PDA

View Full Version : At least you're not rooting for Jacksonville

BigZ
01-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Today - over a week after 7 other teams started looking for head coaches - Jacksonville fired Mike Mularkey. Complain as many of you will about the Bills choices so far - at least we're not starting late again like Jacksonville!

Meathead
01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
i heard chan gailey is available

ParanoidAndroid
01-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Gailey and Tebow! Spread-a-licious!

Mr. Miyagi
01-10-2013, 02:32 PM
It may sound funny but I wouldn't be totally floored if this happened.

Albany,n.y.
01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Jacksonville isn't that far behind the 6 other teams, especially if the rumors are true that GM David Caldwell is going to choose his college roommate 49ers OC Greg Roman. If Roman is the choice, chances are he's already put out feelers to guys who will join him on the staff. In reality, Jacksonville might be in better shape than the other 5 teams.

The Bills are the ones AHEAD of the rest of these teams still looking for a coach, and I love it! Not only that, but we got a guy that some of these other teams were considering, but we made sure that the 2 Kellys weren't going to mess up our decision making & zeroed in on the guy we really wanted while Cleveland and Philadelphia just had Kelly stars in their eyes & didn't focus on the best candidates who actually want to coach in the NFL. So while we're looking at assistant coaches, 5 teams are falling behind, it's about time we're in front instead of behind. The worst example ever was 2001. Donahoe thought Marvin Lewis would be a slam dunk, so we waited until after the Super Bowl. The only problem was Lewis thought he had the Cleveland job & basically blew us off in the interview. When Cleveland chose Butch Davis, Lewis couldn't take back his less than enthusiastic Bills interview & Donahoe went to Gregg Williams instead. Then last time, after every good coach wouldn't answer his phone when the caller id came up Buffalo Bills, we got stuck on 1/19 hiring a guy who got fired as an OC in preseason & would have taken the HC job if Orchard Park High School had called him 1st.

don137
01-10-2013, 03:29 PM
The problem with a lot of the teams left to choose a head coach is someone they want is still coaching in the playoffs.

Don't Panic
01-10-2013, 07:39 PM
The Caldwell then Roman plan has been out there for weeks, so if they get him then they're right where they need to be.

Skooby
01-10-2013, 08:31 PM
The Caldwell then Roman plan has been out there for weeks, so if they get him then they're right where they need to be.

I actually think that Mike has redeeming qualities as an assistant on a NFL team. I met the man & his associates, they're all good folks.

JoeMama
01-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Today - over a week after 7 other teams started looking for head coaches - Jacksonville fired Mike Mularkey. Complain as many of you will about the Bills choices so far - at least we're not starting late again like Jacksonville!

Hey, some of us are rooting for Jacksonville (barring when they play the Bills).

BTW, can Mike Mularkey catch a break?

He got forced by OBD to go with JP Losman in 2005 then resigned rather than throw his coordinators under the bus.

Then he gets burned with Gabbo in Jacksonville and terminated after one season because the GM got fired.

He's a good OC, I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere. But in all likelihood, his career as a HC is over.

Night Train
01-11-2013, 03:22 AM
What doesn't Lovie go there ?

A week ago, I was INSTRUCTED by many here that he was the greatest HC candidate by far !

I guess multiple other NFL teams are dense to his supreme greatness.

EDS
01-11-2013, 08:49 AM

Well at least Jacksonville did the right thing and gutted their front office. The Bills on the other hand, just promote from within an organization mired in futility.

Bill Cody
01-11-2013, 11:29 AM
BTW, can Mike Mularkey catch a break?

He got forced by OBD to go with JP Losman in 2005

link?

Ed
01-11-2013, 12:26 PM
The new Jags GM said yesterday that they have no interest in Tebow. If the Jags don't even want him it's going to be pretty hard for Tebow to find a team.

JoeMama
01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
link?

Yeah like I'm gonna find a link for a story that's 7+ years old.

Just search the archives either here or buffalorange.

ServoBillieves
01-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Well at least Jacksonville did the right thing and gutted their front office. The Bills on the other hand, just promote from within an organization mired in futility.

Yeah, thank God we promoted these line coaches and ball boys that were with the organization from last year. Seems legit to do so!

Skooby
01-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Yeah, thank God we promoted these line coaches and ball boys that were with the organization from last year. Seems legit to do so!

Taco rocks.