</tbody>

DBrown77
01-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Wheeler
Brinkley
Henderson

The King
01-09-2013, 08:45 AM
The talent level here is mostly second tier which IMO means we really should think about CJ Moseley at 8 (assuming Jones is gone).

CleveSteve
01-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Mosely said he's not coming out...

12/24/12 - Indoor Practice Facility while junior linebacker C.J. Mosley made news following the two-hour practice, announcing he would return for his senior season at the Capstone. "I'm staying for one more year (at Alabama)," Mosley said on Thursday. "There's a lot I still haven't accomplished yet as far as football goals, and I still want to get my degree. It really hasn't been a tough decision because the whole time I knew I was going to stay."

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=110707&draftyear=2014&genpos=OLB

Mahdi
01-09-2013, 08:54 AM
We should be going hard after Dannell Ellerbe. Good player who can blitz and tackle from the inside.

psubills62
01-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Interestingly, I saw that the Jets may release several players (Calvin Pace, Bart Scott) for the cap room. I wouldn't want to go after them as starters necessarily, but wouldn't mind a couple to help transition the defense to what Pettine wants. Help fill in the gaps on the defense, if anything.

The King
01-09-2013, 09:20 AM
I like Pace's motor.

The King
01-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Mosely said he's not coming out..

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=110707&draftyear=2014&genpos=OLB
Poop. Then maybe Thomas from Stanford.

Mahdi
01-09-2013, 09:29 AM
I like him a lot.

Mski
01-09-2013, 09:30 AM
i wouldnt mind maualaga

Night Train
01-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Those lists don't take into account expected cap casualties.

Example - Jets Bart Scott and Calvin Pace. They could be pluuged right in to our D by their old DC.

ServoBillieves
01-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Ashlee Palmer.

ParanoidAndroid
01-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Henderson is the best combo of talent and youth on that list, but he can't stay off the trainer's table. The rest are old or meh.... except Wheeler who had one good year in Oakland and would be crazy not to stay on the team who helped him break out.

ParanoidAndroid
01-09-2013, 10:42 AM
If Geno Hayes has the ability to do what he did in TB a couple years back, he'd be interesting....but who's in the mood for trying the Merriman experiment again?

Tatonka
01-09-2013, 10:46 AM
maualuga would look good next to Teo.

k-oneputt
01-09-2013, 10:57 AM
I liked Maualuga when he came out in his draft.
Has had some off field issues and isn't an angel that the Bills usually like to draft and sign. {see Burfict }
With this new management set-up I don't know where they are concerning off field concerns with possible draftees and free agents.

The King
01-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Chase Blackburn has played really well in NYG. Slim chance he hits the market but I'd love him.

paladin warrior
01-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Brian Urlacher

The Jokeman
01-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Name Tenure Team

What source did you get your list from? As I have a bigger list from: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42077/309/nfl-free-agent-master-list-13?pg=3

Rush Linebackers

Connor Barwin
Anthony Spencer
Paul Kruger
Shaun Phillips
Victor Butler
Antwan Barnes
Rob Jackson
Bryan Thomas
Quentin Groves
Aaron Maybin
Erik Walden
Shawne Merriman
Travis LaBoy
Chris Wilson

Outside Linebackers

Daryl Smith
Philip Wheeler
Erin Henderson
Thomas Howard
Manny Lawson
Kaluka Maiava
Leroy Hill
Justin Durant
DeAndre Levy
Nick Roach
Jonathan Casillas
Gerald McRath
Will Witherspoon
Scott Fujita
Bryan Scott
Akeem Jordan
Keith Rivers
Clint Session
Aaron Curry
Rocky McIntosh
Brandon Johnson
Scott Shanle
Dan Skuta
Mario Haggan
Lorenzo Alexander
Ramon Humber
Geno Hayes
Gary Guyton
Kirk Morrison
Demorrio Williams

Inside Linebackers

Rey Maualuga
Brian Urlacher
Tim Dobbins
Moise Fokou
Brad Jones
Dannell Ellerbe
Bradie James
Keith Brooking
Chase Blackburn
Ernie Sims
Larry Foote
Jasper Brinkley
E.J. Henderson
Paris Lenon
Mike Peterson
Channing Crowder
Brandon Siler
Barrett Ruud
Larry Grant
Tavares Gooden

GingerP
01-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Ashlee Palmer.

He already re-upped with Detroit through 2014.

JoeMama
01-09-2013, 12:25 PM
The talent level here is mostly second tier which IMO means we really should think about CJ Moseley at 8 (assuming Jones is gone).

I think Alec Ogletree could be our guy at 8.

I felt like Kelvin Sheppard was -- arguably -- our biggest liability on D this season. We really need an ILB.

Jeff1220
01-09-2013, 12:34 PM
There aren't really any youngish marquee names there, but there is some okay talent on that list.

stuckincincy
01-09-2013, 12:45 PM
i wouldnt mind maualaga

CIN fans would rejoice if he leaves. He was fair as a rookie MLB. Moved to MLB. Got overweight. Busted an ankle or something. Came back. Lost some weight this year.

He's a stiff. If you happened to watch the CIN -BAL game the last week of the regular season, he pulled up twice when the BAL rookie qb ran for yarsa along the sideline.

Against HOU, the Texans' TE caught 9 balls. The tv commentators noted how Maualaga stood around, not even contesting. He's terrible in pass defense.

