching him in several games, he needs to set his feet a bit more when delivering some balls but that's easily correctable. Was clearly comfortable in that K gun Offense and delivered the ball quickly. Some games, his receivers dropped a lot of balls that were right on the money. He's accurate.

I also liked the fact that Offense ran the ball with so much success, like in the bowl game against West Virginia when the bad weather basically eliminated the pass.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

I think it is a good sign that he seems to have developed rapidly over the past few years. It appears as if he came to Syracuse as a really raw athletic kid. Marrone and Hackett turned him into a QB. He's still not the most finished product ever to come out of college at the QB spot (Andrew Luck might hold that title), but his rapid development leads one to think he's got a pretty good chance to keep improving in areas like his reads and touch passes. I wouldn't mind him ending up as the Bills draft pick.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

I watched his USC game last night....
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Thanks for the writeup Draftboy. I don't know that much about him, but all signs pointing towards us interested in him.

One thing that bothers me in your writeup is how he only throws the fast ball. Has he displayed any touch balls or over the shoulder lob balls in any games? I'd think we need more than a rocket in every pass.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I can see the bills trading back to the 1st to grab him.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

When was the last time a Coach choose to reunite with a college QB. The last time I remember this being a topic was with Cho (OC of Tenn) having a chance at Leinhart and he passed and took Young.

I can't remember any other instances though.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        When was the last time a Coach choose to reunite with a college QB. The last time I remember this being a topic was with Cho (OC of Tenn) having a chance at Leinhart and he passed and took Young.

I can't remember any other instances though.
                        If there's a better, more talented candidate available, I'm pretty sure they'll take him.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• billsburgh
                          • Jul 2003

Tannehill in Miami last year. the OC was his coach in college

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

did the gailey staff in its entirety get let go? is david lee still available to provide QB guidance, or is it safe to say someone else will fill that role?

not that lee worked magic with fitz, but i can see working with a 30 yr old who was successful last year before an injury much harder than a 23 yr old who trusts his coaches because they made him better.

reading that review, the negatives are fixable. i think a rocket arm guy can learn touch. i dont think weak arm guys can learn to win in december at the ralph.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

The entire Bills Coaching staff was fired
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X