PDA

View Full Version : Luongo

mightysimi
01-09-2013, 08:32 PM
any guesses where he goes? The even money has to be on the Leafs as I think that Burke was fired for not doing it. TSN is also reporting that Philly has jumped into the mix too. Florida is out there too but seems to not want to give up too much. I hope for the Canucks he gets traded sooner rather than later.

Mski
01-09-2013, 09:56 PM
philly

The King
01-10-2013, 07:10 AM
I hope he comes to our division, tooling on Luo rules.

mightysimi
01-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Well he can't play in Boston. That much is for sure.

The King
01-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Playing against him would be a ball though, the fans absolutely buried him.

ckg927
01-10-2013, 05:44 PM
I have a better question:

Considering Luongo's on the downside of his career, why would Buffalo want him?

OpIv37
01-10-2013, 06:15 PM
I have a better question:

Considering Luongo's on the downside of his career, why would Buffalo want him?

Who suggested that?

His contract is obscene. And goaltender is far from our biggest problem. This makes no sense for Buffalo.

But I bet Toronto at least makes a play for him. I was listening to NHL Radio on XM on my way home and they had the new GM of the Leafs on. He said good things about the Leafs goaltending but was non-committal.

Dozerdog
01-11-2013, 10:14 AM
My dark horse team is Tampa. If Tampa can deal/shed Vinny Lecavillier's deal- the could use Luongo - would solidify a position of need.

Money is a big isue- but Lecavillier instead of Leino? I'd think about it

Mski
01-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Who suggested that?

His contract is obscene. And goaltender is far from our biggest problem. This makes no sense for Buffalo.

But I bet Toronto at least makes a play for him. I was listening to NHL Radio on XM on my way home and they had the new GM of the Leafs on. He said good things about the Leafs goaltending but was non-committal.alot of the speculation on twitter from the TSN guys is that Burke was fired because he wouldnt pull the trigger on a luongo deal, vancuver wants way too much

OpIv37
01-11-2013, 11:32 AM
alot of the speculation on twitter from the TSN guys is that Burke was fired because he wouldnt pull the trigger on a luongo deal, vancuver wants way too much
If that's the case then Toronto is being stupid. Burke got housed on the Kessel deal. Not trading for Luongo shows that he isn't repeating his mistake with a much older player.

Mski
01-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Darren Dreger was the first to report that something was "fishy" about the timing of the firing, stating that he saw burke and other members of the team brass and ownership scouting together at an OHL? game the night before the firing

The King
01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
If that's the case then Toronto is being stupid. Burke got housed on the Kessel deal. Not trading for Luongo shows that he isn't repeating his mistake with a much older player.

Yesa he did.

mightysimi
01-11-2013, 05:20 PM
My dark horse team is Tampa. If Tampa can deal/shed Vinny Lecavillier's deal- the could use Luongo - would solidify a position of need.

Money is a big isue- but Lecavillier instead of Leino? I'd think about it

They traded for Rinne's backup before the lockout. I think Stevie Y has said before he won't trade for another goalie.

mightysimi
01-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Playing against him would be a ball though, the fans absolutely buried him.

That they did. And the media here did too. Someone that can be shook like that should be playing in Florida, far away from anyone who cares.

Skooby
01-11-2013, 06:37 PM
We're good.

ckg927
01-13-2013, 10:30 PM
alot of the speculation on twitter from the TSN guys is that Burke was fired because he wouldnt pull the trigger on a luongo deal, vancuver wants way too much

Sorry, but Brian is the smart one in this matter.

If I was Buffalo's GM, I wouldn't want him either.

mightysimi
01-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Sorry, but Brian is the smart one in this matter.

If I was Buffalo's GM, I wouldn't want him either.

Of course not Buffalo. They have a goalie in Miller. There are teams out there that don't have any goalies. Toronto being one of them. I don't know how a team with no goalies wouldn't want a player who typically has a GAA of around 2.2 and a SP of .910. You are right that Vancouver is asking for a lot but I think they can ask a lot this year because there are no cap consequences. If he stays, I would bet the price be lower for the next year.