I recall several times in his career where he didn't move an inch when a loose ball was on the ground.

Burfict will take over CIN's MLB spot.

CleveSteve
01-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Glad you posted that... I wanted to but you have more Bengal cred.

psubills62
01-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Baltimore seemed to specifically target Maualuga in pass coverage during the playoff game.

k-oneputt
01-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Two down lb.

stuckincincy
01-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Glad you posted that... I wanted to but you have more Bengal cred.

CIN OLB Manny Lawson isn't much to speak of, either. He might stick with them for depth. Depends on if Thomas Howard comes back healthy...Burfict got into the starting lineup in game 3 after Howard injured his knee in practice. K-State rookie Emmanuel Lamur will make their '13 squad.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised to see DE M. Johnson get a franchise tag.

X-Era
01-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Johnathan Vilma is a potential cut. The Saints are in cap hell.
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/11/new_orleans_saints_defensive_s_1.html

Bart Scott but probably not Pace since he's really more a 3-4 OLB

Erin Henderson won't cost a fortune and is productive and young.

For Carolina who also is in cap trouble, LB's James Anderson and Jon Beason could be cut

For Dallas, Dan Connor could be a casualty

I'd be real pleased with Vilma and Henderson.

Saratoga Slim
01-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Can't believe Brandon Siler has been in the league six years. Seems like yesterday that Draftboy was drooling over him (not literally, I don't think, but you got the idea)

Mouldsie
01-09-2013, 05:03 PM
I think Alec Ogletree could be our guy at 8.

I felt like Kelvin Sheppard was -- arguably -- our biggest liability on D this season. We really need an ILB.
I think Ogletree is a better fit at OLB.... Ogletree might be able to slow down Gronk, more than Scott anyway

YardRat
01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Who's ****ing around with the site, and why did the font change suddenly and the front page show up after stuck's post?

JoeMama
01-09-2013, 07:26 PM
I think Ogletree is a better fit at OLB.... Ogletree might be able to slow down Gronk, more than Scott anyway

For my money there's no one better than Jarvis Jones but no way he slips past Jacksonville.

Mouldsie
01-10-2013, 02:00 AM
I like Bryce Brown's Brother Arthur a lot too. I think he has a chance in the middle ala London Fletcher. Plays more physical than his size.

coastal
01-10-2013, 06:14 AM
I got a ten spot that Kelvin Sheppard has a renewed career in this D.

The King
01-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Who's ****ing around with the site, and why did the font change suddenly and the front page show up after stuck's post?
:?:

The Jokeman
01-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Johnathan Vilma is a potential cut. The Saints are in cap hell.
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/11/new_orleans_saints_defensive_s_1.html

Bart Scott but probably not Pace since he's really more a 3-4 OLB

Erin Henderson won't cost a fortune and is productive and young.

For Carolina who also is in cap trouble, LB's James Anderson and Jon Beason could be cut

For Dallas, Dan Connor could be a casualty

I'd be real pleased with Vilma and Henderson.

Beason's a huge risk as he's only played 6 games in the last two seasons. Vilma has the stink of Bountygate on him and not sure we would pursue him. A report from Rotoworld reports Erin Henderson was a two down player in Minny so not sure if we want to throw big money at him but I'll admit wasn't a Nick Barnett fan last year so welcome a chance at someone else.

X-Era
01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Beason's a huge risk as he's only played 6 games in the last two seasons. Vilma has the stink of Bountygate on him and not sure we would pursue him. A report from Rotoworld reports Erin Henderson was a two down player in Minny so not sure if we want to throw big money at him but I'll admit wasn't a Nick Barnett fan last year so welcome a chance at someone else.
Vilma is noted as having very good character off the field. I don't think we'd shy away from him because of that. Hell we signed TO.

Bert102176
01-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Name Tenure Team

<colgroup><col><col span="2"></colgroup><tbody>
Rey Maualuga
CINp

Philip Wheeler
OAK

Paris Lenon
ARI

Larry Foote
PIT

Justin Durant
DET

Jasper Brinkley
MIN

Chase Blackburn
NYG

DeAndre Levy
DET

Brian Urlacher
CHI

Nick Roach
CHI

Erin Henderson
MIN

Brad Jones
GB

Dannell Ellerbe
BAL

Bradie James
HOU

Bryan Scott
BUF

Leroy Hill
SEA

Kaluka Maiava
CLE

Keith Brooking
DEN

Rocky McIntosh
STL

Tim Dobbins
HOU

Will Witherspoon
TEN

Moise Fokou
IND

Ernie Sims
DAL

Demorrio Williams
SD

Manny Lawson
CIN

Akeem Jordan
PHI

Lorenzo Alexander
WAS

Jonathan Casillas
NO

Keith Rivers
NYG

Scott Shanle
NO

Brandon Siler
KC

Omar Gaither
OAK

Geno Hayes
CHI

Scott Fujita
CLE

Ashlee Palmer
DET

Mike Peterson
ATL

</tbody>

Rey Maualuga and Erin Henderson plus draft Manti Te'o with Nigel Bradham our LB's would be amazing

K-Gun
01-12-2013, 06:08 PM
I got a ten spot that Kelvin Sheppard has a renewed career in this D.

I hear that, and I can see Carrington move back to DE and become a force. I think Pettine is going to open up a whole new world for a lot of the young guys on that side of the ball.